The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

dumb question amnesty alert - mueller still works for the doj, yes?  what's his role there?  wasn't it thought that he was going to bounce once the report was done?  i know trump is saying whether mueller testifies will be barr's call - as attorney general, but if he wants to testify, can't he just leave his job?  it's not like it's a long term situation anyway.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I thought I saw a news blurb a few days ago claiming Mueller was about to resign.

lulz you can't trust msm #fakenews hoax blurbs.

seriously though, i thought that was always the case.  i'm just wondering what he's doing there.  waiting for his health insurance to kick in?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

dumb question amnesty alert - mueller still works for the doj, yes?  what's his role there?  wasn't it thought that he was going to bounce once the report was done?  i know trump is saying whether mueller testifies will be barr's call - as attorney general, but if he wants to testify, can't he just leave his job?  it's not like it's a long term situation anyway.

These are actually very important questions. 

I said months ago the person most to watch was Rosenstein and something like, “the shit should hit the fan just after his last day.”

Tomorrow is Rod Rosenstein’s last day.  

What I didn’t see coming was Mueller outlasting Rosenstein at DOJ.

My new analysis is Mueller has unfinished business and it could be counterintelligence related. 

The important thing to remember is the biggest counterintelligence investigation in US history is likely still ongoing while Mueller is on the clock. 

Operation Crossfire Hurricane was how this whole thing got started and it probably hasn’t ended.  Also, pay attention to the intelligence committees in Congress. 

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lulz you can't trust msm #fakenews hoax blurbs.

seriously though, i thought that was always the case.  i'm just wondering what he's doing there.  waiting for his health insurance to kick in?

IANAL and don't know how this shit works so take this comment for what it's worth, but maybe he's hanging on to play some sort of role I don't understand in the other 14 spin-off investigations like an internal project manager or something.

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

IANAL and don't know how this shit works so take this comment for what it's worth, but maybe he's hanging on to play some sort of role I don't understand in the other 14 spin-off investigations like an internal project manager or something.

maybe.  but wasn't the whole point is that those investigations were being handled by other entities (like sdny)?  i'm sure mueller will make himself (and the underlying evidence barr never looked at) available, but he wouldn't need to be chilling at the doj to do that.

seems like he would want to get out from under barr's thumb with the quickness.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe.  but wasn't the whole point is that those investigations were being handled by other entities (like sdny)?  i'm sure mueller will make himself (and the underlying evidence barr never looked at) available, but he wouldn't need to be chilling at the doj to do that.

I assumed he would've been gone by now too but, again, I don't understand how DOJ investigations work. In fact, I'm not sure I was even aware he was technically "on the payroll" during the investigation. I thought his relationship with the DOJ was something akin to that of a contractor.

i don't know, i've never seen that before.

i finally mastered separating multi-quotes from the same person and having my text not appear locked into someone else's quote so i got my own shit going on over here.

Edited by henrygandorf
re:bolverk's borkage

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

I feel like a broken record but the Russia investigation was a counterintelligence investigation first and a criminal investigation second.  

The Mueller Report is a document on ONLY the criminal side of the Russia investigation.  

Those 14 other unknown investigations referred are all CRIMINAL investigations and they were all likely farmed or being farmed out to other offices like the SDNY, EDVA, etc.

Any remaining COUNTERINTELLIGENCE investigations are going to be handled by a very select group of people in the intelligence community (like Mueller and his own internal FBI squad), overseen by the gang of eight and the congressional intelligence committees.  Even people like Wray and Barr are probably keeping their distance from those, or they should be.

However, the downside to counterintelligence investigations is we will likely see nothing of substance develop for years because of the way counterintelligence investigations work. 

If you want to learn more about how counterintelligence investigations work, read up on Operation Ghost Stories. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The site's borkage isn't allowing me to edit so I'll post again. Why am I the only one that always gets a weird number inserted into a post whenever I make a slight alteration to a quote? 

I get it sometimes too.

So, the House Intelligence Committee needs to subpoena Don JR ASAP.

