The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Where?  Here?  I've listed hundreds of things I disagree with.

Look, I've done something you haven't.  I've laid out my position affirmatively.  All you do is take pot shots, usually uninformed potshots at my positions. 

You don't understand what they are.  You make up positions I don't have.  Everybody can read my positions.  If they care they understand what I say.  I'm fine if they disagree.  The fact that you don't understand what I've written (many hundreds of times over twenty plus years of Horn board posting) is your problem not mine.

Yes, I am the only who is pointing out your utter hypocrisy.  Right.

Traitor.

13 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I do not believe that is happening.  I think there are actors in the GOP who are guilty of your charge.  That is what Trump is doing and he has some supporters.    I think the GOP as a whole is working to ensure that Mueller stays on the job.  Mueller IS staying on the job.  Rosenstein is staying on the job.  I'll bet the House that Trump has been warned, politely and behind the scenes that if he tries to materially obstruct the investigation that he will regret it.  I think that's the right position.  They're just going to have to live with Trump yammering.

And yet the Republicans who have power in Congress, like oh...say the Senate Majority Leader, are making sure that things like legislation to protect Mueller will never hit the floor, while other Republicans in important positions are trying to help Trump and are working against Mueller.  

From the NBC Cohen wiretap newsbreak:

After the raid, members of Trump's legal team advised the president not to speak to Cohen, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Two sources close to Trump's newest attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, say he learned that days after the raid the president had made a call to Cohen, and told Trump never to call again out of concern the call was being recorded by prosecutors.

They advise Trump ad infinitum to knock off the shitter tweets.  They advise him to not talk to Cohen after the raid.   doop de doo.

With it being a re-election year, there would be a veto override. It would give all Rs ability to say they broke with Trump and stand for rule of law. But he would never have the balls to veto that bill - which is why McConnell isn’t allowing it to come for a vote 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No you won't.  I'll bet you dollars to your delivered donuts that you'll be on here posting, nonchalantly, about how that means there was obviously nothing there, and thus we need to let Trump get along with the business of making America great again.  And you'll definitely be doing something outside of this board -- delivering donuts, supporting your local sycophants who successfully conspired to thwart the rule of law.

You aren't even a good liar. 

Wrong again my friend. Tahoe has already drafted a strongly worded letter complaining to his republican congressman if mueller is fired to which he respectfully requests a reply from his representative in Congress within 30 days. He’s even got a stamp ready to go. 

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If Republican leadership got behind it, the special counsel bill would have a veto proof majority.

I feel like people aren't fully grasping the age we are currently living in.

100% of congress could pass this bill, and the President could still fire Mueller.  He then would just order his lackeys on Fox News to defend the move, and 40% of the country would suddenly believe this was necessary and not give a fuck about a "veto-proof majority."

For rules to exist there need to be consequences that get enforced.  As has been shown lately, there are no rules.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

With it being a re-election year, there would be a veto override. It would give all Rs ability to say they broke with Trump and stand for rule of law. But he would never have the balls to veto that bill - which is why McConnell isn’t allowing it to come for a vote 

Most Rs are in districts full of Rs.  Showing they pushed back against Trump would get them killed.  

Mueller getting fired works in the democrats favor and the investigation doesn’t go away with Mueller getting terminated.

Rosenstein needs more protection than Mueller because if he gets replaced, a stooge could seriously hamstring the Mueller investigation.

I personally think none of this shit matters because the central investigation is a lot closer to wrapping up than most think.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Most Rs are in districts full of Rs.  Showing they pushed back against Trump would get them killed.  

Then do the honorable thing, and die for your fucking country.

I thought that's what patriots did.  Or at least, they used to.  Fantastic.  The GOP has managed to completely change the definition of "Patriot" to "someone who's too gutless a coward and too worried about their own cushy political position to do a single goddamn thing in the interest of the country."  Fascinating.

