The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

President Camacho is a true statesman compared to President Trump. He was incompetent, but gave a shit.  Trump is incompetent and doesn't give a shit.  We are already in a worse place. 

This.  Camacho would be step up.  The only way we could take a step further backward is if someone equally as horrid as the dotard, but actually intelligent, gets elected takes power.

15 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

So if the precedent of how Hilary was treated was cited in this case would you be pissed or happy?

Absolutely, if Barr came out in his press conference and blasted Trump extensively for his wrongful behavior that simply didn't rise to the level of criminality based on intent, after Trump had submitted personally to an investigatory interview to prove that and other aspects of the alleged crimes, I'd be extremely happy.   I'd be even happier if Trump went before Congress to testify under oath for 11 hours.   

But we don't live in that world.  Well, only for Trump we don't live in that world. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

If there was no conspiracy with the Russians by anyone in the campaign what was the purpose of Manafort giving internal campaign polling data to the Russians? 

And why did they all unanimously lie about over 100 interactions with Russian operatives? Why did the first hacked DNC email dump on Wikileaks come 30 minutes after the Access Hollywood "grab 'em by the pussy" tape was released? Why didn't they report it to the FBI when an offer of help from the Russian government was offered? Why did they take the meeting? Why did Kevin McCarthy state behind closed doors that he thought Trump was getting paid by the Russians?

It's all in plain sight. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, when donald trump junior met with russians about dirt on hillary, which we know about, because HE released those emails, that was not collusion?

these cockroaches are hiding in plain sight, yall

They have trained their base to accept any answer that supports their prejudice as a sufficient answer. It's the ascendence of sophistry. Or, maybe clown sophistry considering who is in charge of the circus.

Idiot world.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Ok cool, hook em.

If it were working, his numbers would be better. He would be getting more popular, especially in this economy. Instead, he's historically unpopular and looking at being a one term president.

This has been a drag on his presidency and has weakened him politically. He can't get anything done on the Hill and increasingly has to resort to questionable tactics to get anything done. After today, it's only going to get worse. The only thing protecting him is the office he holds. He's going to get more desperate in the coming months, not less. The 2016 campaign is going to look tame compared to his unhinged rants leading up to 2020. 

His actions are not the actions of a man who is winning the political battle.

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

When discussing the obstruction section the AG went out of his way to talk about how frustrated the president was about the investigation and how the president thought it was hurting his presidency. How Barr can know that I have no idea but it sounded like a weak excuse for whatever trump did. 

More likely  dotus was frustrated by the fact that most of his officials were getting indicted.

IV. Conclusion

Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we wer making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah I edited.  I'll let the pros handle it going forward.

It's still interesting.  I maintain that the Trump Tower meeting and Junior's dumbass email dump is the strongest evidence of collusion in the whole mess.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Quick take, seems like this confirms that the Trump campaign knowingly helped Russia throw the election to him.   Whether or not technically criminal, that should be impeachable and the biggest political scandal I can remember. 

Today is not a good day for the Trump administration.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Quick take, seems like this confirms that the Trump campaign knowingly helped Russia throw the election to him.   Whether or not technically criminal, that should be impeachable and the biggest political scandal I can remember. 

I think it's important to keep all of this straight . . . what's "this" you are referring to?  Specific statements within the report or more of a general vibe?

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Barr used the term "collusion" four times in his prepared remarks today.

Second fucking page of the report: "But collusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law."

Yep. Barr's a political actor, nothing more. 

• Like 2

Just now, Captainant said:

He said a "less redacted" report would be provided. Because apparently the gang of 8 can't handle highly classified materials?

It's without the grand jury stuff, which by law cannot be released.   No word though on whether Barr has asked the grand jury court for permission to release those materials, which he could easily do.