Champions League 2017-2018

sidis

1 minute ago, Jograves said:

Please. You act like RM had it all the way. Juve were bang into them from the kickoff and dominated for about 85 minutes today. 

but they never, not once, ever actually held a lead over madrid. and anyone who has watched them over the last five years knows that no matter what, no matter anything in the entire fucking universe, when it comes down to it, the breaks and fortune will always go the way of real madrid.  whether it's ignoring Ronaldo's diving that should draw a card, offsides goals, whatever...it always goes their way.  Sergio ramos, marcelo, and casemiro should never even be allowed to play soccer again for all their bullshit but there they are every memorial day weekend...every year.

there's a reason that juve scored 3, not 4.

but they never, not once, ever actually held a lead over madrid. and anyone who has watched them over the last five years knows that no matter what, no matter anything in the entire fucking universe, when it comes down to it, the breaks and fortune will always go the way of real madrid.  whether it's ignoring Ronaldo's diving that should draw a card, offsides goals, whatever...it always goes their way.  Sergio ramos, marcelo, and casemiro should never even be allowed to play soccer again for all their bullshit but there they are every memorial day weekend...every year.

there's a reason that juve scored 3, not 4.

I get that outlook but even our resident RM fans never felt confident in winning that at any point. 

Edited by Jograves

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Postgame bs saying real and bayern are on a collision course

Guess fix is in on draw...give liverpool bayern and see about that 

It's a wide open path to the final. Bayern and Madrid aren't playing all that great, Liverpool is on the best run of form, and Roma could be the team of destiny. 

21 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

What? Buffon begged for a red card. Y’all are tripping, that’s a red all day. Easiest call of the match.

15 minutes ago, maninblack said:

When you're screaming in the refs ear and then start bumping him around you get what's coming to you.

I get y’all.  My post wasn’t about the logic of what happened.   It sucks for the game to end that way, even if the pk is a good calll.  

Postgame bs saying real and bayern are on a collision course

Guess fix is in on draw...give liverpool bayern and see about that 

They're fucking stupid but of course they are going to say that.

Prior to this game Madrid has been lethal in their Knockout games. Today it was a still deadly Juve that pushed them to the brink so they are still leaders in my book. Bayern is Bayern and bundesliga is carried by Fox so they are gonna hype them up.

All that to say, I can guarantee you whoever draws LFC, Bayern or Madrid is gonna say bullshit! All the while Roma is believing after pulling their upset all the way to completion.

If I had my way, I'd want Bayern in a 1off championship before LFC but Madrid-LFC would be the sexiest matchup for the world.

No matter what, In Zizou I trust.

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

They're fucking stupid but of course they are going to say that.

Prior to this game Madrid has been lethal in their Knockout games. Today it was a still deadly Juve that pushed them to the brink so they are still leaders in my book. Bayern is Bayern and bundesliga is carried by Fox so they are gonna hype them up.

All that to say, I can guarantee you whoever draws LFC, Bayern or Madrid is gonna say bullshit! All the while Roma is believing after pulling their upset all the way to completion.

If I had my way, I'd want Bayern in a 1off championship before LFC but Madrid-LFC would be the sexiest matchup for the world.

No matter what, In Zizou I trust.

Liverpool and Madrid would be sexy match thats why it will somehow be the semi so they get 2 games instead of 1

But i would say as of now i would want roma...taking chance they used all thier magic yesterday

I was talking to The Germans, as we call them in our family, and Mickey said their announcers said no foul. Of course, they hate Spain and all things Spanish, except for the beaches. I think our announcers were pretty spot on with a foul in the back. I would not have called it for what happened in front. I think he did push him.

As for Buffon I think he deserved the Red. He was pushing at the ref's back and screaming in his head. You just can't go crazy like that. 

I am rooting for Bayern. But they have to play a lot better than they did against Seville.

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was talking to The Germans, as we call them in our family, and Mickey said their announcers said no foul. Of course, they hate Spain and all things Spanish, except for the beaches. I think our announcers were pretty spot on with a foul in the back. I would not have called it for what happened in front. I think he did push him.

As for Buffon I think he deserved the Red. He was pushing at the ref's back and screaming in his head. You just can't go crazy like that. 

I am rooting for Bayern. But they have to play a lot better than they did against Seville.

What a crazy game.

