2018 Body Transformation Thread

I never posted in this thread on the old site because I kinda came to it late.  I did go full Keto back in October 2017 and lot over 15 pounds in the first 4 weeks getting into the "Normal" BMI range for the first time in a few decades.  I've gone less strict since January and have kept it off.

I need to start doing some strength training but I've been having rotator cuff problems and I'm kinda lazy.  So I need to get motivated.

Well, as good a place as any for my first post on the new site.  I was in on the 2017 thread and did really well.  Lost 20 pounds or so on it, partly by being accountable to myself on that thread.  Then Harvey came in August and fucked up my world.  Fell off the wagon, got ran over by it, backed up over me and ran over me a couple more times.  Cliff notes version is that I'm back up to about what I started at in the 2017 thread, 220.  Fuck me.  Okay, time to start again.  I'm in.  Finished moving everything from the old house today.  In the new house, close on the old one on 4/3 and life is getting back to pseudo-normal, or the new normal, or whatever the hell normal passes for these days.  Goal is to get down to 195.  Had gotten to 202 pre-Harvey.  Coaching my son's baseball team and umpiring and need to get back in shape to keep doing both of those for a long time.

• Like 2

Carb weekend is over (pizza, tortillas, rice, french fries, donut, half a sleeve of girl scout cookies, and several beers).  Other than the beer and pizza, I didn't really miss anything.  In the future, cheat meals will probably be beer and pizza.  

Tried some Perfect Keto this morning to get back to ketosis as quickly as possible.  Tastes terrible.    

I'll join. I could probably stand to drop somewhere between 20-30 lbs. Today is the first day of getting on the good and booze semi-wagon. I'll probably do some form of Paleo or Whole30, since I've done both and they're similar anyway, and it's a diet I'm used to...I haven't gotten back to working out yet because the 4 month old kiddo isn't giving me a lot of time options for doing so, but might as well jump into this motherfucker. I'm probably about 240 or 250. Historically, without exercise, it takes me about 2 weeks for the body to start getting rolling at weight loss, so no time like the present.

Going to limit myself to vodka and sodas on the weekends for drinking and try to be strict. I cooked up about 30-40 chicken tenders on the grill yesterday and a huge costco salmon, so that with vegetables and lettuce is going to be my food for the week. Lets see how this goes, gents. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Carb weekend is over (pizza, tortillas, rice, french fries, donut, half a sleeve of girl scout cookies, and several beers).  Other than the beer and pizza, I didn't really miss anything.  In the future, cheat meals will probably be beer and pizza.  

Tried some Perfect Keto this morning to get back to ketosis as quickly as possible.  Tastes terrible.    

Was thinking about ordering some of that? Which flavor did you get, and what did you mix it with?

18 minutes ago, Player said:

Was thinking about ordering some of that? Which flavor did you get, and what did you mix it with?

I got the chocolate sea salt.  Mixed it with coffee trying to make a mocha.  Way too sweet.  Next time, I'll put it in 8 oz of water and chug it.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

HA.  Which flavor?  I have the chocolate sea salt.  Mixed with water I like it.  

Sorry, just saw your post.  Don't mix it with coffee.  It does taste awful in coffee.  

Edited by T’Boo Ted Marshall

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

T'Boo - how many servings of the Perfect Keto would you have coming off of carbs?  I thought I might have another serving this afternoon.

I have about 3/4 scoop once and that is it.  Maybe 2-3x per week.  I stay in keto for the most part so I'm not too far removed if I have some beers or a bowl of ice cream that will kick me out.  

I will participate.  I started 8 weeks ago and I am down 17lbs.  I am eating no sugar or carbs during the week.  No alcohol during the week.  I allow myself a break on booze on the weekends, mostly wine, I am not that big of a beer drinker.  I have gone down 2 pant sizes since I started.

I am eating lots of salad, chicken with veggies etc.  Lots of water.  I have been slacking the past couple weeks since some stress has been a factor, but ready to get back on track probably after this week.

I was walking up to 2 miles a day, but had to stop due to a foot injury.  I need a few more days then I will get back to it.

