The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

My hope is that after Mueller testifies, the Democrats hold a press conference and announce that instead of taking their summer recess, they'll be staying in Washington to hold hearings.

But I know that's not going to happen.

Probably because no one would pay attention. 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

A couple items that I would like to see addressed. These are largely secondary items related to Barr's interactions with Mueller, and veracity of Barr's testimony on a few matters related to some of the narratives that have been spun up wrt to the findings of the report, it's release to the public, and the lead up to the testimony?

1. Did you meet with AG Barr on March 5 to discuss your report?  At that meeting is the exchange described by AG Barr as following accurate: “But I will say that when we met with him — Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and I met with him, along with Ed O’Callaghan, who is the principal associate deputy on March 5th, we specifically asked him about the OLC opinion and whether or not he was taking the position that he would have found a crime but for the existence of the OLC opinion. And he made it very clear several times that that was not his position. He — he was not saying that but for the OLC opinion he would have found a crime; he made it clear that he had not made the determination that there was a crime.”  Do you care to correct the record if not, or provide additional clarification of what was communicated at that meeting?

2. At that meeting, did the AG also request that necessary redactions be marked by your team prior to submission of the full document, as he testified to congress?  He indicated that the failure of your team to execute on this request was responsible for a substantial portion of the delay in releasing the full report to the public. If that request was indeed communicated why did your team not honor that request?

3. Did you or your staff express an interest in limiting the scope of your testimony today to individuals at the DOJ, and specifically request that the AG write a letter limiting your scope in alignment with your expressed position?

These are all secondary issues, but get to some rightful concerns related to Barr's motives and handling of the report and testimony.

She's dead Jim.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tomorrow, funeral director Robert Mueller buries the United States of America in an open casket hearing. 

No scandal in US history even comes close to this one and half the country will never know it because the president and his allies spent two and a half years brainwashing the population. 

NarrowOblongChimpanzee-size_restricted.g

Edited by Thetexashammer

Uh yeah. I don’t think that mueller controls what the questioning during the two hearing is going to focus on. Perhaps those tweets are referring to what his opening statement during the two hearing are going to focus on. Which means that few west of the Mississippi will hear his statement on obstruction without the post hoc spin. 

Never understand the idea that no one in the Trump campaign colluded or conspired with Russians.  Isn’t that exactly what don jr, Kushner and manafort attempted to do with their trump tower meeting?  They failed but not because they rejected the collusion but rather the Russians weren’t producing enough dirt on Hillary.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, this isn't going to do shit.  Mueller won't vary or add any clarity.  This will be nothing but a grand-standing shit-fest. 

Yep. Why he didnt want to do it. 

Edited by Anastasis

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Never understand the idea that no one in the Trump campaign colluded or conspired with Russians.  Isn’t that exactly what don jr, Kushner and manafort attempted to do with their trump tower meeting?  They failed but not because they rejected the collusion but rather the Russians weren’t producing enough dirt on Hillary.

That was collusion, pure and simple. They're not charged with conspiracy because Mueller ruled that Don Jr. didn't know that what he was doing was wrong. (Even though the FBI had already warned the campaign about Russia's intent to interfere.)

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

That was a good sound bite...does your report totally exonerate the president?  ‘No’

I think he needs a little more meat to the soundbite to resonate, but maybe you are right.  The American people may digest yes/no better. 

So, essentially, this will be Mueller Report Story Time.  Dems reading excerpts of the report and getting Mueller to confirm the statements.  Basically, the Cliff's Notes version for the masses.  

‘MURICA!!!

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, essentially, this will be Mueller Report Story Time.  Dems reading excerpts of the report and getting Mueller to confirm the statements.  Basically, the Cliff's Notes version for the masses.  

Uh, yes!