2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

You're concerning yourself with the wrong thing. And I know that I made a big deal about it sucking to lose the B12 but when we lost on Saturday I had resigned our fate to almost assuredly finishing 2nd. We are past that. 

Basically the leading baseball poll in the country has us at #2. Right now (to plagiarize) the only thing that's left to do is win the whole fuckin' thing. 

Whoever commented about us breaking TCU during that Friday night game gets what this team is capable of - and that is ruining dreams and ambitions while we put our nuts on the plate and dare you to beat us. This team will go into the 8th inning down 4 runs and not give a fuck. 

I'm not sure we are even close to a guarantee to make the CWS - but I know for an absolute fact this team is capable of winning a national championship (good God when's the last time that was the case with any big 3 squad?).

So, why don't we go fuck around and do that?

Like I pointed out a couple weeks ago, wining the conference is awesome and all but we didn’t in 03 and 05, not conference championship, very successful Omaha runs. 06 and 07, big 12 champs, beat in our regional. 2011 and 2018, big 12 champs, 2 and q in Omaha. 2014, 4th place big 12 finish and a cunt hair away from playing for it all. Baseball is awesome like that 

When Pierce moved to coach 3B,  he commented that he felt the hitters would be more relaxed if he was not in the dugout.   Guessing because he may have made comments as they went to on deck.  (He may have been covering for Allen,  but those were his words)

Tulo now occupies that position by the steps to the on deck circle.   Let's not mess with success.    And let's hope Tulo is not offered a head coaching job. 

I don't understand why TN is ranked so high.  Yes, I get they're SEC SEC SEC, but here's their non-conference slate:

Georgia Southern

Arky Pine Bluff

Indiana St (lost 2)

Austin-Peay

Georgia St

Charlotte (lost 9-0)

UNC Greensboro

East TN State

Eastern KY

Western Carolina

TN Tech

Libscomb (lost)

Belmont 

There are 6 SEC teams (besides TN) with winning records in the SEC.  

Arky - lost 2 of 3 at home.

Vandy - lost 2 of 3 at home.

Florida 2-1 at home.

South Carolina - haven't played yet.

Ole Miss - don't play

Mississippi ST - don't play

So a bunch of nobody wins + 4-5 against teams with winning records in the SEC; all at home.

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't understand why TN is ranked so high.  Yes, I get they're SEC SEC SEC, but here's their non-conference slate:

Georgia Southern

Arky Pine Bluff

Indiana St (lost 2)

Austin-Peay

Georgia St

Charlotte (lost 9-0)

UNC Greensboro

East TN State

Eastern KY

Western Carolina

TN Tech

Libscomb (lost)

Belmont 

There are 6 SEC teams (besides TN) with winning records in the SEC.  

Arky - lost 2 of 3 at home.

Vandy - lost 2 of 3 at home.

Florida 2-1 at home.

South Carolina - haven't played yet.

Ole Miss - don't play

Mississippi ST - don't play

So a bunch of nobody wins + 4-5 against teams with winning records in the SEC; all at home.

Well Tennessee apparently thinks we’re ranked too high, so clearly something is wrong with the system and they must be catered to immediately:

Edited by Horny Bull

9 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Well Tennessee apparently thinks we’re ranked too high, so clearly something is wrong with the system and they must be catered to immediately:

Huh. Angry they did not go up in rankings after losing a series? That is a very strange fan. Especially in a sport where the rankings don't matter...

25 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

https://www.secsports.com/standings/baseball

Probably because they are currently in first place in the SEC East ahead of Vandy and Florida.    Two 1 run losses to Ark this past weekend.   All 3 games decided by 1 run.

Go easy on the Vols - my fav Frank Anderson is pitching coach.   🙂

35 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we need to hurry and add a bunch of bleachers down the left field line, use aggy size seating lines(or smaller), and recount our "capacity".

CDC has repeatedly shown this spring that he has no interest in facilitating a home field advantage for the best Big 3 team we’ve had in over a decade. Truly dumbfounding

• Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

CDC has repeatedly shown this spring that he has no interest in facilitating a home field advantage for the best Big 3 team we’ve had in over a decade. Truly dumbfounding

We will just have to do it ourselves. Let's 50% fill it for the regionals and be as obnoxious as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Watched a couple games between the two Mississippi schools not to long ago and it was full up and an electric atmosphere.  TCU Friday night crowd as well.  And yet here we are still with cutouts and sparse crowds.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We will just have to do it ourselves. Let's 50% fill it for the regionals and be as obnoxious as possible.

Yeah, it's the NCAA not CDC doing this to us.  Now, if that 50% can be all UT fans...we can still make it a tough place to play.  Most teams in that bracket haven't played in front of crowds of 3,500 (50% of DFF capacity) in their whole lives except for maybe a handful of juniors/seniors on big-named programs who played in 2019 season in front of full crowds of several thousand.  

It will be complete bullshit though if the NCAA steps in and says 50% capacity and within that, you have to allot 20% or 40% of some shit to the opposing team.  Fucking Bryant UNiversity isn't gonna take 20 tickets, let alone 1000.  

Sorry to thread shit, just frustrated. 

As for the issue of capacity, fuck the NCAA, I say just we just say our counter is messed up LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS I see playing with more than 50%. Ok, still bitter. How about this...

