2018 Body Transformation Thread

25 minutes ago, Elvis Presto said:

what is your dosage?  If your doc put you on T and doesnt look at your estradiol or give you an aromatase inhibitor then he doesn't really know much about T.  Plus, if you have bitch tits then you have a high estradiol. 

.5 ml every week.  When I first started the injections he tested my estradiol and T every month.  Bitch Tits are gone!  

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHorn said:

.5 ml every week.  When I first started the injections he tested my estradiol and T every month.  Bitch Tits are gone!  

Thats kind of a low dose but typical for most docs.  Tell your doc to bump you up to 1ML/week and give you a script for arimidex 1mg/week.  You'll be getting swole at that dose.  

Going from memory.

Nuke 1 TBS of butter in a mug.

Add 2 packs of sweetener (stevia, Splenda, etc)

Add 1/8 tsp baking powder

Add pinch of salt.

I also add a pinch of cinnamon.

Add 2TBS unsweetened cocoa

Add 2 TBS heavy cream

Add 1 egg

Mix thoroughly and nuke for approx 1 Minute. YMMV depending on microwave. If it’s too thin for your liking, put it back in for another 10-15 seconds.

That’s it. I also sometimes add a splash of vanilla and a few chopped pecans.

• Like 1

Got on the scale this AM. Was a bit disappointed that it was up a pound from Saturday AM. Of course I did chow down on Saturday night. Bacon and pumpkin seeds for breakfast. Catered Pappasito’s at a party: beef and chicken fajitas (no tortilla); grilled shrimp; and guacamole. Fair amount of beer and wine too. Only food since Saturday has been a couple handfuls of pumkin seeds last night before bed. I’m guessing I’ve burned some fat since Saturday. Filled my digestive tract too though, which shows on the scale. Now 80 pounds lost. Started at 324. Now 244. I’m 6’5”. I’m committed to losing 100. I’d like to continue this current fast until I’m down 85. No important events looming on the calendar right now. I’ll be boozing again at a friend’s crawfish boil on Cinco de Mayo.

When I walked on UT campus freshman year in 1987 I was 210 at my same height, so I know that’s possible. I don’t think I’ve been that weight since. That’s my ultimate goal, which will require 114 pounds lost. 

Bernard

Edited by Bernard

Traveled this week for work, had to eat lasagna for lunch two times. I went into it knowing my food access would be limited and just decided not to worry about it and be aware of my portions.

Weighed myself this week and am down 4 pounds.  This is the second time when I've introduced carbs into my diet I've dropped a significant chunk of weight. I am crediting it to mostly a water weight flush and the fact that I didn't drink any booze.

211 today. Onederland isn't too far away!

• Like 1

Traveled this week for work, had to eat lasagna for lunch two times. I went into it knowing my food access would be limited and just decided not to worry about it and be aware of my portions.
Weighed myself this week and am down 4 pounds.  This is the second time when I've introduced carbs into my diet I've dropped a significant chunk of weight. I am crediting it to mostly a water weight flush and the fact that I didn't drink any booze.
211 today. Onederland isn't too far away!

I see that happen to me as well. I’m at 182-185 and if I eat a bunch of carbs on a weekend I’ll drop down to about 180 for a day or so.

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Just wondering why any diet would require special considerations. I never experienced dehydration or lack of salt when eating what would be considered a "normal" diet. Kinda weird.

For every 1g of carbs you eat your body holds onto like 3+g of water.  When you go off the carbs, your body starts letting go of a lot of water.  Electrolytes go with the water.

Get a lot of salt.  Make sure to get a good amount of potassium.  Take a magnesium supplement, especially for cramps.  You'll be good to go.

Weighed in yesterday at 301.8. Down 14.8 pounds in 15 days. I’m in Vegas right now for work. Had a salad last night and didn’t finish it. My stomach has shrunk. I feel absolutely no hunger.

I’m hoping the weight will still come off even though I’ve changed my routine for a while. Holding myself accountable and trying to not eat shitty while I’m out here.

• Like 1

I won a weight loss challenge a few weeks ago (273 to 234).  Since then, I've been up and down and not very focused on low-carb.  

Starting today, I'm back on low-carb/high fat and 16/8 fasting.  I'm also planning on cutting out alcohol all together.  While it was nice to be able to lose weight and drink bourbon, I suspect I can lose faster and feel better without it.  Tipped the scale this morning at 244.  Here we go again.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

16/8 “fasting” hardly seems like fasting to me.  it’s pretty easy to not eat for 16 hours without even consciously trying to.  hell, you’re asleep for half of it. 

Try making the 8 eating hours the 8 that you're also supposed to be getting sleep. 

On April 17 I hit 3 years of basically living LCHF (lazy keto).

I can't imagine ever going back to the way I ate before, it would seem surreal to regularly eat wheat, corn, rice etc.

About once a month I go nuts with what I consider to be a cheat meal which in actuality is the way I ate 3 times daily prior to 2015.

In 2018 sliced avocados with a little bit of fresh lime juice and sea salt is my most frequent snack.

Reading through the last few weeks of this thread.,.,.I remember when I was pushing 260. . .and now if I'm over 185 then I feel absolutely like a lard ass.

God I love having sanity and manageability in my relationship with food after decades of eating the SAD.

Saturday night my fiance made sour cream enchilada fix. Some of y'all may remember when I discovered pizza fix. Same principal - a casserole made out of all the ingredients that feed whatever you're craving, i.e

It gives me my "fix."

Pizza fix is a casserole with zucchini, squash, garlic, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, olives, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and all the Italian cheeses, baked in a le creuset casserole dish. So fucking awesome.

