The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Barr with his spying comment already showed his “I’m actually a complete hack” card.

Expect heavy redactions of anything remotely damning for whatever bullshit reason he can weasel up. I’m not expecting much tomorrow except a shitload of black magic marker. 

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Barr with his spying comment already showed his “I’m actually a complete hack” card.

Expect heavy redactions of anything remotely damning for whatever bullshit reason he can weasel up. I’m not expecting much tomorrow except a shitload of black magic marker. 

The real fun kicks off with the investigator generals report in June. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The real fun kicks off with the investigator generals report in June. 

What I don’t get is why haven’t members of Congress with security clearance been allowed to at least read the damn thing. The fucking Starr report was being printed and on it’s way to book people by now.

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyJames said:

What I don’t get is why haven’t members of Congress with security clearance been allowed to at least read the damn thing. The fucking Starr report was being printed and on it’s way to book people by now.

Congress can eat a dick.  Every single American should get to read the thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, retread said:

Barr to give press conference and take questions at 9:30 AM tomorrow. Get Cheeto's narrative out their first.

So inappropriate... If you were giving Barr the benefit of the doubt, this presser should end that presumption.  The only person that should give a press conference is Mueller. Barr is a complete Trump stooge. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So inappropriate... If you were giving Barr the benefit of the doubt, this presser should end that presumption.  The only person that should give a press conference is Mueller. Barr is a complete Trump stooge. 

i'm sure they're relying on a bunch of the american public hearing barr, then not tuning in to watch the "analysis" the rest of the day.  sad thing is they'll probably get away with it as a plan for a lot of the country.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

this.  let barr do the barr/trump show, and wait til mueller gets called to testify.

This isn’t a legal battle anymore, it’s full blown political warfare and strategic deception.  They are going to put enough spin on this thing it will not matter what Mueller has to say under oath. 

I think Mueller's testimony will be very compelling. I hope it is.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm sure they're relying on a bunch of the american public hearing barr, then not tuning in to watch the "analysis" the rest of the day.  sad thing is they'll probably get away with it as a plan for a lot of the country.

Yep. Barr's an old hand at this bit.  He knows he can get away with dissembling just like his orange buddy.

Edited by retread

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You mean the guy that helped Trump obstruct justice by writing the “Comey should be fired because he was mean to Hillary” memo.

Impossible to keep up with your shifting winds of assessment.  They tend to be confounded by strong priors. 

43 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Major point of clarification.  The Starr Report wasn't the report generated at the conclusion of his investigation.  It was an interim report statutorily required by 28 USC 595(c):

An independent counsel shall advise the House of Representatives of any substantial and credible information which such independent counsel receives, in carrying out the independent counsel’s responsibilities under this chapter, that may constitute grounds for an impeachment. Nothing in this chapter or section 49 of this title shall prevent the Congress or either House thereof from obtaining information in the course of an impeachment proceeding.

Congress leaked it.  And it was probably unlawful to do so.  It certainly violated Fed. R. Crim. Pro 9 to the extent it included grand jury material.

Just like there were laws then, there are different laws now.  And those laws were specifically drafted to avoid the haphazard release that occurred with the Starr "Report," which isn't quite the same thing as Mueller's Report.

And security clearance only entitles those members with it to see national security information, not grand jury or other confidential information.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

And security clearance only entitles those members with it to see national security information, not grand jury or other confidential information.

Would the whole 3rd party privacy bullshit by Barr fall under "other confidential information"?  If so, this is all nonsense and a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Impossible to keep up with your shifting winds of assessment.  They tend to be confounded by strong priors. 

Rosenstein has demonstrated he has acted in good faith for the most part. He did hire Mueller.  However, he should have recused himself from the obstruction of justice side of the investigation because he is a key witness.   

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Banana Republic 

Yeah but grand jury material was provided and in it so the public can’t read it, nor can members of congress with security clearance. Barr can tell trump whatever he wants to that’s in though, apparently. Seems legit. 

Just now, shnsajax said:

This is why you wait till after the first report is released. Have Mueller testify to the redactions and so called corrections as well.

The thing you want to do is make sure the president and his stooge AG get all the information ahead of everyone else so they can conspire to mislead the public before the facts come out. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m skeptical as to how much will be redacted.  Much of Trump’s obstruction of justice was done in public and it will be difficult to find justification for redacting that information from the Mueller report but with the Coverup General, who knows? 

If it's redacted, nobody will be able to tell that it was information previously seen in public.

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Would the whole 3rd party privacy bullshit by Barr fall under "other confidential information"?  If so, this is all nonsense and a waste of time.

Its not bullshit.  It may be bullshit as applied by Barr, but it isn't bullshit.  It's all the third parties smeared in the Starr report, most prominently Monica Lewinksy, that the current regs were supposed to protect.

The other categories of redaction are grand jury information and ongoing investigation information, neither of which Congress is entitled to see, security clearance or no, absent a court order.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Its not bullshit.  It may be bullshit as applied by Barr, but it isn't bullshit.  It's all the third parties smeared in the Starr report, most prominently Monica Lewinksy, that the current regs were supposed to protect.

Monica was smeared long before the Starr report came out. So if that’s the justification then its bullshit.

Kind of like Kavenaugh saying he’s now learned his lesson from his work on the Clinton investigation and now opposes what an independent counsel does and its trampling of presidential prerogative. Complete and total horseshit. 

• Like 4