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I don’t think that’s the way things will go in November. This board has already discussed how suburban whites are trending Dem. Those gerrymandered districts might not be on lockdown 

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

From the NBC Cohen wiretap newsbreak:

After the raid, members of Trump's legal team advised the president not to speak to Cohen, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Two sources close to Trump's newest attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, say he learned that days after the raid the president had made a call to Cohen, and told Trump never to call again out of concern the call was being recorded by prosecutors.

They advise Trump ad infinitum to knock off the shitter tweets.  They advise him to not talk to Cohen after the raid.   doop de doo.

If Trump didn't care to heed the advice post-raid on a Cohen wiretap of unknown duration, I'll go out on a limb and suggest he knows he's fucked based on previous conversations with his fixer. 

Trump on tape, ladies and gentlemen, with a man playing a central role in negotiating with Russians throughout this whole affair.

McConnell's objective is to keep Mueller on the job, not to embarrass Trump or fight with him.  It also isn't to put GOP Senators in a tough spot.  Voting on a bill to protect Mueller would cost a number of GOP Senators their seat.  Why would McConnell do that?  It's one thing to have that vote if the country needs it.  If Trump were to fire Mueller then Congress would need to reinstate him.  But there's no reason to walk the plank unless it's needed.  You can be sure that McConnell has explained to Trump that he'll have problems if he fires Mueller.  That doesn't mean Trump won't fire him but ...

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Which is why the rank and file Republican voters are ultimately to blame. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Which is why the rank and file Republican voters are ultimately to blame. 

Bingo.  These elected leaders need to do their fucking job and LEAD instead of placating their brain dead constituents.  Get our in your district, hold town halls explaining what’s important to you and what should be important to all Americans.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

How exactly does Congress "reinstate" a fired Mueller?  More specifically, how exactly does THIS Congress "reinstate" a fired Mueller?

They don't.  They get in line, because of the courage present among GOP leadership is too small to even be detected by an electron microscope.

I formally make a motion that we change the colors associated with the parties.  They should no longer be Blue states or Red states.  Blue states and Yellow states from now on.

cowards.png

5 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

McConnell's objective is to keep Mueller on the job, not to embarrass Trump or fight with him.  It also isn't to put GOP Senators in a tough spot.  Voting on a bill to protect Mueller would cost a number of GOP Senators their seat.  Why would McConnell do that?  It's one thing to have that vote if the country needs it.  If Trump were to fire Mueller then Congress would need to reinstate him.  But there's no reason to walk the plank unless it's needed.  You can be sure that McConnell has explained to Trump that he'll have problems if he fires Mueller.  That doesn't mean Trump won't fire him but ...

Yes, I'm sure that the same senators who are too chickenshit (by your own admission) to even vote on this bill will jump all over the opportunity to openly defy the President after he fires Mueller.  Solid analysis.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then do the honorable thing, and die for your fucking country.

If you're going to die, die storming the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944 so others can invade.  Don't die on the beaches in December 1941 storming the beach by yourself for no good reason.

For the 100th time choose the time and place of your fight.

2 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

If you're going to die, die storming the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944 so others can invade.  Don't die on the beaches in December 1941 storming the beach by yourself for no good reason.

Serious question:

What does the GOP offer the average American that’s worth fighting for?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

You forgot to mention another important thing to choose with respect to a fight: the right side.

Easy thing for a modern GOP fanboy to miss, I get it.

Your boys are already fighting.  They're in the pillboxes taking potshots at the allies.  All the defenses you've mounted for that amount to (1) well, not ALL of them are, and (2) they're really bad shots.

Whatever.  I hope they all get fucking wiped off the map come June 6th of '44. 

Edited by Brisketexan

Hey, look what I found!  An old picture of Tahoe, explaining to the allied leaders that he was just waiting for EXACTLY the right time to do the right thing, and he totally would have done the right thing, too, if they'd given him a bit more time before they invaded and shit.

NaziConcentrationCamp.gif

Edited by Brisketexan

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They don't.  They get in line, because of the courage present among GOP leadership is too small to even be detected by an electron microscope.

