The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

Ah, noted.  It's a significant distinction in a legal outcomes sense, not so much in terms of public revelation and understanding.  I'd be interested to better understand the nature of the decision not to name Trump as un-indicted co-conspirator, and if that reflects any obstacles to SDNY actually naming him as one while a sitting POTUS.

Another note is that the SDNY indictment does not say that Individual-1 instructed him to do anything.  That came from his testimony to congress.  Individual-1's wrongdoing in the indictment is all implicit.  Make of that what you will.

The importance of being a co-conspirator is that all conspirators have the same liability:  they are, if proven, all guilty of the offense that is the object of the conspiracy.

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

So because you "can sleep at night" that means we're absolved of all wrongdoing overseas in meddling with other elections, carry no blame for the rise of Putin, and are therefore justified in "going to war" with the Russians over this?  You're right.  The stupid.  It burns.

No one here supports Putin you simple fuck.  Just some of us don't have our heads so far up our own asses that we realize this whole situation came about because of the US' actions.  We've done shit far and away worse to Russia than Putin has ever done to us.  Dude sucks.  He's also our fault.

Oh, and I've yet to see any of you mention how the Mueller report shows how this entire Russia interference should be laid right at Obama's feet.  The Russians started these shenanigans back in 2014.  Obama and his crew knew.  They chose to do dick all about it.  Then, when they finally got around to imposing some sanctions they were literally the least and most ineffective ones they could pass.  So Obama knew, did nothing, let it continue, passed some weak ass sanctions which were just symbolic, and then proceeded to gaslight the American people saying shit like "No one can rig an election" and acting like everything was hunky fucking dory. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opinions/mueller-report-obama-jennings/index.html

Learn some history, my ass.  You're not even remotely acquainted to recent history.  Oh, that's right.  Because it conflicts with your own partisan bullshit.  Democratic Presidents have completely dropped the ball and fucked us, but MUH TRUMP!!

I'm not a Democrat, and your both-sidist approach is not only predictable, it's reductive and silly.

Is this the part where you put your fingers in your ears and yelll "yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayay.....I can't hear you" while clearly ignoring your writings on this thread alone promising, nay, "knowing" the opposite conclusion would be forth coming....if only we would wait and stop all other legislation in Congress and reporting in the media...you, know, just until Mueller is NOT fired and is allowed to show us the burning bush that makes all of this better?

That was you, Jimmy....you and those like you....right here on this thread and other places who have now some how doubled down on what would be an embarassing miscalcualtion for any reeasonable being...you are going back in....you were right damn it.!.....TURN THOSE MAMACHINES BACK ON!!!!!!  TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!!

pro tip-----you think you hate Trump now, wait until he is a  2nd term lame duck and his fucking insanity really show up, a position you and your pals in denial are rushing him towards at warp speed now.

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

Science is bigoted bullshit when it explains certain human tendencies toward certain behaviors....got it. 

Is science bullshit when it could explain how humans are affecting Climate change?  

Please show us the science lol

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

Is this the part where you put your fingers in your ears and yelll "yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayay.....I can't hear you" while clearly ignoring your writings on this thread alone promising, nay, "knowing" the opposite conclusion would be forth coming....if only we would wait and stop all other legislation in Congress and reporting in the media...you, know, just until Mueller is NOT fired and is allowed to show us the burning bush that makes all of this better?

That was you, Jimmy....you and those like you....right here on this thread and other places who have now some how doubled down on what would be an embarassing miscalcualtion for any reeasonable being...you are going back in....you were right damn it.!.....TURN THOSE MAMACHINES BACK ON!!!!!!  TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!!

pro tip-----you think you hate Trump now, wait until he is a  2nd term lame duck and his fucking insanity really show up, a position you and your pals in denial are rushing him towards at warp speed now.

Backup your claims.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not a Democrat, and your both-sidist approach is not only predictable, it's reductive and silly.

Yeah, you're not.  You're a mouth breathing fuckwit who wishes he could come close to Hugo's level of pathetic.  You're a laughingstock everywhere on this site outside of this one forum.

I actually have some respect for real Democrats.  You on the other hand? 

• Like 2

Is this the part where you put your fingers in your ears and yelll "yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayay.....I can't hear you" while clearly ignoring your writings on this thread alone promising, nay, "knowing" the opposite conclusion would be forth coming....

