Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well, take this chyron from Fox News yesterday, for example.  Apparently major cities are being rocked by violence.  I just can't find much about it in the, you know, news.  Ignore the black guy.  So most people think there are huge violent protests and anarchy all over the place.

spacer.png

Major U.S. cities rocked by violence but no video exists!

11 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

None that I’m aware of nor that I would support.   I’ve had two horrific experiences with law enforcement one by confusion & one that was pure assault without reason.  

If you haven’t committed a crime it’s a brutal pill to swallow.  

So then what questions do you still need answered? Because as I said, this is pretty simple. Either you support the rights of Americans to protest or you don’t.

22 minutes ago, Yuk said:

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Major U.S. cities rocked by violence but no video exists!

Oh, video exists.  The video up top here shows it.  Clearly, that no good violent thug deserved to be shot in the head because he was openly attacking federal officers and starting fires in federal buildings holding up a boombox like Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything....

9c2708db-d910-45d7-8968-5f09de8a0362-MSD

How Lloyd made it through the movie without the forces of LAW AND ORDER rightfully shooting him in the face, well, it's a miracle.

By the way, that attack is attempted murder and a cop should be in custody right now.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Please point out these responses that indicate people agreed with you that Portland is in the throes of anarchy.

We'll even ignore from now the obviously disingenuous position you're trying to argue from made clear by juvenile phrases such as "home team." We'll go ahead and pretend for the purposes of this exchange that you're arguing in good faith.

So please, point out the multiple responses that made it clear everyone agrees it's anarchy in Portland right now.

There are three direct & three indirect responses , get control of your emotions & read the last 2 pages again.

• Fuck You 5

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So then what questions do you still need answered? Because as I said, this is pretty simple. Either you support the rights of Americans to protest or you don’t.

Haven’t received one yet, emotional outbursts & one poster asking thought provoking questions only.

I support the right to protest, but I don’t see that as the case here.  Damages were assessed at $4M before the Feds rolled in town.   An hour plus later I’m still waiting to hear a compelling reason to form a new opinion.

• Fuck You 4

10 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

There are three direct & three indirect responses , get control of your emotions & read the last 2 pages again.

Your projection and hypocrisy are slightly humorous but in the end, unproductive. 

Quote the posts that indicate everyone agreed that Portland is anarchy. Waving your hands and trying to distract doesn't work. It's also a terrible look that you came into the thread declaring "I'm not going to read everything" and now your weak defense is "go read it yourself."

Well, maybe more pathetic than terrible.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Veerbone said:

Haven’t received one yet, emotional outbursts & one poster asking thought provoking questions only.

I support the right to protest, but I don’t see that as the case here.  Damages were assessed at $4M before the Feds rolled in town.   An hour plus later I’m still waiting to hear a compelling reason to form a new opinion.

What is the dollar amount where first and fourth amendments stop being in effect?

• Like 5

Cool.

Please state how much in damages were caused by this guy:

200720004800-portland-protester-beaten-v

And by these women:

maxresdefault.jpg

Because both of them were beaten and gassed.

So, correlate the justification for violence by government forces to the victims of the violence by government forces.  That's how this works.  That's how justified use of force works.  That's how the Constitution works.  So, you are justifying this with "there was damage done" -- now correlate your justification to the people who were beaten.

Justify it with respect to a guy holding a fucking boombox getting shot in the face and almost killed.  Come on.  Individual people have rights.  Actions against an individual must be justified as a matter of law.  So do it.

Oh, I almost forgot -- they repeatedly shot pepper bombs at a woman armed only with [checks notes] tits and a vagina who was [checks notes] doing yoga poses.  Please justify that as well.  You may want to wet your whistle.  Those boots aren't going to lick themselves.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

You don’t see this as protesting?
So that damage makes it ok for federal agents to randomly arrest people? 
What you’re saying is that you don’t support Americans rights to protest. You can dress it up however you’d like but you are excusing blatant fascism because there property damage

Isn't this kind of the same thing as the guy asking about the fires that had been set? 

