Ear-bleeders

UTCzech III

On 11/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

I would argue that most of the AC/DC catalog needs to be listened to at ear bleeding volume. I was pumping A Whole Lotta Rosie in the truck yesterday at such a volume.

Funny, was on a bike ride yesterday and this song came on.  Made me think of this thread.  Because I fucking cranked it up and almost killed myself twice taking jumps and corners a little faster that usual.  "42-39-56 you could say she's got it all...."  What a jam.

One memory that stands out to me from when my now-9 year old son was a little kid (must have been like 2-3 years old) was he and I coming home from some errand we ran together, and Highway to Hell came on.  I turned it up and rolled down all the windows and opened the sunroof and started screaming with Bon.  I look in the mirror and my son has a huge smile on his face, we make eye contact, and he let's out this fantastic scream and starts laughing.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, Carl Spackler said:

GREAT choice.  ANYTHING that Warner Hodges plays guitar on.  A few years ago, Warner was on guitar with Drivin'-n-Cryin.  I went with a buddy and his wife.  I told them...you guys can stand wherever you want but I'll be over her, in front of the stage on the left.   His wife asked why.  My buddy said, "Cause that's where Jesus stands."  

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 1

the self described "Holocaust Section" starts at 1:38... only about 45 minutes on the recorded version.. they used to do a 15 minute of this section live, testing the audiences will and eardrums.

hands down the loudest show i have ever been too. Mogwai being a close second.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Funny, was on a bike ride yesterday and this song came on.  Made me think of this thread.  Because I fucking cranked it up and almost killed myself twice taking jumps and corners a little faster that usual.  "42-39-56 you could say she's got it all...."  What a jam.

One memory that stands out to me from when my now-9 year old son was a little kid (must have been like 2-3 years old) was he and I coming home from some errand we ran together, and Highway to Hell came on.  I turned it up and rolled down all the windows and opened the sunroof and started screaming with Bon.  I look in the mirror and my son has a huge smile on his face, we make eye contact, and he let's out this fantastic scream and starts laughing.

I did the same thing with my now 11yo daughter.  But it was White Stripes, and really anything Jack White that she loves- Anyway, we blew out the mid’s in the truck to “Icky Thump”.  And now my Wife is pissed. 😱😡😂🤣

Great idea OP, I’m glad I found this thread. So many bad ass jams in here...Sabotage, Baker Street, Symphony of Destruction and many others. I too am middle aged.

I submit this one. Bad ass fiddle, great guitar intro and just an overall kickass song. My favorite TPT song.

Also this. My favorite Metallica song.

There are too many more to add here but again, great idea OP.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Great idea OP, I’m glad I found this thread. So many bad ass jams in here...Sabotage, Baker Street, Symphony of Destruction and many others. I too am middle aged.

I submit this one. Bad ass fiddle, great guitar intro and just an overall kickass song. My favorite TPT song.

I never cared for that song on the studio recording...but it kicks all types of ass at their live shows.   Now, when it comes on....I crank it.  Still not as much as on Kansas City Southern.  That guitar tone....mamma.  

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

I would argue that most of the AC/DC catalog needs to be listened to at ear bleeding volume. I was pumping A Whole Lotta Rosie in the truck yesterday at such a volume.

I'm pretty sure that high volume "Riff Raff" cures COVID.

On 11/3/2020 at 4:20 AM, Whatever said:

I reflexively turn up the volume whenever LHSD comes on.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 9:28 PM, UTCzech III said:

Whether you're drunk, high, pissed off (or maybe all three, like tonight), let's hear your songs (whether you're in the car, or have headphones on, or I guess lucky enough to live in a house where your neighbors don't give a shit) that you just cannot crank loud enough.  Songs you just say, fuck it, I don't care if I go deaf tomorrow, I need this shit as loud as possible right now... 

• Hook 'Em 3