Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Thanks for staying at the Casa de Ken! House rules:

Please, no loud music after 10 p.m.
When leaving the house for the day, please set the thermostat to 74.
Remember, no abortions allowed in the house. 
Please remove sheets from bed and pile by the washer/dryer when checking out.
Send a text to Dave P if you need anything.

Don’t forget to leave your suitcase of money you need laundered in the utility room. Wink wink nudge nudge nudge. Say no more.

42 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Texas should sue Virginia to force them to take back this cockeyed, carpet-bagging asshole (throw in a second count to have them take back Chip Roy while they are at it).

Can someone set up a Abbott-like migrant plane to send Paxton and Patrick back to their home states?

• Like 2

It's not that they're carpetbaggers.  It's that they're assholes.  And while it's fun to say "Paxton is a Moron", he's actually not.  He's quite measured and calculating.  Dan Patrick, however, is literally dumber than Donald Trump and that's saying something.  I would honestly be surprised if he had an IQ over 90.  And I mean that with no political hyperbole.  Even the other Senate Republicans consider him rather stupid, and that's saying something.  Dawn Buckingham frequently left the floor and would say, "Oh, bless his heart", in that way Texas women say it when we know that mean, "Oh, so he's like almost legit retarded."  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

un fucking believable 

How would the state of Texas have any standing to sue a health care provider in another state that does not do business in Texas?  This feels a lot like Paxton trying to intimidate the county officials in CO during COVID because they told the Texan second homeowners to stay away until the lockdown was over.  They laughed Paxton out of the room on that one.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And the State of Texas has standing there because.....?

I really hate this doofus.

He does what he wants because the Texas Senate has no backbone so he's still AG.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

13 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

How much Texas taxpayer money has this asshole lit on fire doing MAGA performance art? I'd love to hear from some of you small government conservative types who continue to vote for him, but are super concerned about government spending.

you're better off asking [insert celebrity crush here] on a date

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Paxton has a bottomless checkbook to fight back …

Abbott ain't leaving Texas for any jobs in D.C., but while I don't think Trump will win, if he were to, Paxton is exactly the kind of person Trump would want to have in an office down the hall.  Paxton maybe cock-eyed, but he's willing to attack anybody over anything.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Abbott ain't leaving Texas for any jobs in D.C., but while I don't think Trump will win, if he were to, Paxton is exactly the kind of person Trump would want to have in an office down the hall.  Paxton maybe cock-eyed, but he's willing to attack anybody over anything.

trump would never have a gimp in a wheel chair on his staff. Its a bad look for him

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/paxton-files-lawsuit-for-new-federal-greenhouse-gas-rule/

On Friday, Attorney General Ken Paxton announced he filed a lawsuit to stop the federal Department of Transportation’s new greenhouse gas reporting measure.

According to the AG’s office, the U.S. Department of Transportation does not have the authority to establish the rule.

“The federal government claims this mandate is necessary to meet the Biden administration’s goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions to reach net-zero across the economy by 2050. The rule also requires TxDOT to measure and report progress toward the achievement of those targets,” Paxton said.

Let me guess how this ends, Ken?  Federal DoT withholds roadway funds from states whose state departments of transportation refuse to measure and report?  

Great Ken, thanks.  Now our third world country roadway system will be even worse than before you cockeyed optimist!  

Although, some respect playa paxton.  Less infrastructure dollars means fewer bridges.  ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the peanut gallery, you don't usually need a subpoena for a party to the lawsuit, you just notice their deposition.

A subpoena may up the ante a little bit for failure to appear as they are enforceable by contempt.  But, if you don't need one, I'm not sure you can get contempt.

• Like 1

Which makes her both a decade older than the Waffle House corporation and a decade younger than the next oldest employee of said Waffle House.  You know the old saying, "If she's old enough to scramble, she's old enough to ramble."  Or, dammit I had something for this.  

Aaron R., former Paxton sidekick has made mention of part of the reason he was leaving the AG office is this testimony may actually bring Paxton down and didn't want to be around for it.  But as per usual, I suspect Paxton will survive this as well.  Until he doesn't survive.  I don't even know I bother being surprised anymore with what a corrupt person is truly capable of when their back is against the wall.

The new law going into effect on March 1st though, where they can stop and detain anybody remotely suspected of an illegal border crossing.  Going to be an interesting time for Kenneth.    

Isn't Paxton asking the TX Supreme Court to shield him from being deposed? Doesn't he ultimately have to testify at some point? We've had US Presidents that are forced to sit for a deposition, how can a state AG hide from a deposition forever?

I think we all understand why he doesn't want to go under oath or take the 5th but that doesn't seem like a valid excuse even for the Texas Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

For the peanut gallery, you don't usually need a subpoena for a party to the lawsuit, you just notice their deposition.

A subpoena may up the ante a little bit for failure to appear as they are enforceable by contempt.  But, if you don't need one, I'm not sure you can get contempt.

I think the confusion with your comments is because Nate is not a party to the Whistleblower suit.  Nate was at the courthouse Wednesday testifying in one of his lawsuits, and the Whistleblowers served him with a subpoena and deposition notice in their suit.  So it wasn't a subpoena served on a party defendant.  In other words, the Whistleblowers are going to depose Nate, which should be interesting to say the least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

I think the confusion with your comments is because Nate is not a party to the Whistleblower suit.  Nate was at the courthouse Wednesday testifying in one of his lawsuits, and the Whistleblowers served him with a subpoena and deposition notice in their suit.  So it wasn't a subpoena served on a party defendant.  In other words, the Whistleblowers are going to depose Nate, which should be interesting to say the least. 

Is there anything that Nate can say in the whistleblower lawsuit other than to pled the 5th? He's the one named as the person bribing Paxton.

Ken yesterday tweeted about Drunk Dade Phelan and how he has no honor.  I responded that it's quite ironic that a man who cheated on his wife and tried to screw the taxpayers of Texas out of 3.2 million dollars was commenting on another man's honor.

Result?

KenPaxtonban.thumb.jpg.68ddcd1954a9b1908d2f10701d768df2.jpg

Which, by the way, as a matter of law he cannot do. He uses that account for official purposes, thus he cannot bar members of the public from participating in the forum. There is a case currently pending at the SCOTUS on this issue, but it will turn on a factual test that Paxton’s page will surely fall on the “public” side of.
Just add it to the list of basic legal principles that super duper constitutionalist Ken Paxton doesn’t give a shit about.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wreckatx said:

Oh yeah I misread your link. 

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Isn't Paxton asking the TX Supreme Court to shield him from being deposed? Doesn't he ultimately have to testify at some point? We've had US Presidents that are forced to sit for a deposition, how can a state AG hide from a deposition forever?

I think we all understand why he doesn't want to go under oath or take the 5th but that doesn't seem like a valid excuse even for the Texas Supreme Court.

I can't tell if he's content staying Texas AG and trying to protect himself with that office, or if he has some kind of dreams of higher office.  He's like Abbott though - Trump will never select him for a major office because he's cock-eyed.