Tell me about the Shady Game Rooms

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

How is that legal? Some girl I dated years ago said her Aunt would go and play slots for laundry detergent and shit. Is that what they play for?

Paging @CHAD BRISCOE

It’s not legal. Victimless crime IMO, although I bet there is some other crime hanging around these places in some cases and they would appear to be a great target for robbery.

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Family owns a few or 5.  It's illegal but cops don't have time to bust them so they run.  Gas stations are beginning to have more and more.  Between those and poker rooms all Texas is doing is losing a shit ton of tax dollars for not legalizing gambling

They should call it 'gaming' like our neighbor. 

Knew a woman in the 80's that was regional manager for a chain of convenience stores in South Carolina. Think she had 10 or so stores to cover and part of her job was taking care of the legal 8 liners. They were set to pay off after a certain amount of play. If she saw one close to payoff when she was emptying them, she'd play that machine until it hit. Made a killing off the machines and the books always came out right.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Knew a woman in the 80's that was regional manager for a chain of convenience stores in South Carolina. Think she had 10 or so stores to cover and part of her job was taking care of the legal 8 liners. They were set to pay off after a certain amount of play. If she saw one close to payoff when she was emptying them, she'd play that machine until it hit. Made a killing off the machines and the books always came out right.

So, find out when the regional manager lady is coming to visit

Play games the day before that

???

Profit

first, I did not even drive by a holiday inn express, but i think they can be legal in the sense that playing games for tickets in dave and busters and then using them to claim prizes is legal.  It's the straight cash homey payouts that are illegal, but of course that is what people want so I would wager most of those shady places have some sort of prize chart on display, but actually pay cash out.

23 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

first, I did not even drive by a holiday inn express, but i think they can be legal in the sense that playing games for tickets in dave and busters and then using them to claim prizes is legal.  It's the straight cash homey payouts that are illegal, but of course that is what people want so I would wager most of those shady places have some sort of prize chart on display, but actually pay cash out.

I've never even set foot in one of these things, but I always assumed the deal was they pay out in "prizes" (e.g. laundry detergent or whatever), which they'll then buy back from you with cash. I'd definitely be willing to believe that if you're a regular they just cut out the middle step.

Do they serve drinks? Maybe I'll take my wife to one on our next date night.