SEC Championship: Alabama vs Florida

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is the defense league right?

It's also the best offense league too, especially at the top. Florida's offense is very very good, Alabama's is also elite. Hasn't been any interleague play but the eye test tells me both these teams would score a fuck ton of points on any college football team.

3 minutes ago, Frank Gallagher said:

Mullen is an excellent coach.  The work he's done at Fla in just a couple years is outstanding.

Yeah, and the style is more than a little shades of Spurrier. If you’re a top offensive player watching this, you like what you see and maybe he can keep Saban/Smart from poaching that state so heavily. The SECCG won’t be an afterthought with him and Smart in that division. 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, and the style is more than a little shades of Spurrier. If you’re a top offensive player watching this, you like what you see and maybe he can keep Saban/Smart from poaching that state so heavily. The SECCG won’t be an afterthought with him and Smart in that division. 

Smart has underachieved given the available talent.  I think Mullen puts voices into the GA heads.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Trask is a helluva player, no doubt. Incredible job of evaluation by whomever recruited him. 

Doug fucking Nussmeier. I’d love to give him credit for being some prognosticator, but he was a total project pick. Filled a hole at QB because of a short bench and other higher rated QBs being scared off by bringing in Felipe Franks. Just shows how little these guys really know.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

We lost by 1 score to an LSU team that is 75 points better than this year's LSU team. Florida just lost to them.

It's a conference game. Crazy stuff happens within conference.

Bama yes. Florida get a grip.

heard this same loser shit from a lot of my other Texas friends. “We only lost by 7 against LSU”

”we beat Georgia in a NeW YeArS S1x (disregard we had 4 losses)”

We’re trash. Expect better. OU has won 6 consecutive Big 12 titles. 

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This year is an aberration, next year you’ll see more of the standard Mullen offense. Emery Jones fits his play calling much better.  Mullen did great utilizing Trask’s arm talent, but he’s going back to his bread and butter with a mobile QB. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

heard this same loser shit from a lot of my other Texas friends. “We only lost by 7 against LSU”

Fuck Tom Herman and fuck our administration for constantly settling.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

What has Florida won? The poster you're responding to was only saying that Florida isn't light years ahead of Texas. Not that Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, or Oklahoma aren't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

This year is an aberration, next year you’ll see more of the standard Mullen offense. Emery Jones fits his play calling much better.  Mullen did great utilizing Trask’s arm talent, but he’s going back to his bread and butter with a mobile QB. 

This was a game where I would have liked to see more Jones, and I usually don’t lean that way.  I think a run game would have helped tilt the game more toward the Gators and help that dreadful defense.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Mullen is an excellent coach.  The work he's done at Fla in just a couple years is outstanding.
Reconcile his record at Florida for me.

This year he lost to the Aggies. Only 1 of 2 with a winning record to do so. He lost a first time ever starting QB. He put up a good fight versus Bama. But trailed by at least two scores for the majority of the game.

His 3rd season resulted in his worst record.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This year he lost to the Aggies. Only 1 of 2 with a winning record to do so. He lost a first time ever starting QB. He put up a good fight versus Bama. But trailed by at least two scores for the majority of the game.

If Florida plays its full season its an 11-2 or maybe even 12-1 team most likely.  It’s harder to play a conference only season. Can’t give him shit for losing to Bama, who besides Clemson doesn’t? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I do expect better. We're not trash. But yeah we're disappointing. And Florida is not miles better.

They lost to a crappy LSU team last week. Who lost damn near everybody from last year. With lots of guys opting out. And a true fresh QB starting his first game.

Loser shit is whining and kissing up to some other 3 loss team.

With the exception of Bama, the SEC isn't any better than the BIG 12.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What has Florida won? The poster you're responding to was only saying that Florida isn't light years ahead of Texas. Not that Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, or Oklahoma aren't. 

Florida had a couple unfortunate plays, Bama played mistake free and only won by 6. 

I guess it's gonna look a lot different when Bama blows out both teams on their way to a championship. Then you will look back on the season and see they were the only team that even hung around all year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He lost on the road to aggy becuase of a late fumble that allowed a game winning FG as time expired.  Agree he brain farted against LSU but the are the defending champs regardless of the disarray with tons of talent.  If you're using beating bama/saban as a yardstick for success, everyone will fall short.

He inherited a team that McElwain drove into the dirt.  So, yeah...making the SEC champ game in year 3 and competing well is pretty damn good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

I do expect better. We're not trash. But yeah we're disappointing. And Florida is not miles better.

They lost to a crappy LSU team last week. Who lost damn near everybody from last year. With lots of guys opting out. And a true fresh QB starting his first game.

Lulz

Florida, aggy, Georgia, and Auburn would all smoke every team in the big12. 

But yeah maybe after the top 5 teams in the conference the big 12 teams could complete.

I'm usually not drinking SEC kool aid, but this year the big 12 sucked shit

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't the secsecsec dorks used to chastise the Big 12 for having these types of games? Seems these games are pretty common for the sec these days. Maybe they finally got some QBs who could complete a forward pass and coaches who didn't call games like they played in the 1920s.

Yes.

Meanwhile an SEC team  is probably going to win another national championship.

Rinse. Repeat.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Wait what's your prediction again? Do you watch games?

Poster: *has opposing point of view*

Standard Reply: “oh yeah? Clearly you don’t watch games!”

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to feel strongly about this year’s Alabama, but plainly stating the “eye test” argument reeks of SEC self-suck slobberfest. 

20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Doug fucking Nussmeier. I’d love to give him credit for being some prognosticator, but he was a total project pick. Filled a hole at QB because of a short bench and other higher rated QBs being scared off by bringing in Felipe Franks. Just shows how little these guys really know.  

For sure. But gotta give credit where credit is due. I think Trask is a better overall player than Justin Fields (who I think is overrated). If Trask were in an Ohio State offense, he would absolutely dominate. I think very highly of him. Hell, he'd beat out Mac Jones if he were at Bama. He's just a total stud. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Lulz

Florida, aggy, Georgia, and Auburn would all smoke every team in the big12. 

But yeah maybe after the top 5 teams in the conference the big 12 teams could complete.

I'm usually not drinking SEC kool aid, but this year the big 12 sucked shit

The Big 12 has the worst talent in the P5   After OU/Texas, the drop off is dramatic.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't the secsecsec dorks used to chastise the Big 12 for having these types of games? Seems these games are pretty common for the sec these days. Maybe they finally got some QBs who could complete a forward pass and coaches who didn't call games like they played in the 1920s.

If you watch the games, it looks like bad defense in the big 12 because it is bad defense. Then blowU goes to the CFP and gives up 65 points and it's obvious it's just bad defense in the big 12, because it's bad defense in the big 12.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Come on, man.  You’re going to shit on Florida for losing in Death Valley when the Big XII champion lost to freaking Kansas State? Let’s be real, that Florida team would likely boat race both teams we saw today.  

They are not miles better as a program but they are an extremely good football team.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Poster: *has opposing point of view*

Standard Reply: “oh yeah? Clearly you don’t watch games!”

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to feel strongly about this year’s Alabama, but plainly stating the “eye test” argument reeks of SEC self-suck slobberfest. 

Well they don't play between conferences this year, so the eye test is all there is. 

You the one that thinks Clemson is gonna beat bama by 14???