2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

2 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Thank goodness we're getting Devo back.

OK, but anything is better than Chuckles and his 20.77 ERA

How is that guy still on the roster? He's arguably the worst pitcher the organization has kept around in the last two decades. No one has pitched as shitty and stayed on the team. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

How is that guy still on the roster? He's arguably the worst pitcher the organization has kept around in the last two decades. No one has pitched as shitty and stayed on the team. 

You know that Chuckles and Sneed are currently on the roster right?  He's easily better than them.

14 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Looking ahead at the schedule

5 games in Oakland next week.

Framber won’t pitch in any of them if current rotation holds.

sigh

I’m not stressing over catching the A’s. Of course I want to win because it will mean we’re playing well. But the advantages of winning the division this year are minimal. No byes, no big home field advantage. The differences between the top seed and 8th seed in the AL are slight. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not stressing over catching the A’s. Of course I want to win because it will mean we’re playing well. But the advantages of winning the division this year are minimal. No byes, no big home field advantage. The differences between the top seed and 8th seed in the AL are slight. 

Yes and no...agree on the no byes and HFA being neutralizers to a higher seed.

But just all depends on injury situation for ourselves and others in the league at the end of September (and prognosis for return in October).

That could totally swing who I’d want to play and when (3 vs 5 vs 7 game series).

E.g. if season ended today and Rays were the 1 seed, I want to be a 4 or 5 seed and get the Rays in a 5 game set if we are banged up and won’t see any relief between LDS and LCS.

I’d want to win the division and be a 2 or 3 seed and get the Rays in a 7 game set if we’d be missing a key bat or arm bat for the LDS but would have it back in time for the LCS.

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Radio guys are clueless

"Altuve is out of game....he singled in 1st and nothing on his trip around bases would have given a reason for him to be out"

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's out because of a nut shot. I think he's nursing an injury, he doesn't look right when he's running.