COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

Yeah, they really are.  Data "some vaxxed people have same level of viral load in nose, but not in throat/lungs, but means they may transmit" then gets screeched as "ZOMG VAXXED JUST AS LIKELY TO GET COVID AND SPREAD COVID". They will spin anything other than "no vaccinated person has a single Covid virus in their system ever" as PROOF they don't work and PROOF that it is reasonable to not get vaxxed.  Hint: it is absolutely unreasonable to not get vaxxed for the VAST majority of the population.
The worst part? The CDC agrees with the antivax on this issue.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Muy Frio said:

I figured you’d like it.

The ultimate stick. 

what a fucking cushy world you must live in that getting a fucking SHOT IN THE ARM is tyranny in exchange for being released from prison early on probation. Jesus tittyfucking christ, why do all the antivaxxers """people concerned about MUH FREEDUMS""" act like getting the vaccine is some MAJOR LIFE EVENT?

GRUhorn, I know prisons operate different in the motherland, but here in the USA if you're still on probation, you're still subject to restricted rights and freedoms. Don't like it? Don't get the vaccine and stay in jail, ya criminal. Boo fucking hoo.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

what a fucking cushy world you must live in that getting a fucking SHOT IN THE ARM is tyranny in exchange for being released from prison early on probation. Jesus tittyfucking christ, why do all the antivaxxers """people concerned about MUH FREEDUMS""" act like getting the vaccine is some MAJOR LIFE EVENT?

GRUhorn, I know prisons operate different in the motherland, but here in the USA if you're still on probation, you're still subject to restricted rights and freedoms. Don't like it? Don't get the vaccine and stay in jail, ya criminal. Boo fucking hoo.

Did I actually say anywhere that I cared? I don’t. Y’all just jump to conclusions on everything. 

• Fuck You 8

Just now, Muy Frio said:

Did I actually say anywhere that I cared? I don’t. Y’all just jump to conclusions on everything. 

no, you typically never actually take a position on an issue and just throw stones exclusively at one side of an argument. And then when called on taking sides, say stupid shit like this post and feign innocence. 

We know your pattern and surly has crowdsourced you three times already for disinformation and trolling. But what the hell, I'm up for another round.

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

We've given anti vaxx assholes 6 months to do the right thing.  They're not going to do it on their own.  That much we do know.  And I want a fucking normal life back.

Lets give Mexico a billion dollars with the condition that they require vaccination for entry.  That would motivate tons of anti-vax and we could just blame it on them.  What if only vaccinated persons could speak to the manager?

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Oh no, we're putting conditions on convict probation to protect the general public! THE HUMANITY!!!

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wait until he learns that they aren't allowed to use drugs or alcohol, and are even TESTED for it.

Don't people going into prison have to get a bunch of vaccinations anyways?

It's not like when you were a teenager and they can look at your school vaccine records after they sentence you to a couple of years in juvenile for manslaughter because you "jokingly" forced somebody to chug an entire bottle of Everclear.

I'm not sure how we ever get back to a functional society at this point.  The Russians/Chinese/whoever the fuck have figured out how to manipulate Americans with low critical thinking skills to the point where we are two different nations living on top of one another.  I used to think the red/blue divide was bad, but this is so much worse.  Our abysmal public school system over the last few decades is largely to blame for this nonsense, but there is chum in the water at this point and our enemies are feasting.  Conspiracy nuts are now mainstream.  We used to collectively laugh at these people and marginalize them.  What the fuck happened?  How do so many people fall for this shit?  How did Aggie dumbassery spread so far?  Is it the SEC's fault?  Probably.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Muy Frio said:

I think it’s becoming clear there’s a decent amount of people who don’t advertise that they’re hesitant. 

Yep.  I'm sitting in an office right now that's half Vax and half not. I don't understand the not.  I've probed gently but these are responsible professional 6 figure earners.  Also women, but past their reproduction ages.  I have zero idea why they wouldn't do it.  They are convinced it's a bad idea. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep.  I'm sitting in an office right now that's half Vax and half not. I don't understand the not.  I've probed gently but these are responsible professional 6 figure earners.  Also women, but past their reproduction ages.  I have zero idea why they wouldn't do it.  They are convinced it's a bad idea. 

That's because you're being a giant pussy.  Tell them to get vaxed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

no, you typically never actually take a position on an issue and just throw stones exclusively at one side of an argument. And then when called on taking sides, say stupid shit like this post and feign innocence. 