Edited by Moby Ric

1st of 6 five pounds fasts to get me from 70 to 100 is complete. Scale hit 75 pounds lost this AM. Time for another Elaine  Benes approved Big Salad. Full Discloure: the water fast has become a bit less strict in the past week or so. GF made tacos one night. I had a few spoonfuls or seasoned ground beef straight rom the pan. Steaks on the grill another night. She ate 2/3rds of a New York Strip. She was about to wrap up the leftover portion and put in the fridge. Seconds later it was in my belly. So tasty. 

Starting round 2 of 6 tomorrow. 

Bernard

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

I shoot for between 25 and 50 carbs per day when I’m really strict, but I don’t count that closely.  

I did that for 4 months and dropped from 196 to 182.  Since then I eat occasional carbs but no simple sugar or potato,  usually more complex carbs, whole grain, etc.  I'm finding that my reduced calorie intake and eliminating sugar has kept me in the 182-184 range.  

My big motivator was chronically high triglycerides and fear of going type 2 beetus.

Edited by TexasEd

I arrived in the Philippines on January 11th and since then lost 2 belt notches, and should lose a 3rd by the 3 month mark. I do not have a scale here but I started at about 270. I have not been really dieting. The food portions here are smaller, particularly at Filipino food places, and I do not feel as hungry when it is hot in the afternoon and early evening, so I occasionally skip a meal. They don't have any bourbon barrel aged imperial stouts I love so I mostly drink San Miguel Light and sometimes a margarita. My apartment is a little away from the main action and shopping so I walk 2-3 miles a day, sometimes more. In the evening I usually pick up an 18-28 year old Filipina (or 2) for some aerobic exercise.

My plan is to keep doing what I am doing until I go a month without noticeable weight loss, and then I will start a low carb diet.

I highly recommend the first part of my diet plan.

• Like 1

Down 45 since December.  Only started doing keto two weeks ago.  Down 10 since then.

I have zero problems with eating keto.  I meal prep my food for the week and it's fucking great.  Throwing a bunch of meat in the slow cooker is awesome. 

The only problem I'm having is downing all this fucking salt to keep the heart palpitations at bay.  Supplementing magnesium and making sure to dump lite salt on my food for more potassium, too.  But if I'm not drinking tons of salt water to go along with all the salt I dump on my food the heart rate goes up and I start noticing the thump, especially when I lie down.  Shit is real annoying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RayDog said:

I arrived in the Philippines on January 11th and since then lost 2 belt notches, and should lose a 3rd by the 3 month mark. I do not have a scale here but I started at about 270. I have not been really dieting. The food portions here are smaller, particularly at Filipino food places, and I do not feel as hungry when it is hot in the afternoon and early evening, so I occasionally skip a meal. They don't have any bourbon barrel aged imperial stouts I love so I mostly drink San Miguel Light and sometimes a margarita. My apartment is a little away from the main action and shopping so I walk 2-3 miles a day, sometimes more. In the evening I usually pick up an 18-28 year old Filipina (or 2) for some aerobic exercise.

My plan is to keep doing what I am doing until I go a month without noticeable weight loss, and then I will start a low carb diet.

I highly recommend the first part of my diet plan.

yu2LWxW.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in, posted a few times on the shag with a different name.  Down 15 or so from mid-January on keto; not sure on the actual number because I didn't weigh myself til i lost the water weight. No counting calories or macros, simply keeping the carbs <20g.

I'm thinking about trying a few weeks of 5/2 fasting.  Has anyone done this?

• Like 1

Thought this was a good read, largely because it aligns with my general belief. My wife and I constantly have to have conversations about “nutrients” and “Toxins” with my MIL that just read some crap in People or saw some stupid fad she wants to try on Facebook.

Goes along with some of the old conversations we’ve had about paleo vs keto vs IM vs low fat. Do what works for you, but try to: Eat real foods. Not to much. Variety is the spice of life.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/03/ultimate-conversation-on-healthy-eating-and-nutrition.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shenanigans said:

Started Keto in early January. Down 25 pounds so far. Almost back under 200. I really need to hold back on my liquor drinking, but drinkin sure is fun.

I've found it's not the liquor it's the mixer.

Paloma instead of Margarita
Gin/Vodka and soda instead of tonic
Bourbon neat instead of Old Fashioned

• Like 1