2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

Baseball America weighs in with their last bracket projection of the year:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-ncaa-baseball-tournament-final-projected-field-of-64/

This one is a little saltier than the others:  

#1 Texas 

#2 UCLA

#3 LSU

#4 Norfolk State 

Somehow a "bonus" for being their #2 overall instead of #3.  One thing is for sure, with those names---we'd be primetime ESPN the whole weekend.  still set opposite with Florida as almost all projections have us so they can spread around the SEC in Supers.  But Gators are #15 overall and paired with FSU, Indiana, and Northeastern.  FWIW-Tech gets the final National Seed in this one, TCU slides down to #10.  

They should just put Arkansas and Vanderbilt in our region and we can settle things ahead of schedule. 

Is tv coverage today at 4pm only available on the B12 NOW and ESPN+ ??

Also, if available what channel # on Directv is today's game on (trying to help a grandpa who wants to watch today) ??

Thx 

Edited by LTtxfan
damn autocorrect

Is tv coverage today at 4pm only available on the B12 NOW and ESPN+ ??
Also, if available what channel # on Directv is today's game on (trying to help a grandpa who wants to watch today) ??
Thx 

Tech/BU game is ESPNU but UT and the other big12 games today are ESPN+

Yeah a little late in the season to be doing this but....kinda want DJ to start behind the plate the rest of the year. Senior who’s been to Omaha, knows what it takes and that guy brings some more juice to the lineup than Silas does. Discuss

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah a little late in the season to be doing this but....kinda want DJ to start behind the plate the rest of the year. Senior who’s been to Omaha, knows what it takes and that guy brings some more juice to the lineup than Silas does. Discuss

Yeah I don't know what the heck happened with Silas tonight. We cannot have that happening at this point.

I am not against it. I hope Silas was just feeling some nerves, though the conference tournament is not really a high pressure situation. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I don't know what the heck happened with Silas tonight. We cannot have that happening at this point.

I am not against it. I hope Silas was just feeling some nerves, though the conference tournament is not really a high pressure situation. 

That too. And Silas doesn’t seem to quite have college pitching down yet when he’s in the batters box. DJs got that gap power and punishes shitty pitches constantly throughout his career here

Guest Lobo

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

Last of the major CB outlets released its final bracket projection (obviously the real one comes out in just 4 days).

I agree with the seeding, but they have us with Stanford, Virginia, and ACU in that order.  Between our 2 and 3 seeds, they're gonna put a closer geographic team.  They're not shipping both an East Coast and West Coast team to Austin in the same regional.  They have us paired in Supers with #15 East Carolina.  I can see that if we hold a #2.  If we slide to a #3 or #4 overall though, we're getting paired with an SEC team in Supers so they can maintain balance in both brackets in Omaha with SEC teams.  

Guest Lobo

Shit, forgot all about that regional.  I remember it was hot as balls that day.  Heat index easily over 100 which is not nice in late Spring.  I think Stanford is still batting in the 5th inning sometimes.  I remember it took like a half hour to finish their at-bat.  Went back the next day to see us get shit-banged by N.C. State too.  Real impressive hosting job we did, getting swept with neither game close at all.  I think that was the last game ever at the "old" Disch-Falk Field.  Next year, it was totally overhauled, right?  

Just looked back at that schedule in '06, we were 3-6 down the stretch.  Not great, Bob.  

Edited by Lobo

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. The pitching just happened to suck during our best offensive era.

06 seriously hurt. Returning a national title staff then yeah. 07 on paper with James Russell, Kasperek, Alaniz, Joeseph Krebs, Randy Boone and Austin Wood was solid on paper. During games on the other hand...

19 minutes ago, torre said:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/20399-athletics-administrator-larry-falk-passes-away/&tab=comments#comment-3319836

For those who may not view the Football Forum,  just posted the above.    Larry was a fixture at the Disch and a great Longhorn.   Very congenial, friend to everyone,  a great Longhorn.