Convince me it's not anarchy after I claim that you convinced me it was anarchy. No, I don't need to prove anything, but you're getting emotional while I remain calm. Home team getting trounced by me on this one.

Some kind of weird Mobius strip form of "argument."

Edited by RomaVicta
coherence

The best part of the current moron's performance is the implication that it's unreasonable to be emotional about people's rights being violated by armed government agents. Don't get me wrong, people aren't being emotional toward him, but he's attempting to frame the argument so that emotion about women being abused and tear-gassed by government agents is somehow weak.

He reeks of emotional insecurity and projection. Not a good cologne.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well, take this chyron from Fox News yesterday, for example.  Apparently major cities are being rocked by violence.  I just can't find much about it in the, you know, news.  Ignore the black guy.  So most people think there are huge violent protests and anarchy all over the place.

spacer.png

Anyone familiar with the lifespan of protests in Portland knows it probably doesn't count as a protest until it's been 60 consecutive days.  The Occupy Wall Street protests that started around the country in 2011 died down in Portland after a couple months, but there was an operational OWS protest camp downtown for what had to be 6-9 months.  at least.  There's obvious losses and costs incurred with this, as was the case across the country, but state and local officials best know its constituents and how to de-escalate it even if it takes a longer period of time than pretty much anywhere in the US.  Everything was dying down and street level windows were getting un-boarded before Trump's goon squad arrived. 

Portland proper is very tolerant and that generalizes to the local population.  Portland is too tolerant of the homeless situation for my liking (which is way more organized than most people would ever imagine).  It has a quantifiable negative economic impact on businesses located near it.  People are wary and complain but it doesn't result in mass escalation.  Point being I haven't perceived any widespread panic or fear from the local population with this current protest.  The situation blows, but it's not unfamiliar and hardly out of hand by Portland standards.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your projection is slightly humorous but in the end, unproductive. 

Quote the posts that indicate everyone agreed that Portland is anarchy. Waving your hands and trying to distract doesn't work. 

You need a nap, no one said “everyone”.   

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Veerbone said:

Quote the posts. Everyone knows the reason you're not doing it is because you can't. The only thing your futile attempts at distraction are doing is making you look like even more of a fool.

Quote the posts.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You don’t see this as protesting?
So that damage makes it ok for federal agents to randomly arrest people? 
What you’re saying is that you don’t support Americans rights to protest. You can dress it up however you’d like but you are excusing blatant fascism because there property damage

@Veerbone

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ, there was no call for that at all. this is exactly what we are talking about for those who are wondering why peaceful protesters are under attack from police.

It's attempted murder.  But @Veerbone is okay with it, because there was some property damage that occurred beforehand....somewhere else....caused by someone.  All of which voids the Constitution and all laws.  Duh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Quote the posts. Everyone knows the reason you're not doing it is because you can't. The only thing your futile attempts at distraction are doing is making you look like even more of a fool.

Quote the posts.

We’ll get there but right now you should focus on gathering composure & rational thought.

• Fuck You 18

2 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

We’ll get there but right now you should focus on gathering composure & rational thought.

Quote the posts, and explain how they show agreement that Portland is anarchy.

Also, you understand that even if I were actually emotional that doesn't help your argument, right? I mean I could be over here blubbering like a 3-year-old and it doesn't change the facts. You get that, don't you? Every time you accuse me or others of being emotional, everyone else who reads it just thinks "he's being an idiot again" or something similar. They don't think that it scores a point for you. Just so we're clear.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's attempted murder.  But @Veerbone is okay with it, because there was some property damage that occurred beforehand....somewhere else....caused by someone.  All of which voids the Constitution and all laws.  Duh.

I see you’ve joined your partner with the emotional outburst issues.

Scroll up for my thoughts on unlawful abuse by authorities.   

• Fuck You 7

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The best part of the current moron's performance is the implication that it's unreasonable to be emotional about people's rights being violated by armed government agents. Don't get me wrong, people aren't being emotional toward him, but he's attempting to frame the argument so that emotion about women being abused and tear-gassed by government agents is somehow weak.

