2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hat tip to the Cats. Here's that final bottom half of the inning in all its glory.

The decision to send the 6th run home (the close play at the plate) was as bad as anything we've seen from Pierce. What an awful base coaching decision. Glad they pulled it out, obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hat tip to the Cats. Here's that final bottom half of the inning in all its glory.

Stoked that KSU came back and won but wtf was TCU thinking leaving douche bag pitcher in when it was 8-7? Saoaraloos/Schloss fucked that pooch up. What a boondoggle. 🤘🏼

10 hours ago, chase25 said:

Ok now this is just funny... 

If you had someone at the beginning of the season come up and tell you with a straight face Melendez and Zubia would be tied for the team lead in triples (3), what would have been your response?

It’s 2019 all over again 

I was there for all three games in Arlington to start the season.  I was thrilled to be seeing live sports in person, but man was that bleak from a baseball perspective. 

I could not be more excited about how far this team has come since then.  I WANT to see this team make it to Omaha so bad it almost hurts. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Guest Lobo

I got him pegged as the dude leaning up against the rail in the way back, against the Sec. 101 staircase.  Holding a beer in his right hand, seeing if there's any single chicks left in the stadium.

32 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I was there for all three games in Arlington to start the season.  I was thrilled to be seeing live sports in person, but man was that bleak from a baseball perspective. 

I could not be more excited about how far this team has come since then.  I WANT to see this team make it to Omaha so bad it almost hurts. 

When Texas froze over, I just counted those games as scrimmages in my head. I knew had the pitching and defense to have a good year. But we had good pitching and defense in 2012,13,15, and 2016 and look at where that got us. But yeah I was expecting a repeat of 2013. Bunch of 2 and 3-1 losses. Couldn’t be prouder of these guys. Texas baseball is back and we’re not goin anywhere 

On 5/20/2021 at 7:21 PM, UTexasFight said:

I was at that game... it was fun at the time...

and then the rest of the season happened 

The season already sucked before that game, but it was a glorious afternoon in Lincoln. One of my favorite road trips I’ve ever been on. 

Guest Lobo

Damn, quite a tumble by TCU.  14 to 21 in Baseball America.  Smaller fall in D1, 12 to 15.  

looks like about a dozen automatic qualifiers/early conf. tourney bids are already in.  

Kansas St.'s Chris Ceballos gets injured celebrating the walk-off homer that beat TCU and helped TEXAS share the Big XII 2021 baseball championship.

This after he hits a walk-off three run homer in the bottom of the ninth with two out to cap an eight run deficit for the come from behind victory at home on Senior Day the last day of the season.  If he can't play in the Big XII tournament it will be a really disappointing end to the story.  It reminds me of the Michigan St. kid who broke his hip celebrating after game-winning touchdown. 

29 minutes ago, Speedway said:

Kansas St.'s Chris Ceballos gets injured celebrating the walk-off homer that beat TCU and helped TEXAS share the Big XII 2021 baseball championship.

This after he hits a walk-off three run homer in the bottom of the ninth with two out to cap an eight run deficit for the come from behind victory at home on Senior Day the last day of the season.  If he can't play in the Big XII tournament it will be a really disappointing end to the story.  It reminds me of the Michigan St. kid who broke his hip celebrating after game-winning touchdown. 

As pointed out in another thread, this is the guy that bowed up on Mike Antico after colliding at the plate early in game one of our series with them, setting off a scuffle that got the left side of our infield ejected.  We then had to play the rest of that game, and all of game two with substitutes at second, third, and short...which didn't end up mattering, because the subs played great, and we still swept the kats.  So, yeah, thanks for the homer, dude, but fuck you.  Congrats on your dogpile moment.

Edited by 83Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

How, exactly, are we “co-champions” when we have the same record and won the head to head. That is fucking retarded.

Because that's how round robins work. Always have, always will. The champion is the team with the best record at the end of the round robin. If two teams are tied then they're co-champions. Head-to-head tiebreakers were invented for postseason considerations, which is exactly why we're the #1 seed in the conference tournament.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because that's how round robins work. Always have, always will. The champion is the team with the best record at the end of the round robin. If two teams are tied then they're co-champions. Head-to-head tiebreakers were invented for postseason considerations, which is exactly why we're the #1 seed in the conference tournament.

Which is why "One True Champion" is a stupid byline for the Big 12.  We have co-champs all the time.

• Rage+1 1