2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

On 6/14/2021 at 1:09 AM, chase25 said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Stevens left, Zubia still has a year left as well and I don't see either going high enough for it to be an easy decision.

Thing is for Zubia, I believe he's already graduated with both bachelors and masters degrees.  I guess he could take random postgrad courses.  Another masters maybe.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thing is for Zubia, I believe he's already graduated with both bachelors and masters degrees.  I guess he could take random postgrad courses.  Another masters maybe.

And honestly it’s kinda time for both of us to move on. Love what the dudes done for the program, but go see what ya got in the minors and let Ivan or Powell or someone like that get a shot at first next year. I would say the same about Austin Todd but the dude deserves a fully healthy season(fingers crossed) 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, Js1 said:

Yep.

Not everyone can play at Texas or A&M or TCU or Baylor.  Only so many scholarships to go around and there's other HS recruits.

Spending all your time wondering why we didn't go after/offer recruit X or Y is just boring.  

It seems particularly difficult to evaluate who can and cannot hit top-level college pitching.  We seemed to recruit a bunch that couldn't for years, I imagine that there are quite a few that surprise, as well.

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

And honestly it’s kinda time for both of us to move on. Love what the dudes done for the program, but go see what ya got in the minors and let Ivan or Powell or someone like that get a shot at first next year. I would say the same about Austin Todd but the dude deserves a fully healthy season(fingers crossed) 

Fair point.  I wouldn't begrudge him a victory lap.  But he may feel like he's already taken one.  I don't know how much fun minor league ball is, but it does seem rather like postponing adulthood if he's into that.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fair point.  I wouldn't begrudge him a victory lap.  But he may feel like he's already taken one.  I don't know how much fun minor league ball is, but it does seem rather like postponing adulthood if he's into that.

Oh yeah if I were in his shoes, I’d stay for as long as they let me. But I’m also a super fan so you know. Word is, minor leagues ain’t that much fun, but he’d be getting paid and maybe even get a shot at the show. Maybe. And yeah like I said earlier, time for a new face over there. Pass the torch kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It seems particularly difficult to evaluate who can and cannot hit top-level college pitching.  We seemed to recruit a bunch that couldn't for years, I imagine that there are quite a few that surprise, as well.

The guys we recruited could of hit top pitching just fine if they hadn't been coached into being strike-taking head cases who regressed the longer they had more "swing thoughts" crammed down their throats.

TLDR: It wasn't the recruits.

Just my humble opinion.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Really?  I never like the promotional post-season crap merch, but I rather like those first two.  

Anyone wanting to actually read what it says would damn near have to be making out with you.

A graphic like that belongs on a t-shirt.

Edited by texifornia

Look, maybe we celebrate double plays differently where I'm from, you judgmental meanie!  

Yeah, I guess the font is small.  Damn things are probably too small for my oversized noggin' anyway.  But shit, I hadn't bought a UT hat in years but I was thinking about getting on the grey ones.  But yeah, why did they mage the logo so small on there?  Plenty of real estate on top of my cranium.  

21 hours ago, Machinator said:

E4L4ekkXwAgFoSy?format=jpg&name=large

I’m only counting 27 players in that photo. Really sucks for the other guys on the team all year long who don’t get to be in the post season. I haven’t compared the roster, but I think that is 8+ guys who get left out.  

12 minutes ago, Balcones said:

I’m only counting 27 players in that photo. Really sucks for the other guys on the team all year long who don’t get to be in the post season. I haven’t compared the roster, but I think that is 8+ guys who get left out.  

It sucks but yeah it’s been that way forever. 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:05 AM, Balcones said:

41 on the roster