SEC Championship: Alabama vs Florida

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Florida had a couple unfortunate plays, Bama played mistake free and only won by 6. 

I guess it's gonna look a lot different when Bama blows out both teams on their way to a championship. Then you will look back on the season and see they were the only team that even hung around all year.

For someone who likes to ask if people watch games you apparently don't watch many.

Ole Miss was tied with Alabama in the 4th quarter. 

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Well they don't play between conferences this year, so the eye test is all there is. 

You the one that thinks Clemson is gonna beat bama by 14???

You’re the one that thinks fucking aggy and (lmao) Auburn would beat every Big 12 team?.

Textbook sec homerism. 

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Not really, just watched them both play all season and Clemson is gonna get rocked.

Bama also gets a tune up game vs aggy while Clemson gonna play ohio state

I remember Bama using the tuneup game excuse after they got skullfucked by Clemson in January 2019. I guess it’s hard to say you didn’t want to be there when it’s the championship game.

• Haha 1

If Florida plays its full season its an 11-2 or maybe even 12-1 team most likely.  It’s harder to play a conference only season. Can’t give him shit for losing to Bama, who besides Clemson doesn’t? 
Maybe.

I'm not really giving him flack for the Bama game. More or less making the point that they were chasing two scores the majority of the game.

The offense is quite good. The defense not so much.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

For someone who likes to ask if people watch games you apparently don't watch many.

Ole Miss was tied with Alabama in the 4th quarter. 

Yup and although I'm gonna root for sunshine and the Clemson tigers, my money is on Nick Satan. Also I'm arguing with a guy saying Clemson gonna beat alabama by 2 TDs because he thinks florida sucks and if they played bama close that means bama sucks lol

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes.

Meanwhile an SEC team  is probably going to win another national championship.

Rinse. Repeat.

But it's Bama, though. They carry that conference who is nowhere near what their fans think it js outside of their daddy that carries them. It's like saying another AFC East team is winning the Super Bowl when its New England, the only team who wins it. Doesn't make the rest of that division better because of it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Had Enough said:

Maybe.

I'm not really giving him flack for the Bama game. More or less making the point that they were chasing two scores the majority of the game.

The offense is quite good. The defense not so much.

Yeah, it’s a flawed team as evidenced by the losses. But a damn good one.  If I give Florida every win they actually got and also give them the LSU loss, then these are the other games out there (remember they were not scheduled to go to College Station):

Eastern Washington

South Alabama

NM State

That’s a 1, maybe 2 loss SEC runner up and we’re talking about whether they belong in the CFP.

Florida had a couple unfortunate plays, Bama played mistake free and only won by 6. 
I guess it's gonna look a lot different when Bama blows out both teams on their way to a championship. Then you will look back on the season and see they were the only team that even hung around all year.
They also had two very fortunate plays.

Remember the Trask fumble? The unforced offsides. What about the UF fumble inside 20 that Bama botched recovering?

Trask can be careless with the ball. He was against LSU. He damn near kept Georgia in the game with a should have been a pick 6 but dude dropped it.

If this Bama D shows up, they aren't blowing out Clemson.

5 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I remember Bama using the tuneup game excuse after they got skullfucked by Clemson in January 2019. I guess it’s hard to say you didn’t want to be there when it’s the championship game.

Yeah Bama is the unstoppable juggernaut until they're not. I guess we should fellate ourselves for playing LSU tight last year while we're at it.

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yup and although I'm gonna root for sunshine and the Clemson tigers, my money is on Nick Satan. Also I'm arguing with a guy saying Clemson gonna beat alabama by 2 TDs because he thinks florida sucks and if they played bama close that means bama sucks lol

I never actually said why I believe that Clemson should end up on top by 14 in the end. The transitive property argument does not work in football. You can watch the games and analyze possible matchup strengths/weaknesses. Then make your own conclusions from there.

