The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I had to jump on a call and missed it. 

8 cents on the yes at the moment.  I am riding that motherfucker in to the ground on the off chance of a fatigue slip during second round. 

no, man, it's a lost cause. the exchange went:

(D) rep from texas: are there consequences for a president that broke the law?" or something similarly direct....

mueller: "i just heard you say one."

(D) rep from texas: "impeachment?"

mueller: "that's one" or something to that effect.

this is all paraphrased from memory, but that was honestly your best chance, imo

Just now, hayden_horn said:

no, man, it's a lost cause. the exchange went:

(D) rep from texas: are there consequences for a president that broke the law?" or something similarly direct....

mueller: "i just heard you say one."

(D) rep from texas: "impeachment?"

mueller: "that's one" or something to that effect.

this is all paraphrased from memory, but that was honestly your best chance, imo

LOL.  That's fucking hilarious. 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, Zavala said:

Maybe they ask about Epstein

The Democrats are going to be doing the ripping. Guaranteed Mueller plays the Eric Holder game and doesn't know a whole lot.

Didn't he say his report is his testimony? Lol

couldn't remember which of the resident trumpkins threw me this softball.

i stand by all my spot-on predictions for the day.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

couldn't remember which of the resident trumpkins threw me this softball.

i stand by all my spot-on predictions for the day.

yeah, me too. i'd go back and quote it, but i think i was pretty spot fucking on.

however, we got more than i actually thought. so there is that.

Chuck Todd's intense concern for "optics"is precisely why he's dogshit as a journalist. He's unaware of why he sucks because he's so painfully focused on being liked and viewed as "the pragmatic one." He's so eager to establish this counterfeit image for himself that it makes him nervous when others deal strictly in reality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Chuck Todd goes full Chuck Todd.  

Once we’ve reached full blown fascism, Chuck Todd will question the optics of genocide and also question if the opponents to genocide are overplaying their hand. 

Chuck Todd echoed the opinions of a lot of posters on this board regarding how the Dems are handling this. That and his full beard I figured would have some heads exploding. You're hardly objective and I'm not sure wtf you're talking about. But from what I saw he was very critical of the Democrats' efforts. 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, henrygandorf said:

lullllllz.  you think the republicans are going to spend their 5 minutes praising him and the work he and his investigators did?

On 7/23/2019 at 9:05 AM, henrygandorf said:

there is no "fucking it up".  there's no "victory" either.

nothing will move the needle at this point.  those who give a shit already read the report.  those who don't, didn't, and won't care about the shit that gets said.  there will be no [new] bombshells being dropped tomorrow.

my hope is that they get mueller to go thru part 2 as thoroughly as he did in the report, and that it sparks a rash of irrational, unhinged tweets from trump and his top idiots.  then i hope that impeachment talk is rumored for weeks and months, so that trump has to constantly live in a state of paranoia and spends the next weeks/months shitting himself on twitter and repeating his nonsense to the gaggle.

i also hope the r's lay into him and attack his credibility (or the credibility of his investigators) during the hearing, just because i think that's a bad look.

@hayden_horn

these were my basic predictions, which you agreed with.  i think most of us with a sense of logic and reason correctly predicted what happened so far today.

i agree that there was more clarity with some of his yes/no questions, obviously in regard to olc and charging when he's out of office***

***saying they can charge him when he's out of office will ramp up his election corruption to 11 in order to win in 2020

• Like 1

starting lineup for the intel committee:

Majority Minority

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus, are they going to let the man at least have a sandwich or a hotdog before the next hearing?

You'd think he was quite sated after eating Lesko's lunch in front of the world. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, hayden_horn said:

mostly agree with gandorf. 

sheila jackson lee will grandstand. but then the republicans have louie gohmert on the judiciary, so....

it's basically going to be a double shitshow, first at the judiciary, then at the intelligence. at least ted lieu is on the judiciary. i will wait for his questioning with bated breath. 

i'm also eager to see how jim jordan and matt gaetz smear the wall with feces.

