Major MACtion Mania

Wally Fairway

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

At least Michigan State has basketball. I bet there are hundreds of basketball players from Patterson NJ and Newark NJ and NYC who don't go to Rutgers to play.

Yep, NJ is a recruiting hotbed in both sports. Penn State and Ohio State always seem to take most of their good FB recruits. Duke takes all their best white hoops players.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

Nothing wrong with a little Wed night MACtion to scratch that gambling itch. When in doubt, bet the over is usually my rule of thumb for the MAC. A quick check shows me 4 totals in the low to mid 50's and a couple in the low to mid 60's. Havent checked weather, but those seem low for MACtion. 

streamed into the WMU Akron game based on WMU being good in the recent past

I might click around in a bit based on what this game does and what ESPN shows me the other games look like competitively

they should have had half these games last night for a Taco Tuesday MACtion extravaganza

Akron started this game off (and their season) with the successful onsides kick......fucked up by an offsides

Wednesday, November 4

Eastern Michigan at Kent State

6:00 ESPN+
Line: Kent State -6, o/u: 62

Western Michigan at Akron

6:00 ESPN3
Line: Western Michigan -17.5, o/u: 54

Buffalo at Northern Illinois

7:00 ESPN2
Line: Buffalo -13.5, o/u: 52

Ohio at Central Michigan

7:00 ESPN
Line: Central Michigan -1, o/u: 60.5

Ball State at Miami University

7:00 CBS Sports Network
Line: Miami University -3.5, o/u: 54.5

Bowling Green at Toledo

8:00 ESPNU
Line: Toledo -19, o/u: 62.5

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

Nothing wrong with a little Wed night MACtion to scratch that gambling itch. When in doubt, bet the over is usually my rule of thumb for the MAC. A quick check shows me 4 totals in the low to mid 50's and a couple in the low to mid 60's. Havent checked weather, but those seem low for MACtion. 

Blindly bet the over for the last 4 games only, because I didnt realize that 2 of the games started at 5, otherwise I would have bet those as well.

Ball State Miami over 57 (final 69 pts)

Buffalo N Illinois over 53.5 (currently @ 73 pts)

Ohio C Michigan over 54 (currently 57 pts)

Bowling Green Toledo over 63.5 (currently 28 pts in 3rd)

So looking like 3-1 just based on betting the over cause MAC.

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Frank Solich is underrated as a corch I bet Nebraska still kicks themselves in the ass for that firing....oh wait they are not that self aware

After Nebraska joined the Big Ten and made their first trip to tOSU in 2012, Frank Solich's Bobcats were playing a home game the night before. I asked Nebraska fans on the Rivals and Scout network boards if any of them were planning to go to Athens to catch that game. I figured that was something some people might want to do. If I was a Nebraska fan and I was going all the way to Ohio for a game, why not throw in another game and support my old coach? That's something I would've done. Tickets couldn't have been expensive. 

All the answers I got were negative and the general tone was 'Fuck no.' That surprised me. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

After Nebraska joined the Big Ten and made their first trip to tOSU in 2012, Frank Solich's Bobcats were playing a home game the night before. I asked Nebraska fans on the Rivals and Scout network boards if any of them were planning to go to Athens to catch that game. I figured that was something some people might want to do. If I was a Nebraska fan and I was going all the way to Ohio for a game, why not throw in another game and support my old coach? That's something I would've done. Tickets couldn't have been expensive. 

All the answers I got were negative and the general tone was 'Fuck no.' That surprised me. 

he should have told more pirate stories and had a suit of armor in his office and done card tricks.....the fans would be begging for him to be hired back

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

streamed into the WMU Akron game based on WMU being good in the recent past

I might click around in a bit based on what this game does and what ESPN shows me the other games look like competitively

they should have had half these games last night for a Taco Tuesday MACtion extravaganza

Akron started this game off (and their season) with the successful onsides kick......fucked up by an offsides

See schedule for next week.

• Hook 'Em 1