The penalty was justified.  He pushed him in the back, kicked him in the chest, and never touched the ball.

Ronaldo's penalty was a beauty.  Keeper had zero chance even if he knew where Ronaldo was going to put it.

Poor Gigi.  Pulling a Zidane at the end of his career.

3 hours ago, gaspar said:

Tough break for Juventus. At least most of the Argentinian national team players are going to get some rest before the World Cup starts. 

Dale vamos che!!!

They fucking need it, because they played like shit against Spain over the last break.

I worry that Argentina is going to have trouble scoring, will barely make it out of their group, will beat Mexico, because it's kind of a tradition, and then will lose to Germany in the quarters... because it's kind of a tradition.  :(

They just do not look good. Their defense is getting old and/or sucking ass and Messi wants all of his old buddies on the squad like when they won the 2008 Olympics. There's not a lot of magic happening with the albiceleste this go-round.

13 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The realist in me doesnt think we could even beat Liverpool let alone Madrid. We have had an easy road to the final, our back line gets exposed even against Bundesliga comp., were injured, and were old.

Edited by travelingtexan

I'm on the fence about the penalty.  I don't think it's a clear foul, but if you're going to call that then you need to have been consistent with those types of calls during the game and Oliver wasn't.  He let the game players play pretty much (including a number of dives that should have been called on Real) up until that play and then goes for the soft call.  That's what gets me.

As for Gigi, he deserved the red.  

I thought it was a pen.

I heard on Sirius FC this morning they were trying to equivocate to American sports. You don't see a lot of penalties or fouls called in American sports in the last moments of any games, much less playoff games. Thought that was an interesting point.  

I thought it was a pen.
I heard on Sirius FC this morning they were trying to equivocate to American sports. You don't see a lot of penalties or fouls called in American sports in the last moments of any games, much less playoff games. Thought that was an interesting point.  

There are lists out there of missed calls and late calls that change the endings of games.

Off the top of my head:
Hand of God
Thierry Henry hand of frog
The NBA acknowledging they didn't call 2-3 fouls on Durant against Lebron in the final minute

Going the other way:
Cowboys-Lions playoff game 3 years ago, last minute PI.
OSU-Miami mnc, OSU gets a PI and wins in OT.

No matter what, there are going to be 50% of the populous that say you don't make that call/bad call and the other half saying you have to call that/good call.

To me, you go through the player to get the ball, whether it's midfield or the box, 10" or 90+", you are putting your life in the refs hands.

Now put 2 hands on his back and swing your leg through his arm and chest to get the ball...
5830d3dc67851813c61632ea03395e1c.jpg
d94420c1905d9836ae8ebbd50a5da258.jpg
f3780d970868bd2fc1daf5cd32cf9ccf.jpg

12 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Depends which Higuain shows up. 

Hopefully it isn't this one: 

He also totally blew a goal against Real Madrid in the Ida of their Quarterfinal matchup.

He is the least clutch striker ever. (At least who played/plays for Argentina.)

I think that he had a wonder blunder for Real Madrid in the Champions League many years ago and the fans never forgave him for it.

He also totally blew a goal against Real Madrid in the Ida of their Quarterfinal matchup.

I think that he had a wonder blunder for Real Madrid in the Champions League many years ago and the fans never forgave him for it.

He just never scored in champions league for Madrid.

That's why they kept Benz and sold Higuin.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It will probably come down to whether Di Maria can stay healthy. When he plays, they seem to find scoring easier. 

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2550728.html#/

• Having become the first side to win back-to-back titles in the UEFA Champions League era last season, Real Madrid want to be the first club since Bayern (1974–76) to claim three successive European Cups. Ajax also won three in a row between 1971 and 1973, while Madrid hold the all-time record having won the first five finals.
  • Bayern v Real Madrid will meet for the 25th and 26th time in Europe, making it the most-played UEFA competition tie.
  • Liverpool will move ahead of Bayern and Barcelona to six European Cup titles with victory in Kyiv. Only AC Milan (7) and Real Madrid (12) have managed more.
  • Jupp Heynckes has a 100% record of reaching UEFA Champions League finals. In his three previous campaigns he triumphed with Real Madrid (1997/98) and Bayern (2012/13), also finishing runner-up with the Bavarians in 2011/12.
  • Roma aim to become the 23rd team to lift the European Cup, and the fourth from Italy.