Edited by USNALonghorn

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

But it's Bama, though. They carry that conference who is nowhere near what their fans think it js outside of their daddy that carries them. It's like saying another AFC East team is winning the Super Bowl when its New England, the only team who wins it. Doesn't make the rest of that division better because of it.

It looks that way because of how damn good Alabama is, but the conference has also had three different teams win NCs in the last decade, four in the last fifteen.  

ACC: 2 different teams

Big 10: 1 

So it’s not really like the AFC East at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It looks that way because of how damn good Alabama is, but the conference has also had three different teams win NCs in the last decade, four in the last fifteen.  

ACC: 2 different teams

Big 10: 1 

So it’s not really like the AFC East at all. 

I had a brainfart and forgot LSU won it all last year. I was thinking the last team aside from Bama to win it was 10 years ago in Auburn. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I had a brainfart and forgot LSU won it all last year. I was thinking the last team aside from Bama to win it was 10 years ago in Auburn. 

LSU did really catch lightning in a brittle with the insane roster coinciding with Joe Brady dropping in for a year. Aside from that, it’s been the Nick Saban show.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lulz
Florida, aggy, Georgia, and Auburn would all smoke every team in the big12. 
But yeah maybe after the top 5 teams in the conference the big 12 teams could complete.
I'm usually not drinking SEC kool aid, but this year the big 12 sucked shit
Wrong.

OU, Texas, ISU, and OSU could without a doubt go toe to toe with those 4 depending on who is matched up with whom.

12 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I never actually said why I believe that Clemson should end up on top by 14 in the end. The transitive property argument does not work in football. You can watch the games and analyze possible matchup strengths/weaknesses. Then make your own conclusions from there.

Maybe it was a different poster my bad

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

LSU did really catch lightning in a brittle with the insane roster coinciding with Joe Brady dropping in for a year. Aside from that, it’s been the Nick Saban show.

The Burrow part was serendipity. But LSU stacks top five classes like cordwood, is an NFL factory (behind only tOSU and Alabama), and has won three national championships and played for another in the past 20 years.  They’re a juggernaut, it’s surprising they haven’t won more than they have. 

• Like 1

Come on, man.  You’re going to shit on Florida for losing in Death Valley when the Big XII champion lost to freaking Kansas State? Let’s be real, that Florida team would likely boat race both teams we saw today.  

They are not miles better as a program but they are an extremely good football team.
I wasn't exactly shitting on UF. I merely wasn't kissing their butts.

Was Death Valley at max capacity? And they're still a .500 team.

KState lost their QB after that game. Ou was breaking in a new QB. At beginning of the season. OU had opt outs and suspensions namely Perkins.

Florida had a multi year starter at QB. LSU first start at QB guy. Last week.

Not a valid comparison.

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

I wasn't exactly shitting on UF. I merely wasn't kissing their butts.

Was Death Valley at max capacity? And they're still a .500 team.

KState lost their QB after that game. Ou was breaking in a new QB. At beginning of the season. OU had opt outs and suspensions namely Perkins.

Florida had a multi year starter at QB. LSU first start at QB guy. Last week.

Not a valid comparison.

I don’t know what a valid comparison is. OU lost to Kansas State and went 1-1 and is -1 in points against an Iowa State team with a roster of the Midwest’s finest three stars. Maybe Kansas State would have been a juggernaut with their QB1 after their stumble at Arkie State.

I just saw Florida go toe to toe with an NFL farm team and looked damn good doing it. And I think we have a pretty good track record of how Blow U acquits themselves on the sports grandest stage. But if we feel better saying OU is super underrated, that’s cool I guess. 

In 2020, there probably are no valid comparisons.

The Iowa States and Kansas States often struggle in non-conference but cause problems in conference. One reason they're annoying. And I'm guessing their knowledge of the conference foes helps them a great deal.

But QB = most important position. The relative experience in those two games you referenced were in stark contrast at that position.

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

Wtf is this Death Valley talk, the Florida loss to lsu was in the damn swamp

Yeah, you’re right it was.