I predict you will be just as wrong about this as you were about Roy Moore.  Roy Moore went down when GOP stalwarts like me and Senator Shelby (note the implied equivalence ;) ) wrote in a GOP person instead of voting for Moore.  Had we voted for Moore he's be Senator.  Note also that Moore had essentially no national support.  The RNC pulled out the day after I met with them.  The GOP Senators gave him the cold shoulder and discussed ethics hearings to toss him.  Your dystopian view of the GOP was 100% wrong there.

For the 101st time these guys are smarter than you about when to fight.  They play to win, not throw tantrums to no effect.

8 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Except the GOP is King Edward, had he not abdicated.   Feeding intel to the Germans and trying to convince people to work with them.

Just now, TahoeHorn said:

I predict you will be just as wrong about this as you were about Roy Moore.  Roy Moore went down when GOP stalwarts like me and Senator Shelby (note the implied equivalence ;) ) wrote in a GOP person instead of voting for Moore.  Had we voted for Moore he's be Senator.  Note also that Moore had essentially no national support.  The RNC pulled out the day after I met with them.  The GOP Senators gave him the cold shoulder and discussed ethics hearings to toss him.  Your dystopian view of the GOP was 100% wrong there.

For the 101st time these guys are smarter than you about when to fight.  They play to win, not throw tantrums to no effect.

It was wrong by -- literally -- a handful of votes.  It was right by SIX HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND FUCKING VOTES. 

Only you could claim that the GOP achieved some sort of moral high ground by BARELY -- by 2% -- avoided electing a lying pedophile who openly flouted the law.  THAT is your fucking high ground?  THAT'S where you wanna plant your flag?

Holy shit.  I'd say y'all have hit rock-bottom...but I know you haven't.  You're still in utter freefall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Serious question:

What does the GOP offer the average American that’s worth fighting for?

Serious answer.  The GOP is about 65 million people, not elected officials or party people.  These 65MM people all have their own ideas of why they choose to ally with the other folks, and what they want.  Usually it's because they think they can get what they want better by allying with that 65 million than the other 65 million.

2 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

They play to win, not throw tantrums to no effect.

Win what?

Keep their seat.  That's the only "win" they care about.  Full stop.

They aren't fighting FOR this Republic, they're fighting AGAINST IT (yes, that's what they are doing -- again, they are NOT neutrals here), for one thing, and one thing only -- to hold onto power.

You've chosen your side at Normandy.  I for one am looking forward to the naval bombardment followed by the B-24s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Serious answer.  The GOP is about 65 million people, not elected officials or party people.  These 65MM people all have their own ideas of why they choose to ally with the other folks, and what they want.  Usually it's because they think they can get what they want better by allying with that 65 million than the other 65 million.

So absolutely fucking nothing.

Great answer.

Roy Moore as an example of Republicans doing the right thing is laughable.  Republicans dropped him when they thought they could force him out and run a different R, purely because they thought he'd hurt their image nationally when he won.   When that failed they went all in supporting him again, and he got 90% of the Republican vote with no decrease in R turnout.  It was independents and black women that flipped the election. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Did you really already forget that the RNC realigned with Moore the week before the election?  Or are you just blatantly lying with hope that we forgot?

haha, for real. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/with-trumps-support-moore-could-gain-influence-in-washington/2017/12/04/02da209c-d917-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.73c2710911f8

President Trump led an aggressive charge Monday on behalf of embattled Senate nominee Roy Moore, with the Republican National Committee rejoining Moore's side in Alabama weeks after cutting ties with him following allegations of sexual misconduct.

Before dawn, Trump took to Twitter to declare his strongest support yet for Moore. By day's end, the RNC was back in his corner and America First Action, a pro-Trump group, said it would spend $1.1 million to try to push Moore across the finish line.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

No, see, that tells us that the GOP is good guys.  See, they TRIED to do the shitty thing, but they FAILED.  So that means they did the RIGHT THING. How many times do we have to explain it to you?  SHEESH.

14 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

On July 10th, USA vs. Paul Manafort Jr.:

if read correctly, 35 witnesses subpoenaed to testify.  I dunno, seems like a lot.