We know your pattern and surly has crowdsourced you three times already for disinformation and trolling. But what the hell, I'm up for another round.

I take plenty of positions obviously. 

I posted that story because it’s the first I’ve seen of that type of vaccine mandate. This is the vaccine discussion thread. That’s it. 

Edited by Muy Frio
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That's because you're being a giant pussy.  Tell them to get vaxed. 

I did tell them they should.  That had no effect on them. So I don't bring it up anymore.  Do you feel compelled to lecture and harang everyone in your real life about medical decisions they should make?  Where's the line?  Should I scream and yell?  Should I threaten violence?  Should I dissolve my partnership?  Should I call them a dumb fucking cunt and never speak to them?  Seriously, what is my moral obligation here in your mind?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is the result of a year long disinformation campaign of "it's just the flu" and "it's 5G microchips!" and the general empowered stupidity movement. It's folks that burnish their medical credentials and then go onto a YouTube show thats posted by an octogenarian who genuinely can't tell if it's bullshit or not, all just because of the volume of shit being propogated. 

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

DB2-BA542-5-DD9-4-B73-8-ECB-A7-B68-E97-B

I didn’t realIze you sold pools. Your handle is misleading. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, midtown said:
50 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:
Yeah, they really are.  Data "some vaxxed people have same level of viral load in nose, but not in throat/lungs, but means they may transmit" then gets screeched as "ZOMG VAXXED JUST AS LIKELY TO GET COVID AND SPREAD COVID". They will spin anything other than "no vaccinated person has a single Covid virus in their system ever" as PROOF they don't work and PROOF that it is reasonable to not get vaxxed.  Hint: it is absolutely unreasonable to not get vaxxed for the VAST majority of the population.

The worst part? The CDC agrees with the antivax on this issue.

Citation? CDC website says "COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19." And then specifically under Delta, "Fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from this variant appear to be infectious for a shorter period."

So, uh, no.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I did tell them they should.  That had no effect on them. So I don't bring it up anymore.  Do you feel compelled to lecture and harang everyone in your real life about medical decisions they should make?  Where's the line?  Should I scream and yell?  Should I threaten violence?  Should I dissolve my partnership?  Should I call them a dumb fucking cunt and never speak to them?  Seriously, what is my moral obligation here in your mind?

I didn't bring the issue to a fucking message board, you did.  If you don't like the answer, well, you know the answer, champ.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

well apparently you should because you are going to be dead in a month.  or so I'm told.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Double Jeopardy Round

Category: Common Misconceptions

A: Earning a degree, having a successful professional career, earning six figures or more.

Q: What are three things that have nothing to do with whether or not you're an idiot.

One of my favorite justifications that antivaxers throw around is that 40% of medical industry aren't vaccinated.  Like every other industry out there, at least half of the people working in healthcare are mental midgets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Citation? CDC website says "COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19." And then specifically under Delta, "Fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from this variant appear to be infectious for a shorter period."
So, uh, no.
The CDC issued its new mask guidelines on the premise that vaccinated persons can spread the covids as easily as the unvaxed based on the same inconclusive research on viral loads in the nose.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

Double Jeopardy Round

Category: Common Misconceptions

A: Earning a degree, having a successful professional career, earning six figures or more.

Q: What are three things that have nothing to do with whether or not you're an idiot.

One of my favorite justifications that antivaxers throw around is that 40% of medical industry aren't vaccinated.  Like every other industry out there, at least half of the people working in healthcare are mental midgets.

Literally mine was a response to the idea that there are people in all walks of life not vaxed, and many of them not publicly proclaiming their hesitancy.  Nothing more. 

If you ever hear me say something like "40% of the medical industry isn't vaxxed" it's not making that point as an appeal to authority but rather as a counter to the idea that "it's only a certain type of person, industry worker, voter etc" that isn't vaxxed. It's not one group of people. It's a subgroup of almost every demographic out there. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I didn't bring the issue to a fucking message board, you did.  If you don't like the answer, well, you know the answer, champ.

And the sad thing is, you don't like the answer.  Because you're fucking dumb  Who else would go gallivanting around and drive their fucking shit under a too-low bridge.  Yes, You are fucking dumb.  Live with it, possibly improve yourself, but you are dumb.

