2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That was from before the game.

I'm aware.

I meant a follow up after the game.  I was thinking more post-game radio interview type thingy.  He knew what needed to be done and no attempt was made.  Can you explain this coach?  Why did you not take your own advice?

Edited by Cajun

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And this is where a nice little follow up would be appropriate - "And coach, what exactly did you try to do to slow that down?  I'll hang up and listen."

I'll give you that.. letting a pitcher get into a rhythm isn't a good thing. I would be frustrated too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We let Bednar set up shop, pull out a recliner, put a little bamboo umbrella in his drink, and mow us down like he was channel surfing on his 8K giant flat screen.  And we were like dogs just sitting at the edge of his living room carpet while he snacked, hoping he'd make a mistake and drop something on the floor to grab and run away.

He didn't and we did nothing to change it.

Dude could of gotten a peiducure inbetween pitches and we'd of still been sitting there waiting for a nacho crumb.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, ballrific said:

someone asked earlier but I think most the teams are at the marriott or the majority are.  After we win tonight, trying to decide between there or the courtyard nearby.

Every team is at a different hotel.  You can tell which team is where because the hotel will have the team logo posted on their main door.  UT is at the Marriot.  I saw the hotels for most of the other teams when I was walking around.  I think UVa is at the Hilton next to the Marriot.  One of the teams was staying at the hotel accross the street from Lula B's, but I can't remember which one.

2 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So….is this year already a success?  Would you have been happy to win 2 games in Omaha if that was offered at start of year?

After 2019? Hell yes.

But now that we have actually won the two games things change. We have equaled the 2003 and 1992 teams now. That's nice and all but it is not like you get too many chances like this, got to capitalize.

Those things are a blast.  I just hope we don't play LSU on Sunday because I don't think I've ever made the Sunday game, always have to head back home.  Perfect iteration would be game 3 w/ UCLA on Friday night primetime (8 local, 6p in Cali.).  Game 2 of Saturday with LSU that afternoon with plenty of time to tailgate beforehand.  And then Tennessee on Sunday so no guilt in heading home early.  

On 6/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, Horny Bull said:

Kennedy is the only one I would expect back out of that group. 

Is there any data to support your post or is it just an opinion? I’m not asking that critically or with an agenda, I’d just like to better understand how folks are thinking about things. In the last few top 500s I’ve seen, the only guys that have been listed are Madden (obviously early), Hansen (mid-late part of the list), and Kennedy (back part of one list). Stevens is never listed or mentioned even flippantly in the stuff that flies by my newsfeed. 

Now, going in the middle rounds of a 40 round draft could still be enough to spur plenty of guys, I recognize. Hence me wanting to read how others are thinking (or knowing, if they’re around players or the program). Or if there are lists being published with these guys on it also. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Is there any data to support your post or is it just an opinion? I’m not asking that critically or with an agenda, I’d just like to better understand how folks are thinking about things. In the last few top 500s I’ve seen, the only guys that have been listed are Madden (obviously early), Hansen (mid-late part of the list), and Kennedy (back part of one list). Stevens is never listed or mentioned even flippantly in the stuff that flies by my newsfeed. 

Now, going in the middle rounds of a 40 round draft could still be enough to spur plenty of guys, I recognize. Hence me wanting to read how others are thinking (or knowing, if they’re around players or the program). Or if there are lists being published with these guys on it also. 

Believe Pete will be 1 month too young to be draft eligible this year so no worries there

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Just my opinion. I’ll admit that I am pretty cynical when it comes to returning players. Too many times I have penciled in players for the following season and then they’ve turned around and bolted as soon as their name was called. In the era of the transfer portal, you really just need one good season to get noticed, and I just don’t see what most of the players on that list have to gain by returning. But I would love to be wrong. 

Really good season and fun ride to Omaha.  It seems to me that the pitching and defense are back to championship level but the bats aren't quite there yet.  But obviously with a few breaks we would still be playing and easily could have won it all.

26 runs-17 runs in 5 games.  Pretty good considering the offenses we faced.  

Really proud of our guys.  Just needed a couple things here and there to go our way.  

rough night.  God bless them on their journey home.  We're gonna wreck shit next year.

Hell of a season, hell of a team. I think we all knew the 2018 team overachieved and would be overmatched in Omaha. This team wasn’t at all. They had what it took to win it all if a few key moments went differently.

Pierce absolutely messed up in some key moments, but he’s also the same guy that put this team together and got that undeserving 2018 team to Omaha. I hope he learns his lesson from this CWS, because he has a lot of the other stuff covered. 

I’ll miss this team. These guys were a ton of fun and that undefeated streak in the middle of the season and Melendez’s homer streak were rare.

Here’s to a lot of these guys coming back and freshman and transfers filling in the gaps on our way to a title next year.  

• Hook 'Em 9