COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

again, anti vaxxers aren't the reason someone can't say something negative about the vaccine or posit that something needs to be looked at in regards to the vax based on some data.

Can you link a peer reviewed (or even non peer reviewed but empiric, evidence based) study critical of any of the vaccines that has been censored?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

But if we can’t get rid of it, and vaccinated people can contract and transmit it, what’s to stop it from mutating into a vaccine-resistant strain at any point in in the future? Or are we just hoping that the historical trend of viruses mutating to be more transmissible but less severe holds true?
Fewer infections (vaccines are 40-75% effective at preventing infection for Delta, much higher for others) means fewer mutations.
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, XYZ said:

No. We know that covid infects different animals, so it’s circulating (and mutating) in the animal world.

Covid ain't going away.  H1N1 (Swine Flu) was nasty, then mutated (for the better), and is now with us permanently, and we don't even care.

On a side note, H1N1 didn't affect many over the age of 65, and the thinking is that they were exposed to another strain in their younger years.

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Covid ain't going away.  H1N1 (Swine Flu) was nasty, then mutated (for the better), and is now with us permanently, and we don't even care.

On a side note, H1N1 didn't affect many over the age of 65, and the thinking is that they were exposed to another strain in their younger years.

Damn I forgot about that. 

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

There’s no money in ivermectin, and it has been around for a very long time. Neither of those things can be said about the covid vaccines. That makes certain people feel better about it.

Fda approved doses of ivermectin do not result in concentrations that inhibit viral replication in vitro. So if they have a valid script they might as well be eating mentos. At least then they would have fresh breath

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I’m on team, this peaked Aug 11th. I have nothing to qualify this with other then the study posted pages back. 

This virus seem to really do it’s own thing. Mitigation efforts seem to move case load somewhat but overall trends seem like they do what they do. 

Let’s see that Frikin steep decline of positive cases please. 

1 hour ago, Telegraph_it said:

I’m on team, this peaked Aug 11th. I have nothing to qualify this with other then the study posted pages back. 

This virus seem to really do it’s own thing. Mitigation efforts seem to move case load somewhat but overall trends seem like they do what they do. 

Let’s see that Frikin steep decline of positive cases please. 

This link was updated yesterday with data through the 9th

https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/forecasting-model.html

image.png.0a58c3de7c4f114cc05856b04ac90af4.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, midtown said:
10 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:
Just in case anyone thinks all hope is lost, it’s not. Enjoying watching my so on the beach with his girl.  Dude is much more impressive than his old man  
B40-E6134-A5-FF-4779-8569-F84-BC2-C980-AB.jpg

Which one is your son? I see two boys

Lol. Yeah the ass is pretty flat. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, midtown said:

Anyone kind of  curious as to how fairly close the blue and green are?  One is mask mandates and one is not?  Virtually identical

This assumes we give a damn like we did in the summer of 2020.

Overall, we don’t. Muh freedoms!

8 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Overall, we don’t. Muh freedoms!

I am a 100% masker.  I even throw mine on at my circle K because it says "we request".   I just wonder if their effectivenes is nullified by the number of vaccinations plus people already recovered and the high transmission etc.  

Edited by midtown

The prediction of a peak on August 11th makes zero sense without including a location. Or does the predictor think that Aug 11th is the peak for the US?

For Texas, there is no way in hell yesterday was the peak. For MO, AR and LA? Possible they've peaked, especially MO. MO also started to see a rise in case about a month before Texas. Based on that math, Texas still has a month to go.

Florida is tough to measure because they are non-transparent with their data. Florida does release new case counts 5 days per week but only provide county totals on Fridays.  It's just the worst FL wave so far, so less info is better. I guess. eyeroll.

Below is the NYTimes graph of cases. Light red bars are the daily new cases; dark red line 7-day average. Don't be fooled that the daily #s peaked the other day. that was Monday which always includes some weekend #s for states that will only report on weekdays.

Capture - Copy (2).JPG

4 minutes ago, midtown said:

But at this point it looks to be pretty crazy close and hopefully only off by a few days if so vs the Oct timeline others have forecasted.  

We're trying to be nice guys here Eddie.  

I think we're all getting confused. There are different forecasts that are being mentioned in this thread. The new US case forecast vs hospitalization. And the UTSouthwestern forecast above is for DFW hospitalization rates. The chance of that aligning to the US case count is about zero.

The prediction of a peak on August 11th makes zero sense without including a location. Or does the predictor think that Aug 11th is the peak for the US?
For Texas, there is no way in hell yesterday was the peak. For MO, AR and LA? Possible they've peaked, especially MO. MO also started to see a rise in case about a month before Texas. Based on that math, Texas still has a month to go.
Florida is tough to measure because they are non-transparent with their data. Florida does release new case counts 5 days per week but only provide county totals on Fridays.  It's just the worst FL wave so far, so less info is better. I guess. eyeroll.
Below is the NYTimes graph of cases. Light red bars are the daily new cases; dark red line 7-day average. Don't be fooled that the daily #s peaked the other day. that was Monday which always includes some weekend #s for states that will only report on weekdays.

1750630787_Capture-Copy(2).thumb.JPG.4dbb5007b8e4c30598dbb35273df1e7e.JPG

Hard to grasp any of the data when a ton of states stopped reporting weekend numbers. Monday reports Friday, Tuesday reports Sat/Sun/Mon, then Wednesday kicks into normal reporting until Saturday. Rinse/repeat.

At least that’s what’s done here in Minnesota. Always thought it was strange to stop reporting weekends during delta.

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yet an apparently decent sized group that don’t trust big pharma have no problem taking ivermectin, which was developed by little old Merck 40 years ago. 

I agree with what you’re saying, but those people would probably argue that the horse paste has 40 years of results and the vaccine around 9months. 

17 hours ago, midtown said:

Anyone recall my post about fundatrat predicting August 11 as the Delta peak? And it was dismissed? Fingers crossed.   Tweet posted.

We're talking about different peaks. Most people here are talking about new case or hospitalization counts. I'm not saying that reproduction # counts aren't a good forward looking forecast but its the least important # in terms of what matters to people. As an example, that sites shows that FL peaked in the reproduction # on July 14th. Florida case count is still rising 29 days later. And the hospitalization and death rates will peak even further down the line.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hard to grasp any of the data when a ton of states stopped reporting weekend numbers. Monday reports Friday, Tuesday reports Sat/Sun/Mon, then Wednesday kicks into normal reporting until Saturday. Rinse/repeat.

At least that’s what’s done here in Minnesota. Always thought it was strange to stop reporting weekends during delta.

Agree. Looking at the 7-day average eliminates that to some extent.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is the price of telling people the vaccines are dangerous and ivermectin is 100% effective.

At least that guy had the courage to follow his convictions and not seek medical help when he supposedly doesn't trust the medical community.  Good for him.  More should be like him.

• Like 2