NFL Week 14

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Tua looks like a star in the making to me. He's cool and collected and makes good decisions. When he gets his feet under him a bit he'll start letting it fly a little more and I suspect we're going to see some big numbers.

Agreed.  He just needs reps.  Didn't look panicky  Definitely threw some guys open...

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Hurts>Hill

taysom cannot seem to get the timing right on screen passes, which is a pretty huge part of the offense. 

Hill is dogshit. Brees is old as dirt and their plan is to teach a 30 year old QB how to throw? Lulz, good luck with that. 

1 hour ago, hundredTT said:

I’ve seen this too many times. A new QB comes in and looks great/provides spark. Get some tape on him and will truly see how good he is. But seeing how bad Wentz is, the job may be his. 

Oh ya. Such is the way. That’s why preparation and coaching and fit is so essential. Taking on the serious work. I just don’t see how they can rehabilitate Wentz in Philly. Hurts will still need more coaching and experience but if he puts in the work he should succeed. 

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Tua looks like a star in the making to me. He's cool and collected and makes good decisions. When he gets his feet under him a bit he'll start letting it fly a little more and I suspect we're going to see some big numbers.

WRONG! Fins got the wrong former Bama QB. Jalen Hurts actually won today, beating the 10-2 Saints!

And tell me 17/30 for 167 yd and 1 TD isn't what you want from such a winner!

/s

2 hours ago, hundredTT said:

The confidence from Hurts though is fucking impressive. Looks like a vet out there. 

This was the Full Hurts Experience:

- Good runner, but has poor ball security which cost him today.

- Good short passing, but without a deep ball, defenses eventually sit on the short stuff. INT drop saved him today.

- Bails from the pocket at the first hint of trouble and can make dubious decisions on the run.

This was the Full Hurts Experience:
- Good runner, but has poor ball security which cost him today.
- Good short passing, but without a deep ball, defenses eventually sit on the short stuff. INT drop saved him today.
- Bails from the pocket at the first hint of trouble and can make dubious decisions on the run.
Well, he showed more poise and football IQ than Taysom Hill who has four starts and is a five year veteran at 47 years old.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well, he showed more poise and football IQ than Taysom Hill who has four starts and is a five year veteran at 47 years old.

Hill isn't a quality starter, so not a high bar.

Hurts is a class act, and I wish him well.

However, nothing I saw today shows me growth over his year at OU. He's a one read QB with poor deep passing. He has wheels and looked faster today. He's easy to game plan against, and pro defensive coaches will have a book on him soon enough.

Of the four QBs who've play for OU since Riley got there in 2015, he has the lowest pro potential (Mayfield, Murray, Rattler). He's a nice change of pace option, and would be valuable to a team as a 3 or 4th down and short option (he's really good in those situations) and as a backup. I think he'll stick in the league for a long time because of this, and the fact that he's a great teammate.

If you want your team to win, however, you have to be able to throw the ball downfield some. He's not good at this historically or today. The Eggles should draft another QB.

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

Maybe, definitely found a running back

I don't really like Sanders, because he is a State Pen Nitter but, I did get to see him play live at Woodland Hills H.S. and you could tell that he was special. Woody High, for a few years, had the most active NFL players.

It's in a dead steel town, Braddock mostly, and I do wish those kids, even if they choose to go Nitter, well.