Prove any consistent stance where I said I KNEW what Mueller's conclusions would be.

9 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

So because you "can sleep at night" that means we're absolved of all wrongdoing overseas in meddling with other elections, carry no blame for the rise of Putin, and are therefore justified in "going to war" with the Russians over this?  You're right.  The stupid.  It burns.

No one here supports Putin you simple fuck.  Just some of us don't have our heads so far up our own asses that we realize this whole situation came about because of the US' actions.  We've done shit far and away worse to Russia than Putin has ever done to us.  Dude sucks.  He's also our fault.

Oh, and I've yet to see any of you mention how the Mueller report shows how this entire Russia interference should be laid right at Obama's feet.  The Russians started these shenanigans back in 2014.  Obama and his crew knew.  They chose to do dick all about it.  Then, when they finally got around to imposing some sanctions they were literally the least and most ineffective ones they could pass.  So Obama knew, did nothing, let it continue, passed some weak ass sanctions which were just symbolic, and then proceeded to gaslight the American people saying shit like "No one can rig an election" and acting like everything was hunky fucking dory. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opinions/mueller-report-obama-jennings/index.html

Learn some history, my ass.  You're not even remotely acquainted to recent history.  Oh, that's right.  Because it conflicts with your own partisan bullshit.  Democratic Presidents have completely dropped the ball and fucked us, but MUH TRUMP!!

The level of pwnage in this post is strong. 

BUT WHATABOUTISM!!

• Fuck You 3

man I'm approaching the 300 page mark and it's a beat down.  a total beat down.  just finished the comey loyalty section.  asking his admin to write memos to say he didn't ask Flynn to lie, demanding loyalty denying one on one meetings, those meetings corroborated by multiple folks.  and on and on.  then Mueller goes through the elements of obstruction, doesn't conclude but establishes all elements met.  holy. fuck.  and that's only the first major count.  more to come but it's so damning and so intense I need to stop and take a break.

• Like 1

Yep the president is a criminal. We already knew that but now there’s proof.

Love the lawyers don’t take notes bit. Yeah, mob lawyers don’t take notes. We have a mobster in the White House, and a really dumb one to boot because if trump hadnt been born rich, he’d have been shot by the mob long before now. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep the president is a criminal. We already knew that but now there’s proof.

Love the lawyers don’t take notes bit. Yeah, mob lawyers don’t take notes. We have a mobster in the White House, and a really dumb one to boot because if trump hadnt been born rich, he’d have been shot by the mob long before now. 

Also, real lawyers know to have another lawyer in the room when engaging Trump.

26 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Backup your claims.

prove it to whom, Hobbes?   You.....You the team who went full bore with this soley upon what you "wanted to happen?"

stacked a "special prosecution" with your target's political opponents as "investigators?"

allowed nothing else to move through Congress while your assinine "investigation" took forever to reveal what any unbiased observer KNEW what it would reveal?

Now...you want more "proof" that you can ignore as you have done since this thing has started.?   You want to repeat the same exercise that has gotten you, politcally, right where you are now....cuz this time, damn it....this tiime I can really mean it ....and hurl personal insults as a way of deflection and snarkiness, protected fully by the left wing moderation of this forum on this site.

Fuck you Hobbes...you are a smart sumbitch but your are fucking wrong here. 

Jimmy Jazz...you are just a hypocritical race baiting dick. 

Edited by TtomTerrific
  • Like 1

The report identifies and analyzes 10 episodes of concern in the obstruction investigation:

- conduct involving then-FBI Director Comey and Michael Flynn;
- the president’s reaction to the continuing Russia investigation;
- the president’s termination of Comey;
- the appointment of a special counsel and efforts to remove him;
- efforts to curtail the special counsel’s investigation;
- efforts to prevent public disclosure of evidence;
- further efforts to have the attorney general take control of the investigation;
- efforts to have White House Counsel Don McGahn deny that the president had ordered him to have the special counsel removed;
- conduct toward Flynn, Manafort, and a redacted individual (likely Roger Stone); and
- conduct involving Michael Cohen.

Each episode includes a detailed set of factual findings and then analyzes how the evidence maps onto the criminal charge of obstruction, which requires (1) an obstructive act; (2) a nexus with an official proceeding; and (3) a corrupt intent.