8 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What is it exactly that you think you are arguing here?

Someone else:  Yeah- lots of people are not broadcasting their vax hesitancy but it spans many different groups

Me- Yeah- I know some people like that. They should get vaxxed, they can't tell me why they didn't get vaxxed, they aren't the caricature of people who aren't getting vaxxed, it doesn't make sense

You- you are a pussy. Tell them to get vaxxed.

Uhmm- I did and they still didn't get vaxxed- now what?

You- Go fuck yourself.  

Alright man, alright. Nice talk.  

Never mind- I see the follow up. I'm dumb. And you hope I die.  Got it.  Thanks

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, midtown said:

The CDC issued its new mask guidelines on the premise that vaccinated persons can spread the covids as easily as the unvaxed based on the same inconclusive research on viral loads in the nose.

Obviously not, per their website. They changed it because with delta, vaxxed spread it more likely than the negligible amount with previous variants. Nothing says "as likely to spread as unvaxxed" on the CDC site, and in fact it says the dead opposite. 

Also, a big part of the change in guidance (not all of course) is the logistical difficulty in implementing the ACTUAL policy they recommended which is that vaxxed people go without masks and unvaxxed wear them. Unfortunately, even when businesses state that as a policy, lying scum unvaxx take it as an excuse to go maskless and violate the policies of the business they are patronizing. So either people have to be completely monitored, or back to everyone wear masks. 

Edited by TXSooner518

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, they probably just want more information.  I mean, only 4.5 billion vaccine doses have been given worldwide.  We just don't know if it's safe yet.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

What's on their website and what was said and the study used are not in agreement. At one point one of the CDC spokesman indicated that vaxxed have a 10% chance of getting infected. Several statements were walked back but the damage is done especially considering the media's role. The antivsxers grabbed those statements and are using them today.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Someone else:  Yeah- lots of people are not broadcasting their vax hesitancy but it spans many different groups

Me- Yeah- I know some people like that. They should get vaxxed, they can't tell me why they didn't get vaxxed, they aren't the caricature of people who aren't getting vaxxed, it doesn't make sense

You- Go fuck yourself.  

Eh, I have a really low tolerance for dumbassery.  Sorry.  That's just how I roll.  Note "Roll", not "role".  If you want to tolerate and procreate it, fine.   We will all end up dead in the end.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Did you read my post #5909?

I was seeking rebuttal for a nutter who posted it on another board.

There are ways to find information debunking dangerous medical disinformation that don't require spreading the disinformation and then following it up with a later post going "hey guys, why is what I posted earlier bullshit?"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You- Go fuck yourself.  

Pretty sure Judge Roy is perma drunk. I'd take his posts as seriously as Phlegm's

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Maybe he just hates himself.

You looking to score points or something sparky?  If so then congratulations Cheesefuckingweasel.  The difference is I give a shit about society.  You and yours can eat horse paste, and not give a shit about society.  But keep telling yourself that you do.  And eat that horse paste and laugh.   I have no problem with that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Our abysmal public school system over the last few decades is largely to blame for this nonsense, but there is chum in the water at this point and our enemies are feasting.  Conspiracy nuts are now mainstream.  We used to collectively laugh at these people and marginalize them.  What the fuck happened?  How do so many people fall for this shit?  How did Aggie dumbassery spread so far?  Is it the SEC's fault?  Probably.

It isn't the education - plenty who are educated at the best schools are being complete dumbasses on purpose when it comes to this, and plenty who are not well-educated are being cautious.

Agreed that conspiracy nuts going mainstream is a huge problem, but why is it that?  

I've said this elsewhere, I was into the JFK stuff back in the 90s around the time the Stone movie came out (and I became more interested in the people than the actual conspiracy stuff).  There was some overlap with the UFO crowd and the Illuminati crowd (this was before Alex Jones got going on Austin Public Access).

For the most part, going back to the 90s and earlier, the conspiracy nuts were confined to the back rooms of small bookstores, to various rooms at student unions at college campuses across the US, AM radio, advertisements in the back of shitty local newspapers, etc.

Social media took all of those conspiracy nuts off of public access, AM radio, and out-of-site book store backrooms and it put them front and center, where their message could be heard by the millions, instead of a handful of people who saw a notice posted on a bulletin board in a dorm lounge.  It was reinforced by people who....have a lot of visibility and sway as well.