The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Anastasis said:

AL's questions regarding the process behind the report and related events were appropriate and fair imo, and directly address much of the narrative that has been pushed regarding Barr/Mueller interactions. He punted on all of them. 

He said at the outset that he had to because the president invoked executive privilege and Barr's letter this week instructed him not to answer anything of that nature. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

One thing is becoming clear.

This isn't the end of any of this.

And A&M just runs out of time and will win the National Championship sometime this century.

I think the Dems lost the chance to make this matter when they didn't move to impeach two weeks after reading the goddamn report.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

And A&M just runs out of time and will win the National Championship sometime this century.

I think the Dems lost the chance to make this matter when they didn't move to impeach two weeks after reading the goddamn report.

It's pretty clear they were pinning their hopes on Mueller doing their jobs for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I know you’re trolling and doing a bit, but the fact that the sitting President could be indicted the minute he leaves office for acts completed *while President* is a big fucking deal. 

Don’t engage that fuckstick, that phrase is posted a thousand times on this and TOS by a dozen people trolling. 

Just now, sachick said:

I think it's going ok. Dems just getting the report on tape for the news channels to run short clips. Repubs seem a bit unhinged just yelling and pontificating.

MSNBC gets their soundbites.  Fox gets their's.  And nothing changes politically wrt impeachment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sachick said:

I think it's going ok. Dems just getting the report on tape for the news channels to run short clips. Repubs seem a bit unhinged just yelling and pontificating.

someone has to protect Dear Leader

For someone who was exonerated and did nothing wrong, Trump and the Rs sure are acting like they are defending somoene who was not exonerated.  Dems strategy through all of this has been completely fubar and that continues through this clown show.  In sum, the President attempted to obstruct justice repeatedly.  Our Congress have their heads so far up there asses, nothing will happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Jim Jordan is skyrocketing up my list of least favorite people in Washington.  

His culpability in the Ohio State wrestling sexual abuse scandal should be enough for him to be on the top of that list regardless of you political affiliation.  He's a regular Art Briles/Joe Paterno. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

MSNBC gets their soundbites.  Fox gets their's.  And nothing changes politically wrt impeachment. 

Not right now, but investigations will continue through 2019 and into 2020. Those investigations may or may not damage a sitting president up for re-election.

Seems like Jordan got under Mueller's skin a bit there at the end.  Hopefully the Republicans keep this up all day, especially that part about the impeachable conduct that was raised at the beginning.  Maybe we can get one of those Carl Lee Hailey moments out of Mueller (although I'm not holding my breath)... 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Can someone explain "I take your question"  Google gives me nothing. People in the room got a good laugh out of it, but I am missing the reference. 

I could be wrong, but I took the phrase to mean, "I understand your question, though I will not be answering."  And the reason it was funny is because there was no question, just rambling, screaming pontification.   So he was mocking the questioner in the driest, most understated way possible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

His culpability in the Ohio State wrestling sexual abuse scandal should be enough for him to be on the top of that list regardless of you political affiliation.  He's a regular Art Briles/Joe Paterno. 

I posted this ~ noon yesterday.  How close did I get?  I'm not watching today.

Well, we know Gym Jordan won't wear his sportcoat, at least for long, and he'll probably roll up his sleeves, and he'll definitely act shocked and outraged at the injustice playing out in front of him.  And then he'll ignore over a hundred young men being sexually abused by an associate.

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Can someone explain "I take your question"  Google gives me nothing. People in the room got a good laugh out of it, but I am missing the reference. 

i was only listening on npr on my way in to the office, but, to me, it sounded like mueller was about to say that "[he] took issue with your implication" or something like that, but when the gavel went down, he just prevaricated in a bit of a dry, sarcastic way, highlighting that here was no question there at all.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I know you’re trolling and doing a bit, but the fact that the sitting President could be indicted the minute he leaves office for acts completed *while President* is a big fucking deal. 

so 2024 then?

• Haha 1