The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't get a clear feeling the question about charging POTUS after he leaves office was referring to this specific POTUS or more of a hypothetical.

I agree, i think Mueller thought he was answering it as a hypothetical but the question was "the President" not "a President" so in effect, he was answering it about Trump.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

It's not really partisan. It's a simple question that is all that really needs to be asked. You don't need any of the rest of this shitshow. Just one yes/no question. 

"We understand that a sitting President can not be indicted while in office.  Given the results of the investigation, would Trump have been indicted for obstruction of justice had he not been in office?"

If yes, start impeachment proceedings.  If no, give it up and wait for Trump to go down on fraud charges in NY in 2021. Or impeach based on those charges if you want to. 

And if "I can't get into that?" 

1 minute ago, sachick said:

I agree, i think Mueller thought he was answering it as a hypothetical but the question was "the President" not "a President" so in effect, he was answering it about Trump.

I think it's clear that Robert Mueller thinks Donald Trump broke the law that the only reason he didn't indict him is because he's currently president.

That should be enough to start impeachment proceedings.

• Like 2

the attempt to discredit him is a bad strategy. i don't know what a good strategy for republicans on the committee might be, but it ain't being adversarial and accusing mueller of partisanship, when he basically did a huge limbo on indicting the president, and, in fact, did your party a favor by not even mentioning impeachment. you dumb fucks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

initial thoughts: 

republicans going full on histrionic junkyard dog against mueller is an extremely bad look. i especially think the not-so-veiled accusations of partisanship are clearly aimed at donald j trump and his 12 ANGRY DEMOCRATS tweets, and i think that will be to the shame of their legacy. they could actually move the questioning away from trump toward russia and actually look somewhat patriotic while somewhat cleverly steering the testimony away from trump. 

instead they are all in on strojk ,or however you spell his name.

but hoo boy, did louie gohmert fucking deliver with his spreading feces on the walls act. so did jim jordan and matt gaetz. what a selection of fucking clowns.

Oh I tell my friends I can’t wait to read the wiki articles on this decade in politics in a few years. History is the ultimate judge and while I understand how they pander to their base, I truly believe republican strategy, claims and behaviors will come off with a Nixon-like stench that will be the subject of a lot of material.  

Just now, David Dennison said:

I think it's clear that Robert Mueller thinks Donald Trump broke the law that the only reason he didn't indict him is because he's currently president.

That should be enough to start impeachment proceedings.

Oh I think it's obvious he does.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

WTF Bob.  Did you interview the guy or not?

Let's say Mueller did interview Kilimnik but Putin didn't know about it, do you think it would be a good idea to confirm the interview happened?

It gets dicey when you're talking about interactions with GRU intelligence officers currently inside Russia.  

Just now, hayden_horn said:

the attempt to discredit him is a bad strategy. i don't know what a good strategy for republicans on the committee might be, but it ain't being adversarial and accusing mueller of partisanship, when he basically did a huge limbo on indicting the president, and, in fact, did your party a favor by not even mentioning impeachment. you dumb fucks. 

They have no choice but to play the Fox News and talk radio talking points. It's all their base has been fed for two years about the report.  If they had an ounce of integrity they would help the dems prove up obstruction, but since they don't we get the clown show. 

• Like 1

Just now, deech said:

They have no choice but to play the Fox News and talk radio talking points. It's all their base has been fed for two years about the report.  If they had an ounce of integrity they would help the dems prove up obstruction, but since they don't we get the clown show. 

Yep.  They played themselves into this approach. 

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Sir, your investigation and report did NOT result in my client being charged with a crime or removed from office.   Isn't it true that your investigation was poorly conducted, biased and should be disregarded... wait what??

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Have the Dems asked about whether, if not for the obstruction, there might have been evidence to prove the conspiracy?  

if they have, and maybe they have, this isn't confirmation, i can confidently tell you that mueller would answer "i'm not going to speculate" or "i'm not going to get into that."

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

if they have, and maybe they have, this isn't confirmation, i can confidently tell you that mueller would answer "i'm not going to speculate" or "i'm not going to get into that."

He would have because it's in the report:

"In an important but somewhat overlooked passage, the Mueller report states that in light of these “identified gaps,” in the evidence, “the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report.” 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1