Lets just kick the shit out of whatever teams come to Austin for the Regional and Super Regional, then wreck shop in Omaha. 🤘🏼🤬🤘🏼

• Fuck You 2

Guest Lobo
54 minutes ago, Droopy said:

CDC is a pussy, most likely brought on by the pussification of the city of Austin. 

Yeah, he takes direction from the NCAA, Gov. Abbott, the UT System (Chancellor & Regents), and President Hartzell.  The City of Austin has nothing to do with del Conte's decisions to adhere to NCAA mandates which clearly stipulate, "We don't care what your state or muni says, when you were chosen as a regional host site---you agreed to limit yourselves to 50% of seating capacity with no exceptions."  

Must be a side-effect of Covid-19 that people are constantly looking for people to blame that have nothing to do with the restrictions placed on them.  This is the Ricky Schroder equivalent of berating some poor assistant manager at Costco.  Del Conte spends 2 hours a day dealing with fans that think venue restrictions were his idea.  

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, he takes direction from the NCAA, Gov. Abbott, the UT System (Chancellor & Regents), and President Hartzell.  The City of Austin has nothing to do with del Conte's decisions to adhere to NCAA mandates which clearly stipulate, "We don't care what your state or muni says, when you were chosen as a regional host site---you agreed to limit yourselves to 50% of seating capacity with no exceptions."  

Must be a side-effect of Covid-19 that people are constantly looking for people to blame that have nothing to do with the restrictions placed on them.  This is the Ricky Schroder equivalent of berating some poor assistant manager at Costco.  Del Conte spends 2 hours a day dealing with fans that think venue restrictions were his idea.  

I said I was sorry.

So, what happens if we let in 52%? 

Guest Lobo

Not directed at you man, surly means never having to say you're sorry.  

, just the whole 'Longhorn Nation' that keeps taking digs at CDC and Hartzell like they have anything to do with this shit.  

The NCAA has never made any sense, why start this year?  I think earlier in the season, this rule made sense.  But given vaccination rates, etc.---I think they could have revisited this on May 1st.  But nope, doubledown  

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You are a fucking idiot.

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yeah tejas buddy I love ya but that was....not the smartest comment. Has Pierce always coached 3rd? Wouldn’t mind putting Allen over there next year. Or this weekend. Either/or

Futureman'ed. Both of you. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

That doesn't explain refusing to sell advance tickets all regular season.

I’ve never really understood how some people can get bent out of shape over the  top 25 rankings in baseball. Baseball rankings mean absolute shit compared to other sports and their rankings. The top 10 teams in baseball can be interchangeable most of time, and this is especially true for the top 5. I could be underestimating the value of these rankings but that’s how I’ve always looked at them. 

5 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Well Karl.  TN is 9th in RPI; TX is 2nd.

TN played dogshit out of conference and is only 4-5 within conference against winning SEC teams.

Do the math after you figure out how to spell "losses".

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

We don’t futureman around these parts. Thank god. He would wonder why madden is the Friday starter when he threw 28 ENTIRE balls that one outing 

Then you were both ztejas'ed. I know when my bait is going to get taken and I was pretty confident on that one. I had a long post recently about baserunning issues and how you can't paint a head coach by just focusing on his biggest weakness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well Karl.  TN is 9th in RPI; TX is 2nd.

TN played dogshit out of conference and is only 4-5 within conference against winning SEC teams.

Do the math after you figure out how to spell "losses".

Plus fuck them we actually have a track record of kicking ass in the postseason so I'm fine with a little BOMC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Then you were both ztejas'ed. I know when my bait is going to get taken and I was pretty confident on that one. I had a long post recently about baserunning issues and how you can't paint a head coach by just focusing on his biggest weakness. 

I see. You’re not looking for anything logical, like money. You can’t be bought, bullied, negotiated or reasoned with. You just want to watch the baseball board burn 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I see. You’re not looking for anything logical, like money. You can’t be bought, bullied, negotiated or reasoned with. You just want to watch the baseball board burn 

I will also never not rep a Dark Knight reference so well done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

CDC is a pussy, most likely brought on by the pussification of the city of Austin. 

I  have lived in Austin my whole life and I have found the pussy levels to be consistently great. But I guess I am glad you find it improving.

Anyway this is what happens when a few games get cancelled. Looking forward to talking some baseball whenever it finally stops raining.

28 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This dumpster fire is always smoldering....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't know what the restrictions are in Austin but as far as regular season and anything else specifically related to the University is all Texas' decision. NCAA can't do a damn thing. I believe the ACC just announced that their conference tournament will be 100% capacity and if the SEC hasn't already they won't be far behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ty Madden #9 and Joshua Stewart #172. The more I look at these mock drafts this might finally be a year where the draft is very kind to Texas.

Looks like the only 2 signees that are going to be a risk are Stewart and Kash. I thought Melendez and Quintanilla might have been in the top 200 prospects. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Guest Lobo
6 hours ago, chase25 said:

I don't know what the restrictions are in Austin but as far as regular season and anything else specifically related to the University is all Texas' decision. NCAA can't do a damn thing. I believe the ACC just announced that their conference tournament will be 100% capacity and if the SEC hasn't already they won't be far behind.

So two tournaments not run by the NCAA are doing things their way?  Fascinating.  Those ACC and SEC teams will then participate in NCAA run regionals at stadiums at 50% capacity.  Same way NCAA didn’t allow beer sales at your seats or in the concourses at our regional/supers couple years ago.