23 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

the problem here is that mueller is a hyper-intelligent, fairly reluctant witness. he will answer the questions asked, and offer no elaboration.  i'm not expecting any kind of blockbuster revelation. as a matter of fact, i expect him to repeat, verbatim, from the report in many answers. he's just not the type of person to go out colonel jessup style.

there will not be a

"did you want to indict the president?"

"i did the job i..."

"DID YOU WANT TO INDICT THE PRESIDENT?!"

"YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!"

moment.

it will be boring, and full of carefully crafted legal jargon. 

just my opinion.

haha @henrygandorf you helped me find my posts. i stand by pretty much everything there as well.

and i was right about gohmert, jordan and gaetz. fucking clowns. i did not hear sheila jackson lee that i can recall.

and i was right about ted lieu as well, i reckon. 

but i was wrong about it being boring. i thought it was fascinating, and that the democrats actually did a masterful job of staying on point in a coordinated message in a way they could not when doing things like the kavanaugh hearing, etc.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

@hayden_horn

these were my basic predictions, which you agreed with.  i think most of us with a sense of logic and reason correctly predicted what happened so far today.

i agree that there was more clarity with some of his yes/no questions, obviously in regard to olc and charging when he's out of office***

***saying they can charge him when he's out of office will ramp up his election corruption to 11 in order to win in 2020

and yes, you were spot on, even with your wish that the republicans trying to attack his credibility.

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Chuck Todd echoed the opinions of a lot of posters on this board regarding how the Dems are handling this. That and his full beard I figured would have some heads exploding. You're hardly objective and I'm not sure wtf you're talking about. But from what I saw he was very critical of the Democrats' efforts. 

The difference is we don’t have the luxury of a national platform like Chuck Todd.  Sure we can snipe criticism of optics and how this played politically but a person in Chuck Todd’s position should have the responsibility to convey the gravity of this situation to his audiences.  

Chuck Todd should be getting people’s attention on the BIG picture of what happened in the Russia investigation and what is happening.  He should at least appear to be more concerned about our President putting this entire country and the constitution at risk via his behavior in the investigation instead of wondering if the democrats had the right “optics”.  

Nope, just another bullshit day at the office for Chuck Todd as we continue our decent into the abyss.  

Again, forest/trees.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

lol Nunes showing his ass in his first sentence

haha, holy shit, the pandering is thick today. he's going to be the next acting director of something in this administration.

seriously, though, how can these dudes carry trump's shitbucket out of the white house every day and then look at themselves in the mirror? it really is all about re-election for them, isn't it?

i mean, the democrats aren't much better, but i have lost virtually all respect for anyone claiming to be a republican these days, and that's sad. louie gohmert from tyler is one thing. this is the ranking member of the fucking intelligence committee. jesus wept.

Just now, immortal13 said:

I think you're thinking about the dossier

The GOP overplays the relevance of the dossier. You just heard Nunes say that the Dems colluded with Russia during a hearing on how Russia meddled in the election and Trump tried to obstruct the investigation. 

I know people tire of the analogy, but like a lobster in a cold pot of water slowly heated to boiling, at some point people need to recognize where we are:  this is the birth of fascism in the United States.  Devin Nunes is a prime example.  Shitweasels like him will endorse anything Trump does and defend him at all costs, in the hopes of maintaining their position within the circle.  That's it.  They are not patriots, they are not American in any sense of the word.  They will get theirs, and I truly believe it will get very very ugly.  

• Like 5

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

The GOP overplays the relevance of the dossier. You just heard Nunes say that the Dems colluded with Russia during a hearing on how Russia meddled in the election and Trump tried to obstruct the investigation. 

Dems, including on this board, played it up big time until it was proven to be false

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I know people tire of the analogy, but like a lobster in a cold pot of water slowly heated to boiling, at some point people need to recognize where we are:  this is the birth of fascism in the United States.  Devin Nunes is a prime example.  Shitweasels like him will endorse anything Trump does and defend him at all costs, in the hopes of maintaining their position within the circle.  That's it.  They are not patriots, they are not American in any sense of the word.  They will get theirs, and I truly believe it will get very very ugly.  

Racist