Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Yeah, I was. I have to go to work at 5:30 am and I'm not going to stay all night. I was there with the gf for a hour just now.

That's cool.  So as a conservative, what are your thoughts?  Obviously you felt safe enough to be there and bring your girlfriend there, so that means a lot of the fears being broadcast on Fox are bullshit.

Also, we have rules here.  Someone is missing from your pic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

My brain is so toxic and warped and patriarchal white-privilege-history-learned and horrible that I can only see the thread title as Gestapo in Poland. Seriously, it trips me up every time I leave and come back and glance at it. Something about an invasion ~80 years ago I guess.

Unless you are 100 years old yourself, I find that doubtful.  But I am glad to see you are finding comparisons between that gestapo and this one.  We can still stop this in the early stages.

Personally, I still see Gestapo in Bastropo.  As dumb as that shit was at the time, the sign was legendary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yuk said:

Must be a Never Trumper...

it's not a lot these days, but these kinds of exchanges bring me unexpected hope. Not saying mission accomplished by the length a dead Americans at the hand of this president, but it's a modicum of encouragement in a place i wasn't expecting to find it 

17 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That's cool.  So as a conservative, what are your thoughts?  Obviously you felt safe enough to be there and bring your girlfriend there, so that means a lot of the fears being broadcast on Fox are bullshit.

Also, we have rules here.  Someone is missing from your pic.

No photos of her, ha. 

So it's pretty much a festival during the day, but there were ladies handing out ear plugs for later that night. The 7th picture if the black man in the orange beanie on top of the black one was protesting the protest, and the big white man in the orange shirt was flipping him off, and telling him to get the hell out. Most of the people were listening the Mr. Orange Beanie, till the crowd stated chanting "No justice. No peace." Then little squeaky pigs were handed out. About that time we decided to leave when an even bigger group came in dressed in yellow started to come across one of the bridges.

Edited by workswithseed
Edit my statement to make it clearer.

it's not a lot these days, but these kinds of exchanges bring me unexpected hope. Not saying mission accomplished by the length a dead Americans at the hand of this president, but it's a modicum of encouragement in a place i wasn't expecting to find it 

Question is if he doesn’t give consent will he just lay back and enjoy it?

Federal unnamed agents just beat up a group of middle aged women in bike helmets?  

How the fuck is this not in the news more?  

I'm sure the President doesn't know anything about this and will be making some changes to the DHS, right?  

[mention=869]HRSchenker[/mention]
If a protester among the many protesters present breaks the law, then a properly authorized and identified official has the authority to arrest the individual. I don’t take issue with that. 
I will add that you may find it helpful to vet your sources, however. 
The first person, (Farley), while having the tag ‘media’ in his account is a journalist similar to Andy Ngo in that he has aligned himself (perhaps further than Ngo even) with far right groups, including those labeled as hate groups. His arrest (assault IIRC) at an Antifa counterprotest against a KKK rally in Portland was among a series of provocative actions that included harassing and doxxing a 10 year old child, threatening a Portland resident by suggesting a callout to Atomwaffen for retribution, and being aligned with Patriot Prayer (a far right group) at events designed to escalate aggression and harass peaceful protesters in Portland. IOW, he has a history. 
The other sources may or may not be similar, I didn’t scope them, it was more to say that there are biases and agendas out there of which we should all be aware. 

The use of that source was intentional
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I genuinely think that dude doesn't know what "proactive" means. These people are a bottomless well of stupidity.

Agreed, I think he was trying to say they were doing the local cops jobs by proxy or something to that effect.  They are still violating the 4th, but they are admittedly doing so on suspected criminal acts, not before acts happen.  

Why do right-wingers care more about property than human lives and injuries to people?

Why cant they see the restraint shown by the protestors is admirable? Why cannot they see that the protesters are held to a higher standard than the police and the gestapo?