Still, seems like a serious double standard to wave away losses to Iowa State and Kansas as “weird shit happens in conference games.” But Florida loses to the defending National champions and the number 5 ranked team in the country and it reveals their mortal flaws. 

The SEC is for sure down this year, ACC with ND is probably the best conference.  But if a two loss OU is struggling to put away freaking ISU in the CCG that’s....not a great look for the Big XII, let’s be real.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Lulz

Florida, aggy, Georgia, and Auburn would all smoke every team in the big12. 

But yeah maybe after the top 5 teams in the conference the big 12 teams could complete.

I'm usually not drinking SEC kool aid, but this year the big 12 sucked shit

Bama, sure. The rest are on par with every B12 team. Georgia isn't smoking Tech, aggy isn't smoking West Virginia.

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  They’ve amassed that record with Les Miles and Ed Orgeron coaching them for 15 or 16 of those 20 years.  That job is the closest thing to idiot proof in all of college football.  Louisiana produces the most NFL players per capita of any state, and LSU is the one program in the country that can dominate in-state recruiting regardless of whether they had a good or bad season.  That whole state falls in line for LSU.   

Sigh. . . .that just kicked the good old days syndrome in for me.🙁

On 12/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Zeus said:

"Bama played mistake free" except for lining up offsides to cancel a fumble at the goalline, failing to pick up a fumbled ball that was inexplicably surrounded by four Alabama players, interfering on a pass to negate an interception in the end zone, Surtain just losing a ball he was in position to intercept to give up a touchdown, holding behind a play to kill a drive into the red zone, letting the QB run up the middle fifteen times, and using a middle linebacker with a reconstructed knee to defend a RB/WR on THREE different big pass plays. 

Except for that, it was a mistake free game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hypothesize this:  In the Swamp, the Florida db stuffs the swing pass on 3rd and long.  The db gently places the LSU receiver's shoe on the turf and walks away.  Regulation time expires.  Florida beats LSU in OT.  In the SEc championship game, Bama escapes 52-46.  Come Sunday, the Playoff masters compare 10-1 Florida which came within one possession of beating Bama with 10-1 ND utterly shattered by Clemson.  Gators are in the playoff, right?  I know, I know.  If Eleanor Roosevelt was a B-52 . . .

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

"Bama played mistake free" except for lining up offsides to cancel a fumble at the goalline, failing to pick up a fumbled ball that was inexplicably surrounded by four Alabama players, interfering on a pass to negate an interception in the end zone, Surtain just losing a ball he was in position to intercept to give up a touchdown, holding behind a play to kill a drive into the red zone, letting the QB run up the middle fifteen times, and using a middle linebacker with a reconstructed knee to defend a RB/WR on THREE different big pass plays. 

Except for that, it was a mistake free game.

These are just normal plays

I'm talking about turnovers really, they played turnover free ya like that better?

15 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Hypothesize this:  In the Swamp, the Florida db stuffs the swing pass on 3rd and long.  The db gently places the LSU receiver's shoe on the turf and walks away.  Regulation time expires.  Florida beats LSU in OT.  In the SEc championship game, Bama escapes 52-46.  Come Sunday, the Playoff masters compare 10-1 Florida which came within one possession of beating Bama with 10-1 ND utterly shattered by Clemson.  Gators are in the playoff, right?  I know, I know.  If Eleanor Roosevelt was a B-52 . . .

would make more sense than ND or aggy

You are forgetting Davis fumbled away the game against aggy earlier in the season too. 

LShoe will live in infamy

Edited by Zeus

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

These are just normal plays

I'm talking about turnovers really, they played turnover free ya like that better?

They did turn the ball over but got it right back when Metchie fell out of an airplane and landed on the safety returning the INT. 

But yes, I like that better. 

Watching Dan Mulllen and his OC toy with what I had believed was an improved Bama defense, I kept shaking my head that Florida was one flying shoe away from a certain playoff spot.  We shall see, saith the blind man.

They still had that pesky loss to aggy so the Gators would’ve been a 2-loss team after falling to Bama in Atlanta.