The critical point is that in six of these episodes, the special counsel’s office suggests that all of the elements of obstruction are satisfied.

In the cases of Comey’s firing, Trump’s effort to fire Mueller and then push McGahn to lie about it, and Trump’s effort to curtail the scope of the investigation, Mueller describes “substantial” evidence that Trump intended to obstruct justice.

Only in one instance—concerning Trump’s effort to prevent the release of emails regarding the Trump Tower meeting—does the special counsel seem to feel that none of the three elements of the obstruction offense were met. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-mueller-found-russia-and-obstruction-first-analysis

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

The only barrier that blocked Bernie was getting less votes in the primary.

Explain to me what a "superdelegate" is, and contrast the role of "superdelegates" in Democratic party primaries to their absence in the GOP primary.

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

Hillary’s primary flaw was that right wing media, talking heads, and Fox News lambasted her for decade so that people just assumed Hillary = corruption, even though there isn’t any evidence.

That wasn't her primary flaw. Her primary flaw is a lack of charisma, which is the prime requisite of a politician.

Furthermore, she came to power on the coattails of her husband, revealed herself when she stood beside him when any self-respecting woman should have dumped him, making her an Anti-Feminist Icon. This could have been forgiven if she'd displayed competence: She failed spectacularly in both of the major political roles she was given, first when constructing the Healthcare bill in the 1990s and later with the "Reset Button" debacle as SecState. Last, she had health issues that prevented her from campaigning and, worse, failed to even show up to a battleground state.

Furthermore, as a founding member of the faction of the Democrats that supported NAFTA, and pro-big-business goals, she was a literal icon of everything blue-collar America had once supported Democrats to fight against. Bernie and Trump both made appeals to that segment; she was the antithesis of that. And those are the voters who put Trump in over Hillary in the Rust Belt.

You can spin the narrative all you like and blame random things, but she was a terrible candidate. The Democratic party thought they could simply coronate her and get the First Woman President without regard to whether or not she was the right woman to be President, and made her happen through back-room deals with Superdelegates. Trump is the result of that failure.

Furthermore, the Democrats were more than happy to expand the powers of the POTUS while they had the White House for 8 years, without taking into account the possibility that there might someday be a GOP president. The GOP Senate, and Mitch McConnell, are making that same mistake now.

She was a shitty candidate.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Sure I'll get negged because it's Gavin McInnes, but the research is covered in the video.  Dig deeper on your own.  

You're not getting negged because it's Gavin McInnes. You're getting negged for considering YouTube videos "research."

take the loss, pussies. 

Is that what you think this is? A sporting event? A game? "Us vs them?" Dude, we are all in this mess together, and Trump is not on your side, or is he on America's side. He is only on his own side, and nothing about what is good for Trump is going to be good for you, unless you happen to be one of the many people who somehow manages to get into his graces for three months before he tosses you into the garbage.

Be better. Because if you can't, America will get worse. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Is that what you think this is? A sporting event? A game? "Us vs them?" Dude, we are all in this mess together, and Trump is not on your side, or is he on America's side. He is only on his own side, and nothing about what is good for Trump is going to be good for you, unless you happen to be one of the many people who somehow manages to get into his graces for three months before he tosses you into the garbage.

Be better. Because if you can't, America will get worse. 

waaaaayyy......wayyyyyyy to late.

I had this message here for years and "prosecutorial discretion" and "if you don't like it, get more people to vote for your side, pusssy" were bandied about to the absolute glee of posters like Jimmyjazz and Wildcat......

self reflection is a mother fucker.....I get that.....sorry it sucks for them, but this is a boat  race to the bottom now and they didn't care and now I certainly don't.....burn this bitch down..but don't act sanctimonious while lighting the match. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Explain to me what a "superdelegate" is, and contrast the role of "superdelegates" in Democratic party primaries to their absence in the GOP primary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Bernie lost the primary. It is simple. He didn't get enough votes. He wasn't blocked. He lost. 

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Her primary flaw is a lack of charisma, which is the prime requisite of a politician.