It’s the nature of the conservative mind, the same mind that lives in fear of a white-minority U.S.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I only sort of wish the two new bootlickers didn’t get banned today because I need to see them defend this shit.

Trump and Wolf painted these guys into a corner.  If they don't push around white moms the way they pushed around young brown kids, its way too obvious who they are really there to push around.  So now they have to go all "who took my last muscle milk?"roid bro and tear gas and shove around little old ladies. 

Its comical how short sighted Trump and his staff are.  People are mad about cops killing people, lets send more cops out there to act like even bigger assholes, that should shut everyone up.  This has to be some Navarro shit, right?  

Yeah, so did I.  Turns out he's like the Doogie Howser of Portland protesting.  Pos rep to him though for getting up there and getting in the mix.  Though flip-flops are not what you wear to a riot.  That's a young man's mistake.  

I thought I read a post from him early on where he admitted he was a young dumb-ass, hence why a lot of his posts had very stupid takes. Thankfully that clay hasn't hardened yet, he can still do a little reshaping before he becomes an old dumb-ass like the rest of us.  

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

@HRSchenker

I didn't see the attempt to burn down a building with people inside. Can you show me where I am supposed to have found that in your videos.

Unless the tweets were taken down by Twitter, it clearly shows fires being started at the entrance where police are looking out towards the crowd. 

32 minutes ago, Woland said:

It’s the nature of the conservative mind, the same mind that lives in fear of a white-minority U.S.

The same mind that lives in fear of a white-minority U.S. is no different IMO than the mind of oppressors everywhere. The fear that one day the oppressed will rise up and undo what has been done to the oppressed in order to do unto others. Rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

Nah, people can learn and grow all through life. It's a lot harder the older you get, but I watched my late father (HS diploma, no higher ed.) grab a legal dictionary to learn the fancy lawyer words when he needed to follow what his attorney was saying and be able to ask questions and hold him accountable for the services that were costing my father a lot of money. (He wasn't an ass about it) Motivation is powerful, and when applied constructively can lead to great lifelong accomplishments and perspectives.

The same mind that lives in fear of a white-minority U.S. is no different IMO than the mind of oppressors everywhere. The fear that one day the oppressed will rise up and undo what has been done to the oppressed in order to do unto others. Rinse, repeat.

Political power always passes on to something new; Oppressors attempt to delay that transition. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it.

50 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Unless the tweets were taken down by Twitter, it clearly shows fires being started at the entrance where police are looking out towards the crowd. 

Oh I saw the guy with the flame smaller than a baseball set on the sidewalk next to a wooden barrier which itself was leaning up against a stone/masonry wall. I just don't consider that an attempt to burn down a building with people inside, because I'm not purposefully seeking to be hysterical for political advantage.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

54 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I clicked through what you posted and I saw one small fire being set, which appeared to be put out quickly. And a bunch of people putting down graffiti and getting beaten by federal stormtroopers. Are there individual acts of violence? Clearly so. But that is not an excuse or a license for the feds to brutalize everyone just for being nearby to someone else committing a crime. Nevermind that DHS has been abducting people to question them without probable cause or charges just to interrogate them about the guy they happened to be next to.

This is a whole thread recapping the DHS presser yesterday in which they outlined what an illegal arrest is, and then denied that the exact same series of facts executed by their officers was illegal

I encourage you to read some of that as well to temper your seeming enthusiasm for bringing the hammer down on everyone present who's clearly guilty by association.

• Like 1

That seems like a “they hate us for our freedoms” response. Though I do believe there is some element to that. The hierarchy of property over suffering/life seems to be a contradiction to a certain popular dietey’s ethos.

I suspect that it is a resistance to change and a constant looking backwards to history as a guide for the “good old days” which really means they simply worship a false view of the past based on their inherent ignorance. But that too doesn’t resolve the hierarchy of property over suffering/life.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That seems like a “they hate us for our freedoms” response. Though I do believe there is some element to that. The hierarchy of property over suffering/life seems to be a contradiction to a certain popular dietey’s ethos.

