The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Cnn: from Giuliani, they are "ready to rumble" and have a 30 page rebuttal already created.

So Trump’s lawyers drafted a 30-page rebuttal to a report that completely exonerates him?  What does it say?  “No, I actually did collude?”

• Like 2

My skepticism of the Russian collusion delusion, going back quite a ways, has been based on the belief that the Trump campaign was not capable of coordinating with themselves much less with Russia intelligence in some grand conspiracy. I've been calling Page a Grade A fucking moron for as long as I remember, since I first saw him open his mouth. I believe that I said he devalued PhDs across the globe by virtue of his existence. And Stone a reckless buffoon. Manafort was the real exposure imo. Extended financially, trying to fend off some really bad people by puffing himself up, versed in the black arts.  I can quote posts back to 2017 basically verbatim on these points. But grab your #bothsides blanket and wrap up. 

You’ve also espoused the Nunes/Gym Jordan conspiracy theory of the FISA warrant being based on the “phony” dossier despite this being disproven repeatedly. You are just another hack trying to play the contrarian.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

You’ve also espoused the Nunes/Gym Jordan conspiracy theory of the FISA warrant being based on the “phony” dossier despite this being disproven repeatedly. You are just another hack trying to play the contrarian.

It's a couple pages back in my own words.

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

1) I don't think that the Trump campaign was capable of coordinating effectively amongst themselves, much less Russia intelligence wrt content development or micro targeting of Russian influence operations.  I think that it was amateur hour all around. 

2) I think that abuses of constitutional protections wrt American citizens took place during the initiation and conduct of the investigation. I think that the IG report will hopefully shed more light on these abuses, but I won't hold my breath. I do have concerns that political opposition research was inserted into the justice process and was used as a pivotal basis for FISA surveillance of American citizens. The numerous conflicts of interest are reason enough for concern.  But civil liberties and the surveillance state are of little concern apparently.  

3) I wouldn't use that exact formulation; however, I do believe that the intelligence apparatus of this country is corrupt and works to undermine democracy around the world and the US constitution at home. I think that Russian intelligence was running multiple operations intended to influence  US intelligence activities and to tilt the election, and those operations executed with a high level of success. 

This was from last night but is the only real takeaway: 

I’d add that we won’t be able to draw any conclusions until we see the complete report, either via FOIA suit currently in federal court or by Congressional subpoena. Mueller will be subpoenaed too. Maybe we’ll know more in July 

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

So Trump’s lawyers drafted a 30-page rebuttal to a report that completely exonerates him?  What does it say?  “No, I actually did collude?”

No CoLlUsIoN - Anastasis

Looks like we’ll hear from Mueller in person:
D4baSk_WsAIjvaC.jpg:large
They could have done this a few weeks ago when Barr floated is non-summary, but gave him some space.  After the story about his same deceptions of Congress with the ‘89 OLC memo surfaced this week and his PR stunt for the WH this morning, it was time.

They knew about that long ago. Let Barr and Trump fumble in their own shit then have Mueller testify. Easier to get the full report released that way when you can prove the AG is lying.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Just remember the entire report is something like 300 to 400 pages long.  It's not going to be a Dr. Seuss book, more like Dune.  It's going to take some reading time to comprehend everything if it has any worth at all.  Anyone spouting out an hour after it has been released has not read all of it and probably hasn't read any of it.  Just remember that when the talking heads start blabbering about it fifteen seconds after it's release.  Anyone actually bothering to interpret and understand it is going to be quiet until tonight at the very least and the most credible folks won't be stating their opinion on it until tomorrow.

Kill me fucking now.

4 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

Kill me fucking now.

Huh, then MAYBE Barr should have waited until it's been out there for negative 2 hours before holding a press conference.

"Anyone got any questions about the report I haven't released yet?"

*crickets* 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The piece of evidence I most want to see is Trump’s original four page letter to fire Comey.  We know it exists, we know McCabe has read it, but no one has seen it outside of a select few people. 

If it were Trump writing it, it wouldn’t be more than a few words. I’m sure that letter was lawyered heavily.

speaking of...we know he doesn’t read...beyond his signature, do we have any evidence he writes anything?

4 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

They knew about that long ago. Let Barr and Trump fumble in their own shit then have Mueller testify. Easier to get the full report released that way when you can prove the AG is lying.

Federal judge already has the scent on Barr and is weighing the appropriateness of redactions vs need for public trust in this matter:

“The AG has created an environment that has caused a significant part of the public to be concerned about whether or not there is full transparency" about Mueller's findings, US District Court Judge Reggie Walton said.”-

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If it were Trump writing it, it wouldn’t be more than a few words. I’m sure that letter was lawyered heavily.

speaking of...we know he doesn’t read...beyond his signature, do we have any evidence he writes anything?

Supposedly, Trump dictated the letter to Stephen Miller while on the golf course in early May of 2017.  Reportedly Don McGahn put the kibosh on the letter basically saying, “There is no way this is going to work, you need a better reason to fire Comey.”

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Stone got a pass on his wikileaks communications on a legal technicality. 

So it wasn't illegal for the Trump campaign to get documents from WikiLeaks and other sources because it would only be illegal if those sources were the ones who hacked the system. What a technicality.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Stone got a pass on his wikileaks communications on a legal technicality. 

The nature of his actions and real involvement may not link to a technical criminal charge, but the intent is understandable, is "collusion", and is sufficiently bad that it likely motivated Stone to repeatedly lie to feds and tamper with a witness.