Markets still falling like whoa

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

$0.09 may hold as a great buy point.  I see something about $0.08 today, but you're basically at the bottom (so far) . . . <evil laugh>

I may end up at .08 after VRX and T today.  VRX shot up to 27.79 while I was eating an early lunch with a client and I couldn't get to my computer in time before it fell back below 27.  Cost me a lot of $$.  But, I still have time.  

27 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah, I went overboard, but TWTR and VRX have treated me well the past 2 weeks.  I figured I may as well try the magic in other name.  I think this tank is way overdone right now on T.  I also think they will try to get the deal finalized by friday, and we'll see it drift back towards yesterday's closing price.  Then we'll have a real T party 

i bought TWTR at $16.8574. would that i had had the cash to buy more. it's up 137%.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i bought TWTR at $16.8574. would that i had had the cash to buy more. it's up 137%.

Comcast just offered $65bn for 21st Century Fox assets.  

No doubt in my mind someone like AMZN, MSFT, DIS, GOOG will try and gobble up TWTR for $50-60bn.  

Not trading advice . . . but the Greeks are real.  As expiry approaches, T below $33 is going to drive those $33 calls to $0.00 (delta = 0) and T above $33 is going to drive them to pure intrinsic (delta = 1).  Expiry is tomorrow.

Personally, I'm looking to see if this little run today might have some gas in the tank, but I will probably exit before end of day.  All extrinsic value at the close will probably evaporate overnight.  I'd rather take small profits than watch them go "poof" just because T decided not to run tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not trading advice . . . but the Greeks are real.  As expiry approaches, T below $33 is going to drive those $33 calls to $0.00 (delta = 0) and T above $33 is going to drive them to pure intrinsic (delta = 1).  Expiry is tomorrow.

Personally, I'm looking to see if this little run today might have some gas in the tank, but I will probably exit before end of day.  All extrinsic value at the close will probably evaporate overnight.  I'd rather take small profits than watch them go "poof" just because T decided not to run tomorrow.

I hear ya.  I held them because they were portions of house money.  Wish I had sold them at 11am when T reached 32.90's.  But oh well.  Maybe they'll finalize the deal this evening or before the bell and we'll run a bit tomorrow.   

TWTR is an absolute animal right now.  

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, I got distracted and didn't dump 'em.  I did set a limit but it didn't quite get hit.  It won't take a huge pop tomorrow for them to go in the money, but I'm considering them worthless at this point.

The one's for next week are still reasonable too.  I think .24.  

Serious question.  Trump threw down another $50B worth of tariffs on the Chinese tonight.  We're in a legitimate trade war at this point.  Why hasn't the market priced this in?  Are they missing it like they've missed so many other things over the years?  I just keep seeing predictions of endless increases at this point and that aways makes me pause.

22 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Serious question.  Trump threw down another $50B worth of tariffs on the Chinese tonight.  We're in a legitimate trade war at this point.  Why hasn't the market priced this in?  Are they missing it like they've missed so many other things over the years?  I just keep seeing predictions of endless increases at this point and that aways makes me pause.

This was the original 50B.  I 🤔.  Admittedly, hard to follow precisely.

Edited by Incredulity

8 hours ago, Incredulity said:

This was the original 50B.  I 🤔.  Admittedly, hard to follow precisely.

Makes sense.  They come and go and move around.  I know there are others, though, and it's hard to keep track.  I know there is a LOT of uncertainty right now in the industry and I can't help but to think it's a major unknown combined with the ensuing inflation that could happen due to this and a few other factors.

I'm just wondering why the risk isn't priced in.  

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Makes sense.  They come and go and move around.  I know there are others, though, and it's hard to keep track.  I know there is a LOT of uncertainty right now in the industry and I can't help but to think it's a major unknown combined with the ensuing inflation that could happen due to this and a few other factors.

I'm just wondering why the risk isn't priced in.  

Why are you so sure it is not priced in? I find many times the media hysteria over what will happen is a lot greater then then what the market thinks will happen. The market is usually closer to the truth then the media. 

Edited by hornbri

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I fucked that up proper.  Bought at $0.14, ended up selling at $0.04 because I didn't want to exercise.

Not a bad tip, I just played it all kinds of wrong.

Today was a wild ride on that one. Ranged 0.01 to 0.27.

Leading quote “The week starts with the news that China has responded in kind to the US imposition of tariffs, so sentiment towards stocks reliant on unencumbered global trade will remain fragile” — Ian Williams, economics & strategy research analyst at Peel Hunt. Hot topic Stocks are tracking the intensifying threat of a US-China trade war, with Frankfurt’s exporter-heavy Xetra Dax leading deepening declines in Europe after losses across Asia.

https://www.ft.com/content/f56130e8-7292-11e8-b6ad-3823e4384287

Asian stocks dropped Tuesday following President Donald Trump's announcement of potentially $200 billion in additional tariffs.....

That is the quote from the newswire I was referring to in my post.  Didn't see the 10% part but have been watching the drop since the steady melt up happened all day.(after the big down start)

5 minutes ago, zork said:

That is the quote from the newswire I was referring to in my post.  Didn't see the 10% part but have been watching the drop since the steady melt up happened all day.(after the big down start)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/trump-says-he-has-asked-ustr-to-identify-200-billion-in-chinese-goods-for-additional-tariffs-at-10-percent-rate.html

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Thanks Trump for the discounted shares today!  

yep.  two days in a row of disaster overnight followed by melt up during the following day.  still some time left today of course.