I suspect that it is a resistance to change and a constant looking backwards to history as a guide for the “good old days” which really means they simply worship a false view of the past based on their inherent ignorance. But that too doesn’t resolve the hierarchy of property over suffering/life.

This is from June 25 of this year. Freedom Caucus News Conference (CSpan link below to transcript and video) During the various speakers, the protests and statue removals was touched upon.

Andy Biggs (R) Arizona:  "The attempt is to sanitize the symbols of our history which are being destroyed by those who do not understand or know our history."

I won't quibble that plenty of people do not understand or know history, but the 'sanitizing' comment was a bit ironic.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?473415-1/freedom-caucus-news-conference

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Forgot link

56 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Only his viewpoints are 60+ years old.

old man dance GIF

23 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Oh I saw the guy with the flame smaller than a baseball set on the sidewalk next to a wooden barrier which itself was leaning up against a stone/masonry wall. I just don't consider that an attempt to burn down a building with people inside, because I'm not purposefully seeking to be hysterical for political advantage.

Yeah, that building is all stone on the outside from what I saw. You'd have to go inside to burn it down. It's definitely no good to try, but it'd be next to impossible from the outside.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

But that is not an excuse or a license for the feds to brutalize everyone just for being nearby to someone else committing a crime. Nevermind that DHS has been abducting people to question them without probable cause or charges just to interrogate them about the guy they happened to be next to.

That’s what they (those who support this hideousness) don’t get. They’re completely incapable of completing the most basic of syllogisms. Poor chaps, they never could do that. 

19 minutes ago, Nivek said:

But that too doesn’t resolve the hierarchy of property over suffering/life.

When I use the term conservative, I'm thinking conservative thinker, not Conservative as in George Will. Part of conservative thinking is placing the health of the hive over the health of individual bees. And there is nothing wrong with that, just as there is nothing wrong with liberal thought that prioritizes the opposite. The problem we have in this country is the breakdown of communication between the two sides, which is a tragedy because a healthy and prospering society needs to find a balance between both.

• Like 1

I’m sure it’s been said before, but eventually someone (likely a person there with the intention of causing this result) is going to fire shots near the stormtroopers, and there’s going to be a Kent State situation. As the feds continue to escalate, it seems inevitable at this point

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

That’s what they (those who support this hideousness) don’t get. They’re completely incapable of completing the most basic of syllogisms. Poor chaps, they never could do that. 

I'm not sure I buy this with the exception of the most feeble. I think they know and are lying to themselves. Otherwise, how could they not parse down to the very specific word and action when other instances have occurred that don't paint the perpetrators in a positive light? The elderly protestor, for example. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Federal unnamed agents just beat up a group of middle aged women in bike helmets?  

How the fuck is this not in the news more?  

I'm sure the President doesn't know anything about this and will be making some changes to the DHS, right?  

It should be constant coverage. It's active. It's important. It's a crisis for the republic. You are so right to ask that question. I'm mystified myself. 

I would usually guess that CNN is on autopilot with Covid reporting and the presidential election. Easy peasy. Why get off your dead ass and pursue anything else? Lazy ass motherfuckers.

Wolf's hair does make a lovely silver crown. Remember when he was in the field to cover one of our wars in the MidEast? How can he look at himself in the mirror and call himself a reporter/journalist/correspondent. He's a talk show host with an ill-suited voice.

Maybe Anderson Cooper will fly to Portland. Somebody needs to.

• Like 1

Yeah, CNN spends half its broadcast day pointing out lies/inaccuracies from the Trump administration.  Nobody fucking gives a shit anymore.  his base doesn't fucking care, and they sure as shit don't watch CNN.  It has been a modicum of fresh air to see some on Fox News calling out a little bit of the administration's bullshit.  But CNN and the networks just fucking berate us over and over again with the same minutiae of Trump's. 