Oops. Sorry , thought that might have already been posted. I saw it earlier today on on Swindell's Twitter. RIP 🤘

22 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

fantastic forecast time?  I say Texas is overall #3 seed, wins super-regional, comes in 2nd in Omaha.  We have come in 2nd place many, many times.  Sets up a hungry team for winning it all next year. 

Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

fantastic forecast time?  I say Texas is overall #3 seed, wins super-regional, comes in 2nd in Omaha.  We have come in 2nd place many, many times.  Sets up a hungry team for winning it all next year. 

we beat okie lite .  twice.

22 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

What the fuck is this bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I say someone upsets Arkansas on the other side of the bracket and we win it all 

Or we could just beat those meth-toothed traditionless pussies after they piss their pants reading the letters on our shirts. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Watching inning by inning right now. Augie will watch after us this post season. We got this 

You still high? 😎

Honestly, hope he and Gus both watch over them and we put it all together. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Droopy said:

You still high? 😎

Honestly, hope he and Gus both watch over them and we put it all together. 🤘🏼

Always. Born and raised in Austin man. 

They got us. The baseball gods owe us for 09, 2010 and the last 10 years in general 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

D1Baseball's new projections still have us at 3... with Tennessee jumping us for that 2 seed. We'd be paired with Florida for a Super.

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/projected-field-of-64-may-30/

1. Texas (3) 
4. Bryant*
2. Connecticut*
3. Michigan

If that holds and we get through to the Super, pitching and defense will need to stay on point. Florida can put up runs. Either way it should be a good test of our mettle. Texas! Fight! 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

I say someone upsets Arkansas on the other side of the bracket and we win it all 

No one here should assume Texas wouldn’t beat ARky.  Not only doable, but very doable. 

Gotta get there first.  Both teams.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

We'll still get a southern team.  No way the committee sends 2 east coast and 1 midwest team to Austin with their first selection bullet point being, "We need to minimize travel as much as possible in 2021 for obvious reasons."  I also think UCLA might get sent here still.  

There was one floating around about two weeks ago---some four seed auto-qual., then LSU, then Miami, and then us.  Even the most casual college baseball fan would tune into that entire regional because of the names involved.  It would be epic, as the kids say.  

All that said, Michigan is a more solid team than at first glance.  Their rotation could give our lineup fits.  Good thing they can't hit for shit.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

Only thing I can see around the nation that keeps out of the Top #3 seed, and down to #4 is if Tennessee beats Arkansas today.  

It could easily be Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee as your Top 3 national seeds in that case.  No way Arizona or UND jumps us.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Only thing I can see around the nation that keeps out of the Top #3 seed, and down to #4 is if Tennessee beats Arkansas today.  

It could easily be Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee as your Top 3 national seeds in that case.  No way Arizona or UND jumps us.  

They are already projecting Tennessee as #2 and Vandy #4. We'll see.

Guest Lobo

Tennessee up 1-0 over Arkansas after 4.  Arkansas has made a pitching change already and will be sending 6-7-8 to the place at the Top of the 5th. 

Vols seem like they could hold onto this and usurp us in the Top 8 seeding order.  Keep us with either Gainesville, Spokane, or possibly East Carolina as the 9-16 assignment.  

The 1-2 job by Vandy at their tourney may be enough to kick them behind us.  There's really very little separating 2, 3, and 4 at this point so what happens rest of today with Vols/Pigs could be the difference maker for us.

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Agreed. But Arky this year has been one of the better teams of the past 4-5 years 

Oh, no argument.  I've watched at least 10 of their games this yr, maybe more.  They are very good.  They also have plenty of flaws, especially on their pitching staff.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Arkansas about to win easily heading to the 9th.  Should drop the Volunteer dream down a notch or two.  Vandy still kinda in the nebulas.  I would think this probably gets them out of a 1-2-3 seeding mix.  but it's the SECSECSEC.  

Not that it should matter greatly but Tennessee was 1-3 against Arkansas this season and 1-2 versus Vanderbilt.  

Vandy, obviously 2-1 over the Vols.  And 0-1 versus Arkansas. 

Texas was 2-2 versus Oklahoma State.  And 2-1 versus TCU.  The two teams squaring off today with any real impact on UT RPI.