DcSw_5AX0AAgYGx.jpg

It is, but you can be reasonably certain that not all of them will actually testify.  But there will also be some, as in FBI agents, that will testify but will not be subpoenaed.

30 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Why are you spewing untruths here? Or are you self-deluding so you can look in the mirror? Your write in bullshit doesn't/didn't  fool anyone. 

In your attempt to keep the party in power that adheres to your values, you've lost them. Sad.

Roy Moore lost in Alabama.  Fact.  In ALABAMA.  The slot machine had to have seven cherries and it got seven cherries.   One of the cherries was people like Senator McConnell, Senator Shelby and me saying "I'm out of here".  There were six other cherries on the slot dial.  But Jones needed all seven to win.  And a number of you were quite clear that the GOP would stand rock solid behind Moore.  They didn't.  And a lot of people who voted for Moore, and I mean a lot, were totally disgusted.

In summary, your reading of the GOP was WRONG.

People everywhere have a sense of what disgusts them.  The standard isn't incredibly different.  If your next door neighbor who has been your buddy for ten years lies under oath for having sex with an inter, he's probably still your buddy.  If he was laundering millions of Russian mob money he isn't.  You cut ties.  If Trump did something which would cause you to cut ties with your long-time buddy if he did it, then Trump will get tossed.  I believe that.  Diddling 14 year old girls 35 years ago will cause you to cut ties.  Bragging about sexual conquests won't.  You know the list.  Most things are clear.

I believe that the GOP will dump Trump if he did something which disgusts the average American - something that would cause you to cut ties with your fishing buddy.

Of course I'd think running off and leaving a girl to drown would have disgusted the people of Massachusetts.  It didn't.  So maybe people are not as I think.  We'll see.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i Hope Manafort dies in prison.  I think he will.  You can’t stick your fingers in your ear in a federal trial.  He’s going to look like Aldrich Ames when they go through the evidence and no jury will put up with that. 

If you thought the Manafort indictments were damning, just wait and seeing everything they hit Micheal Cohen with if he doesn’t flip.

but I think he flips.

4 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Roy Moore lost in Alabama.  Fact.  In ALABAMA.  The slot machine had to have seven cherries and it got seven cherries.   One of the cherries was people like Senator McConnell, Senator Shelby and me saying "I'm out of here".  There were six other cherries on the slot dial.  But Jones needed all seven to win.  And a number of you were quite clear that the GOP would stand rock solid behind Moore.  They didn't.  And a lot of people who voted for Moore, and I mean a lot, were totally disgusted.

In summary, your reading of the GOP was WRONG.

People everywhere have a sense of what disgusts them.  The standard isn't incredibly different.  If your next door neighbor who has been your buddy for ten years lies under oath for having sex with an inter, he's probably still your buddy.  If he was laundering millions of Russian mob money he isn't.  You cut ties.  If Trump did something which would cause you to cut ties with your long-time buddy if he did it, then Trump will get tossed.  I believe that.  Diddling 14 year old girls 35 years ago will cause you to cut ties.  Bragging about sexual conquests won't.  You know the list.  Most things are clear.

I believe that the GOP will dump Trump if he did something which disgusts the average American - something that would cause you to cut ties with your fishing buddy.

Of course I'd think running off and leaving a girl to drown would have disgusted the people of Massachusetts.  It didn't.  So maybe people are not as I think.  We'll see.

"I only robbed, assaulted, and raped the victim, your honor.  But I did NOT murder her, like many thought I would.  Your assessment that I am a bad person is WRONG."

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It was wrong by -- literally -- a handful of votes.  It was right by SIX HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND FUCKING VOTES. 

Only you could claim that the GOP achieved some sort of moral high ground by BARELY -- by 2% -- avoided electing a lying pedophile who openly flouted the law.  THAT is your fucking high ground?  THAT'S where you wanna plant your flag?

Holy shit.  I'd say y'all have hit rock-bottom...but I know you haven't.  You're still in utter freefall.

fucking all of this. well said.