American Murder

Nole-4-Life

I’m very interested and watched the first 10min, but my daughters were the same age as his when the story broke so after I read his confession and the details of their murder I haven’t been able to stomach that part of the case. I’m not one to get bothered by details of murder cases, but this one bothers the fuck out of me

• Like 1

What a fucking idiot. Watching him squirm as the neighbor is showing the cop his surveillance footage was priceless. 

Oh, and they were going to find him out as soon as the bodies were discovered where they were, if nothing else.

And again, innocent or guilty, if the cops want to question you, lawyer up. 

On 10/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

I only had a birds eye view knowledge of the case.  His confession of the details was devastating to listen to.  The idea that they were alive during that car ride and had complete trust in their dad that entire time really upset me.  

Yeah, that's gonna stick with me for a while.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, Deej said:

What a fucking idiot. Watching him squirm as the neighbor is showing the cop his surveillance footage was priceless. 

Oh, and they were going to find him out as soon as the bodies were discovered where they were, if nothing else.

And again, innocent or guilty, if the cops want to question you, lawyer up. 

Let me preface this by saying I listen to a ton a of true crime podcasts. So if my post appears morbid, that isn't my intention.

I'm glad they caught this POS, but there's be a good chance he wouldn't be in prison right now if he hired an attorney from the jump. The burial site is really isolated, on private property with a locking gate, and visited only a few times a month by one or two contractors. If Watts didn't confess, I doubt they ever find the bodies. The cops would hammer Watts on the surveillance video of him loading his truck, but they wouldn't have much more than that. 

I think Watts was a chubby guy that didn't do well with the ladies. He gets married, gets jacked, and finally gets attention from women and he wanted to keep it going. I'm sorry Shann'an and her children are gone, but she was completely nuts with those Facebook posts/instant messages. Giving her friend a play by play from the bedroom was truly bizarre. 

I keep thinking back to what if Shann'an and the kids had stayed in North Carolina with her family. Chris and Shann'an could  have reached a legal separation and then a divorce, and everybody would still be with us. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Terrible cliché name, but I enjoyed the watch. I had never heard of this case, pretty unbelievable someone could do that. 

I really enjoy this style of documentary with just using already available video. LA92 is another really excellent doc done the same way. Are there any others that use this style? 

3 hours ago, seven said:

Terrible cliché name, but I enjoyed the watch. I had never heard of this case, pretty unbelievable someone could do that. 

I really enjoy this style of documentary with just using already available video. LA92 is another really excellent doc done the same way. Are there any others that use this style? 

30 for 30 called “June17th, 1994” is done like that. It’s short but I enjoyed it.

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let me preface this by saying I listen to a ton a of true crime podcasts. So if my post appears morbid, that isn't my intention.

I'm glad they caught this POS, but there's be a good chance he wouldn't be in prison right now if he hired an attorney from the jump. The burial site is really isolated, on private property with a locking gate, and visited only a few times a month by one or two contractors. If Watts didn't confess, I doubt they ever find the bodies. The cops would hammer Watts on the surveillance video of him loading his truck, but they wouldn't have much more than that. 

I think Watts was a chubby guy that didn't do well with the ladies. He gets married, gets jacked, and finally gets attention from women and he wanted to keep it going. I'm sorry Shann'an and her children are gone, but she was completely nuts with those Facebook posts/instant messages. Giving her friend a play by play from the bedroom was truly bizarre. 

I keep thinking back to what if Shann'an and the kids had stayed in North Carolina with her family. Chris and Shann'an could  have reached a legal separation and then a divorce, and everybody would still be with us. 

They would've found the bodies. He would've always been the prime suspect and there were only so many places he could've gone between leaving the house and getting to his job site where other people were. They would've searched every Anadarko well site he had access to.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a true crime fan, so I was already familiar with the case, the best for me was watching the confession.
I was an interrogator in the Marines (0211 really), and took the Reid and Advanced Reid course, which is the same most police take. I watched how the approaches they started with didn’t work at first, but then they planted the story of shanann killing the kids, and he bit on it. If you watch the clock in the back it wasn’t long before he took it and it became his story, so that’s what he tells his dad. Classic trick, offer a story that mitigated the offense or suspect, get them to confess on something, anything, and then once you get a crack, pry that shit open.
I’m glad he finally just pleaded guilty. Another good true crime on Netflix if you like the trial bits and things is The Staircase. It’s a few years old now, but shows you pretty much all access to a murder trial.

If you go back to the scene where he sees himself on camera in the middle of the night and starts squirming his neighbor goes back to live TV on the TV set and a commercial showing a baby in the womb comes on, that's when Chris talks about Shanan being pregnant. Always thought that was eerie. I know you can see this in the body cam footage on youtube and it was in the doc too I think.

I was not ready for the end of that.

I don't know how the cops would think anything other than him killing them happened once they found out he removed the kids from school and called a relator about the house.

Also. once again, if you do something bad, why the fuck would you agree to talk to the cops? And if not under arrest how could you be in there for 6 hours? Did it ever occur to him to just walk away and make them arrest him? 

So bizarre how someone can go from being a somewhat normal dude to a killer. I don't blame him for wanting to get away from that nut. Fuck I'd probably divorce her based on her name alone. WTF kind of name is Shanann? 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I saw this on some other doc on youtube or 48 hours etc....but someone sends a group text that hes in while her and the kids are missing about signing up for fantasy football and he responds with something like "Sure, count me in".

Dude was coldblooded and evil but I think also he had to be one of the stupidest sonofabitches.