Saturday she took fresh blended tomatillos, sour cream, chicken, cumin, jalapenos, cheese, thin sliced zucchini, and whatever else and made a similar dish that ended up like the most incredible chicken enchilada tasting dish I've ever had. So creamy and rich and spicy. . .topped with frrsh pico and moar Mexican cheese, absolute heaven. No recipe. She just made it.

And holy shit the homemade loaded baked potato (no potato) cauliflower stuff. . .with grilled filets and broiled Brussel sprouts with truffle oil...

So yeah I don't eat wheat corn rice or potatos anymore and I ain't missing it at all.

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:
On 4/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, El Diablo said:
What's the dealio with keto and leg cramps? 

You need magnesium maleate or citrate.

I've been taking a magnesium supplement daily since I started eating keto. Weird thing, when I added a large dill pickle to my diet the cramps stopped. But yeah, I've been taking magnesium all along so that wasn't what I was lacking. It was pickle.

16 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I've been taking a magnesium supplement daily since I started eating keto. Weird thing, when I added a large dill pickle to my diet the cramps stopped. But yeah, I've been taking magnesium all along so that wasn't what I was lacking. It was pickle.

Cramps are an electrolyte issue having to do with not getting enough sodium, potassium, or magnesium. Pickles and the juice will help you absorb sodium and potassium better. I personally, have never had much of a need to supplement magnesium, but I do need to get more sodium and potassium. The easiest way that I've found is to drink lite salt mixed in with water and a squeeze of Mio.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Elvis Presto said:

what is your dosage?  If your doc put you on T and doesnt look at your estradiol or give you an aromatase inhibitor then he doesn't really know much about T.  Plus, if you have bitch tits then you have a high estradiol. 

Not necessarily true.  I've had Low T for a long time.  My E is usually in the normal range.  Bitch tits my whole life. Of course, I've been obese my whole life, too.

I've done T replacement before for short periods, but I won't do that again anytime soon. I haven't had the opportunity to try for kids yet, so I'm avoiding it till I'm older. I'm back on Clomid as of this week. Was on it a few years ago and had good results.

Edited by Longhorn Al

My new endo seemed ok with Keto. He didn't bat an eye when I said that's what I've been doing this year.

What's throwing him for a loop are my blood test results.  He says my lipids are amazing for my size and age.  Said he expects to see those levels with someone on a max dose of statins.  He said I must have some great genes re: cholesterol.  He was also shocked at my A1C, which was 5.1. 

My TSH also surprised him.  Here are my TSH results history:

7/29/14 - 3.48
6/29/16 - 4.74
9/29/16 - 5.41
2/02/17 - 4.76
4/27/17 - 4.71
4/09/18 - 2.27

I quit taking any thyroid meds over a year ago. Scrip ran out and I didn't have a doctor to go to at the time. He asked what my dosage has been. When I told him I haven't taken anything in a year, and all I've changed is cutting out sugar/carbs, he was dumbfounded. I was on 50 mcg of Levothyroxine a year ago.

In 3 months, I get more tests done. I'm asking for a full battery of thyroid tests after reading that TSH isn't the be-all-end-all test.  I'm asking for Free T4, Total T3, Free T3, Reverse T3, SHBG, and thyroid antibodies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I have 0 god damn discipline for keto. Work gets busy or I am traveling and I just shit the bed and eat whatever

Well from personal experience I didn't get to be 300+ pounds by having discipline with food. I had heard of low carb diets for years, but always said fuck that I can't deal without having at least the occasional piece of bread or starchy food, etc. Finally decided to give keto a try and it's surprisingly easy after a week or two. You don't crave sugars or carbs, and you aren't nearly as hungry as you would be on a typical diet. There's enough stuff that you can eat from fast food places or restaurants, you just have to place special orders. Lettuce wrapped cheeseburgers are still pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Not necessarily true.  I've had Low T for a long time.  My E is usually in the normal range.  Bitch tits my whole life. Of course, I've been obese my whole life, too.

I've done T replacement before for short periods, but I won't do that again anytime soon. I haven't had the opportunity to try for kids yet, so I'm avoiding it till I'm older. I'm back on Clomid as of this week. Was on it a few years ago and had good results.

clomid helps and I had decent results just taking that. It got my total T around 750 and my free up to 19. You absolutely have to watch your estradiol when taking clomid and should definitely take arimidex with it.   

You can take clomid or hcg with test and it will prevent sperm loss. 

• Like 1

So fasting update.  Hit 60lbs lost this morning on the scale since March 1st.   Started fasting on March 18th and have lost 42.   Should lose 10-12 before heading to mexico mid May. 

Will be under 200 by end of July for the first time since college.  

I think i have eaten 6 days since March 18th.   Usually 2 meals on the day, but very keto friendly except one where i kinda went off the rails - took me 4 days to get back below my starting weight on that mess up.  

Didn't even know this board existed! I'm currently about 293, 5'11". When I was "thin" I was about 200. I would love to feel what 220 feels like, again. I went keto about 5 mos ago and found it very easy to get into ketosis. I lost about 15 lbs in 2 weeks. I have put half that back on.  The way smokers smoke, or alcoholics drink, I eat. Stressed or fatigued, I over eat. I don't eat a lot of junk, but I eat too much. I'm sure there are others here that do the same. 

I like the idea of fasting. Those of you who have had success with it, how did you start? How long were your first attempts? Did you do the 1 reasonable meal and nothing else thing, or go completely without when you started? 

I would like to hear from people who have felt like it was just impossible but then had success. I've started so many times only to get back to where I started, and it's time, now. I'm really tired of my weight effecting how I live.