He reeks of emotional insecurity and projection. Not a good cologne.

The Big Logic Brains are always the enormously insecure pussies who run on nothing but emotion and end up snapping and shooting people because feminazis or whatever. The only people they ever fool are themselves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veerbone said:

Kudos, the only reply that directly points to the question I respectfully asked.

No I don’t think it’s appropriate for a party to execute arrest without identification.  Legally?  I’m not certain but unfortunately I think they have that right at a federal level.

Justified?  Honestly I don’t have an opinion formed as I haven’t heard qualified positions on it from each side.

To each their own, but I thought it was insanity & stupidity prior to the Feds rolling in.   Destruction & violence is for meat heads, never really associated the liberals side with meat heads but here we are.

Of course not, reread slowly as stated I needed more feedback to assess the “cause”.   You know... logic over emotions.

Hopefully the other side won’t be an emotional bitch & will educate me sensibly. 

None that I’m aware of nor that I would support.   I’ve had two horrific experiences with law enforcement one by confusion & one that was pure assault without reason.  

44 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

36 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

23 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

5 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

I see you’ve joined your partner with the emotional outburst issues.

Scroll up for my thoughts on unlawful abuse by authorities.   

I bolded everything relevant to your last bolded statement.  Pretty solid statements, such wow -- generalities, followed by a disavowal of those rules in this case, because while you support the right to protest, you "don't see that as the case here."

Even though a naked woman (not rioting), a guy in a navy sweatshirt (not rioting), a line of unarmed moms (not rioting) all were attacked because the feds agree with you -- they've decided that peaceful protests are not peaceful protests, they just "aren't the case here."

Keep licking those boots.  You say you don't support unlawful abuse by authorities....then all you do is support and excuse it.  And if you don't....then what IS your point?  You want someone to agree that a rioter who threw a rock at the head of a cop was violating the law and should face legal repercussions?  Someone who torches a building, same thing?  You realize that nobody here will disagree with that.

The issue isn't the cops arresting an arsonist.  The issue is irregular paramilitary forces conducting indiscriminate arrests in unmarked vehicles with little to no identification that they are legitimate law enforcement, and those same forces taking repeated and MASSIVELY escalating violence against peaceful protesters (meaning, no justification for doing so).  If you join in our condemnation of those actions, do so.  If you expect us to excuse illegal acts by any individual protester, prepare to be mostly disappointed.

However, I'll suggest that they would be justified in shooting back at some of these paramilitary irregulars who are operating well outside the law and threatening people with death or serious bodily injury.  They won't, and that's good.  But they would be justified in doing so.

• Like 4

Is this Chrispy troll in a new handle? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But also, answer my questions, chucklefuck.  Unless, of course, you are the gutless coward that you have shown yourself to be.

well, i wouldn't hold your breath, i just gave him a timeout for trolling.

Edited by hayden_horn

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Then when everyone starts to neg him he gets a little hostile and eggs it on.

Then on to the next handle someday. 

Oh I wouldn't say it was everyone. He wanted me to be emotional so I left the crying reaction on some of his posts. 

Is there a fund somewhere for getting body armor, helmets, protection, etc. for protestors? They definitely need it and that's something I'd like to put substantial money towards.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I honestly can't get over people like @veerbone and the rest of the DT brigade. They spent 8 years crying. Eight years wailing and blubbering like hysterical children that Obama was going to fucking grind them into the ground. They screamed at us that he was going to take their guns and take their religion. He was going to build the federal government into an unstoppable machine.

A few years later, videos are posted showing armed Federal soldiers attacking innocent civilians. 

Those same posters now smirk and smile when seeing those videos. 

The current administration tells them "wait, there's more! We're also sending Federal troops into many other cities to do the same thing."

And they cheer.

Because it was never about any of that.

It was about one thing.  And one thing only.  Obama had the unmitigated gall to be black.

• Like 5