What’s going to happen here is Don Jr and his attorney are going to pull the same shit they did with Mueller. 

”My client will be pleading the 5th across the board to all questions so you might as well withdraw the subpoena so you don’t have to waste everyone’s time.”

Chairman Burr will probably do just that because he’s a Trump team player. 

However, if Adam Schiff subpoenas Don Jr., he can be compelled to answer or plea the 5th on live television, unless he wants to be held in contempt of Congress. 

I’m not sure if Schiff/Pelosi have the balls to do that but they could. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So, the House Intelligence Committee needs to subpoena Don JR ASAP.

What’s going to happen here is Don Jr and his attorney are going to pull the same shit they did with Mueller. 

”My client will be pleading the 5th across the board to all questions so you might as well withdraw the subpoena so you don’t have to waste everyone’s time.”

Chairman Burr will probably do just that because he’s a Trump team player. 

However, if Adam Schiff subpoenas Don Jr., he can be compelled to answer or plea the 5th on live television, unless he wants to be held in contempt of Congress. 

I’m not sure if Schiff/Pelosi have the balls to do that but they could. 

Package deal...

...seems like a very smart idea.  It speaks to the bigger sweeping problem of obstruction and undermining, and  diminishes anticipated claims of singling out people as political "hit jobs."  Again, smart and methodical, with an eye on understanding timing and how much will ultimately run through the courts.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's not every day that a special counsel lays out, in detail, felonious activity on the part of a sitting president.

It's also not this millenium.

lol_george_takei.gif

My GIF is a tell. It tells that I'm laughing at you.

Edited by Thetexashammer

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These are actually very important questions. 

I said months ago the person most to watch was Rosenstein and something like, “the shit should hit the fan just after his last day.”

Tomorrow is Rod Rosenstein’s last day.  

What I didn’t see coming was Mueller outlasting Rosenstein at DOJ.

My new analysis is Mueller has unfinished business and it could be counterintelligence related. 

The important thing to remember is the biggest counterintelligence investigation in US history is likely still ongoing while Mueller is on the clock. 

Operation Crossfire Hurricane was how this whole thing got started and it probably hasn’t ended.  Also, pay attention to the intelligence committees in Congress. 

Well we might need a special counsel to investigate Biden's Ukranian ties.  I would like Mueller to assemble a team of R donors including the former lawyer for the Trump foundation.  Julliani can supervise. At least that way the Ds will cry for the release of the unredacted warrant application.

7 hours ago, bolverk said:

The site's borkage isn't allowing me to edit so I'll post again. Why am I the only one that always gets a weird number inserted into a post whenever I make a slight alteration to a quote?

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

Well we might need a special counsel to investigate Biden's Ukranian ties.  I would like Mueller to assemble a team of R donors including the former lawyer for the Trump foundation.  Julliani can supervise. At least that way the Ds will cry for the release of the unredacted warrant application.

Your mind is so fucking warped that you think Mueller is the same as Giuliani? You guys are like a tag team of fucking morons. One of you posts stupid shit for a while and then tags out so someone else can take your place.
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your mind is so fucking warped that you think Mueller is the same as Giuliani? You guys are like a tag team of fucking morons. One of you posts stupid shit for a while and then tags out so someone else can take your place.

It's a parody of what your deep state butt buddies already did Mr Stewart.  There just aren't any donkeys who will defend your own side anymore. 

"Take the loss, pussies" was the funniest thing when Sam said it to OU's QB.

Unfortunately, TTomTerrific has ruined that phrase forever by repeating it 94568765 times in this thread and I fear he's not done.  

Maybe he doesn't remember he's already said it a couple dozen times.  Who knows?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Unfortunately, TTomTerrific has ruined that phrase forever by repeating it 94568765 times in this thread and I fear he's not done.  

Maybe he doesn't remember he's already said it a couple dozen times.  Who knows?

In Ttom's case, he's probably quoting Trump's accountant.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I’m betting he doesn’t remember a very high percentage of what he posts the next day. 

• Like 1