Furthermore, she came to power on the coattails of her husband, revealed herself when she stood beside him when any self-respecting woman should have dumped him,

Bernie bros have a bad rep for this kind of stuff.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

yep...right on schedule....you show your complete ass for 450 pages on this thread alone...completely wrong and exposed, personally, as being the problem and the reason for the discord...and the personal attacks begin.

wanna know how you've lost?

other than, you know, you keep adovacting a losing positon?

you argumentative skills suck and you are kind of a piece shit for attacking opposing view points in that way.  

I would say "disappointing"...but it's really not.  It's acually completely expected.

Your views suck, you are out of touch and your have ruined both parties with your adovcacy and made Trump our President, and you are going to to it again, you compelte fucking moron. 

Sounds like another hellacious day fishing on Lake Georgetown.

solid work 

expected at this point and mostly popular with those of you who band together and who's dialogue completely insidious to the country a the common good.... but lowest case denominator lobbing of insults has always been your popular shtick here with the with the libtard pom pom crew... thanks for ruining the county, asshole 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just curious, why the deeply personal assault? 

Have you not read any of his ravings? They read like they’re from a man who wants to kill a bunch of us. Or, probably more accurately, he wants his dear leader to kill a bunch of us, while he watches and shouts at us about how we made him do it.

1 hour ago, troph said:

dimocrats and libertards, maga whoop whoop, she should have secured her emails she gets what she deserves, bitches be crazy. grab em by the pussy.  bwehahahaha.  putin is a baller and so am I.  sore losers!  Big L on your forehead hahaha tears, save them in a bottle you snowflake queerbirds.  catch me if you can, but you can't.  witch hunt, total exoneration.  greatest victory of all time.  mexico paid for it.  no Russian ties, I know no one in russia. maga, POTUSMAGAFOREVER!  boom mic drop. yeah.  pnowned.

What's sad is after they dump Trump in a few years they'll be right back to preaching to us about family Christian values and gov't norms. They literally have no shame. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm not convinced Tom isn't a bot. His posts seem to be a collection or words hurled together into a semi-coherent rant. It's like they made a bot read all the posts at Texags and then come here and try to post something political.

No, Tom’s been around a long time.

44 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

prove it to whom, Hobbes?   You.....You the team who went full bore with this soley upon what you "wanted to happen?"

stacked a "special prosecution" with your target's political opponents as "investigators?"

allowed nothing else to move through Congress while your assinine "investigation" took forever to reveal what any unbiased observer KNEW what it would reveal?

Now...you want more "proof" that you can ignore as you have done since this thing has started.?   You want to repeat the same exercise that has gotten you, politcally, right where you are now....cuz this time, damn it....this tiime I can really mean it ....and hurl personal insults as a way of deflection and snarkiness, protected fully by the left wing moderation of this forum on this site.

Fuck you Hobbes...you are a smart sumbitch but your are fucking wrong here. 

Jimmy Jazz...you are just a hypocritical race baiting dick. 

So you just made up a bunch of shit and then when asked to provide evidence. Sounds about right.

34 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

self reflection is a mother fucker.....I get that.....sorry it sucks for them, but this is a boat  race to the bottom now and they didn't care and now I certainly don't.....burn this bitch down..but don't act sanctimonious while lighting the match. 

Really? That's your point of view? You want to burn down America? So you don't really want to Make America Great Again, you want to Make America Garbage Again? You really want this?

giphy.gif

No wonder y'all have sided with the Russians. No wonder.

Remember when the GOP was the party that fought Russia? That tried to be better than they were? That's the GOP I want back.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Bernie lost the primary. It is simple. He didn't get enough votes. He wasn't blocked. He lost. 

Bernie bros have a bad rep for this kind of stuff.  

You can quote Wikipedia, but can you understand the concept?

Also: I'm not a Bernie Bro. Grow up. Be better.

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You can quote Wikipedia, but can you understand the concept?

Also: I'm not a Bernie Bro. Grow up. Be better.

Bernie lost the primary because he got fewer votes. Not because of super delegates or because anything was rigged. More people voted for HRC than for Bernie.

20 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

solid work 

expected at this point and mostly popular with those of you who band together and who's dialogue completely insidious to the country a the common good.... but lowest case denominator lobbing of insults has always been your popular shtick here with the with the libtard pom pom crew... thanks for ruining the county, asshole 

Got damn Tom.  You know me.  I’m no liberal commie pinko bastard.  But I definitely see A LOT of issues with the President in that report.  Not some nothingburger, brother.  

• Like 1