Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

Just now, TexArcher said:

Awesome, now the 4-year rebuild can begin.

Thanks for nothing, you Private-Pyle-All-Grown-Up looking sack of failure.

I'm afraid it's going to be a long one since BoB traded all the picks away.  Tanking this year does nothing unless you want to try and sell Watson.  It's ugly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I want Joe Brady or Public Bienemy. Brady has shown his chops these past 2 years with LSU and Carolina. He has a nice mix of college and NFL experience. I would be very happy with Bienemy but I wonder how much he is contributing to their success compared to Andy Reid.

Edited by Macklemore

Just now, Zeus said:

Can Desean Watson get into the transfer portal now and go somewhere decent?

Also, is Romeo Cornell the oldest HC of all time at 106?

God you're a fucking beating. Spell his name right, asshole. And no he's not leaving. We're paying him $40M a year.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm afraid it's going to be a long one since BoB traded all the picks away.  Tanking this year does nothing unless you want to try and sell Watson.  It's ugly.

Hire Bienemy

Trade JJ for picks 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

God you're a fucking beating. Spell his name right, asshole. And no he's not leaving. We're paying him $40M a year.

$40M a year for how many years? I don't think he will survive this year on this team, he should fake an injury and hold out and try to get traded or something. 

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

$40M a year for how many years? I don't think he will survive this year on this team, he should fake an injury and hold out and try to get traded or something. 

Do you not know how the NFL cap works?   They just signed him.   They couldn't trade him even if they actually wanted to.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

We aren't playing today but first thing I'm doing when I get home is putting on my DESHAUN jersey. 

Let's ride cocksuckers. No time to tank.

Tanking would only improve other team's draft picks anyway. It's time to flush the organization and send them away like the spoilers. There's plenty of states without football teams, hell, send them to San Antonio

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Nobody in their right mind would trader anything higher than 3rd pick for JJ these days. I’d still do it, but I would expect anything great in return.

You're right but yea they need to basically gut the team of anything of value for future draft picks like 2-3 years out. The hope would be you have some very young but talented guys coming in around the time you would need to resign Watson. 

Personally I think the Texans are effed for 5-10 years because of BoB no matter what they do. In the meantime they will waste what could have been a hall of fame career for Watson.

My plan of action to right the Texans:

1. Hire Eliot Wolf as GM right now

2. Name Lincoln Riley, Joe Brady and Eric Bienemy as the targets and do whatever you have to do get them.

3. Interview all 3. Joe Brady and Bienemy can be interviewed now and can jump to a head coaching position this season with the new rules the NFL adopted.

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

My plan of action to right the Texans:

1. Hire Eliot Wolf as GM right now

2. Name Lincoln Riley, Joe Brady and Eric Bienemy as the finalists.

3. Interview all 3. Joe Brady and Bienemy can be interviewed now and can jump to a head coaching position this season with the new rules the NFL adopted.

Too bad Chris Ballard isn’t available for GM.

3 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

So you let him gut the franchise with two awful moves (Tunsil and Hopkins) and then fire him.

Clowney, AJ Bouye, dumbfuck 4th down calls

Going all in on Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tom Savage, Ryan Mallett, Brock Osweiler

His own QB hates his guts

17 minutes ago, d2o said:

If you think you would fire him 4 wks into the season how in the world do you allow him to trade Hopkins??

They probably didn't realize Hopkins was gone until yesterday. 

And if the back up plan is old stale ass Romeo, you might as well let Shithead finish the season and then fire him. You haven't changed shit.

People need to let off the notion that they should have kept Hopkins. The trade was terrible because they got so little return. The trade wasn’t terrible because they got rid of him. Apparently it was known that he was going to hold out for near-QB money and the Texans had to pay big bucks to Tunsil and Watson, as well as sign several other contributing role players. It wasn’t like Hopkins was just going to show up and honor his contract in 2020.

That said, I’m glad he’s gone. The Tunsil trade looks terrible today but was probably near market value. The selection of a D2 project OT with a first rounder the week before was a bigger crime. Trading Hopkins for a second rounder, then giving that second rounder away for Brandon Cooks...oof. Maybe a real front office and coaching staff can find talent and coach them up around a QB and LT in their prime. Cal would probably never let them move JJ, but there’s no point of him being on this team in 2020 and 2021 if they aren’t competing, and he could fall off at any time. If Belichick were running the Texans, he’d have been traded for a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder already. 

Edited by Murfdogg21