It's not swaying voters one way or the other.  Biden gets 5-10% of the 80 million American adults who didn't vote for either major party candidate (7mm broke for Johnson, Stein, Mullin), particularly in the Rust Belt and this thing is a landslide.  

Just call these unnamed/unmarked DHS guys "Trump's Troops" and show them beating up middle-aged mothers armed with bike helmets and breast cancer 5k t-shirts, or show them wailing on an Annapolis graduate, etc.  That'll get all Johnson, Stein, and Mullin voters into Biden's camp.  But nope, this evening will be Cuomo and Lemon making faces of astonishment at one Trump clip after another.  

Democrats should using Portland to take dead aim on Johnson/Mullin voters (I'll assume all Green Party will break for Biden).  And then go convince 5% of those remaining 73mm in a handful of states to get out and vote this time.  That's it, that's all they need to do.  But nope, keep trying to convince Trumpers their leader is a liar and bitch about how the party platform isn't economically progressive enough for your tastes.  See where the fuck that gets us.  Four more years of this asshole, that's where.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, CNN spends half its broadcast day pointing out lies/inaccuracies from the Trump administration.  Nobody fucking gives a shit anymore.  his base doesn't fucking care, and they sure as shit don't watch CNN.  It has been a modicum of fresh air to see some on Fox News calling out a little bit of the administration's bullshit.  But CNN and the networks just fucking berate us over and over again with the same minutiae of Trump's. 

It's not swaying voters one way or the other.  Biden gets 5-10% of the 80 million American adults who didn't vote for either major party candidate (7mm broke for Johnson, Stein, Mullin), particularly in the Rust Belt and this thing is a landslide.  

Just call these unnamed/unmarked DHS guys "Trump's Troops" and show them beating up middle-aged mothers armed with bike helmets and breast cancer fundraiser t-shirts, or show them wailing on an Annapolis graduate, etc.  That'll get all Johnson, Stein, and Mullin voters into Biden's camp.  But nope, this evening will be Cuomo and Lemon making faces of astonishment at one Trump clip after another.  

Democrats should using Portland to take dead aim on Johnson/Mullin voters (I'll assume all Green Party will break for Biden).  And then go convince 5% of those remaining 73mm in a handful of states to get out and vote this time.  That's it, that's all they need to do.  But nope, keep trying to convince Trumpers their leaders is a liar and bitch about how the party platform isn't economically progressive enough for your tastes.  See where the fuck that gets us.  Four more years of this asshole, that's where.  

Agree. National news (and most news) just covers the same stories over and over and over and brings on talking heads to talk about what other talking heads said about some issue.

It's infuriating how actual real serious stories like this one get so little coverage, and when they do it's usually fairly inaccurate and late

Yeah, the "Trump is a constant liar" ship has sailed.  All passengers who will or won't be aboard that ship have long since decided.

The "Trump is a violent fascist commanding anti-American paramilitary troops on US soil and brutalizing American citizens" ship.....It's a big one, and there's lots of room to add passengers.  That should be the theme.  Not just cops beating Americans, but Trump troops, militarized thugs, beating dissenters who dare speak out against the regime.  These are scenes from a third-world dictatorship, and Trump makes them happen right here, on American soil.

Over, and over, and over.  That's what should be played. Yes, Trump's base will get a beating-boner over it -- who gives a fuck?  The rest of America will see it for the hideously anti-American bullshit that it is.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Agree. National news (and most news) just covers the same stories over and over and over and brings on talking heads to talk about what other talking heads said about some issue.

It's infuriating how actual real serious stories like this one get so little coverage, and when they do it's usually fairly inaccurate and late

I hate when the football shows do that too. I either like a true interview (Mike Wallace style) or an in-depth informative or investigative piece. Exception is when someone (such as Fauci, et al) is explaining a matter of urgency/public importance.