Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

5 hours ago, DexterMorgan said:

And not a single fuck was given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0-5 sucks, don't get me wrong.  This is different altogether though.  I'm more optimistic at 0-5 now than I ever was with Riley, even when they were ranked #7 NUMBER FUCKING #7 less than 2 years ago going into Madison.  I knew that floor was gonna drop and when it did there was no escape, because I could see that facade from 300+ miles away.  

I've watched every second of every game this year and every fucking mistake that has cost them games is correctable.  Shoulda coulda woulda is that they should probably be 3-2 but they aren't so it don't fucking matter.  0-5 is what it is, and it doesn't scare me to death.

I'll take this 0-5 over 2016 7-0 any fucking day of the week, because I know what the potential is on the other side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

0-5 sucks, don't get me wrong.  This is different altogether though.  I'm more optimistic at 0-5 now than I ever was with Riley, even when they were ranked #7 NUMBER FUCKING #7 less than 2 years ago going into Madison.  I knew that floor was gonna drop and when it did there was no escape, because I could see that facade from 300+ miles away.  

I've watched every second of every game this year and every fucking mistake that has cost them games is correctable.  Shoulda coulda woulda is that they should probably be 3-2 but they aren't so it don't fucking matter.  0-5 is what it is, and it doesn't scare me to death.

I'll take this 0-5 over 2016 7-0 any fucking day of the week, because I know what the potential is on the other side.

I think, sometimes it takes a bit more to thoroughly clean out the rot... In this case, the players had bought into Riley's system of rewards without the work... Scott should be able to get it turned around, in another year or two; as if Frost can do it in UCF, he can do it in Nebraska as well... 

9 hours ago, kopp0e said:

The same as done at any program looking for a sliver of hope...

QB at Alabama? check. Hottest QB in the NFL? Check

And might as well throw in comparing a converted TE that has played exactly one game to Dave Rimington (you know the guy who has a college football award named after him for the best college Center) I don't know might be a little bit of false hope too-

It's not surprising but the beat writers aren't supposed to be fan boys but holy shit they have no problem showing their cards when the team they cover just tied the worst start in the history of the program.

Wow. Those are horrible.

It reminds me of a quip from former Oklahoma State head coach Pat Jones, who was asked if he thought Nebraska was going to struggle during a certain year and responded that so long as they still had Ns on their helmets they would be just fine.

Well I guess they are screwed now.

Edited by Valmy77

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Wow. Those are horrible.

It reminds me of a quip from former Oklahoma State head coach Pat Jones, who was asked if he thought Nebraska was going to struggle during a certain year and responded that so long as they still had Ns on their helmets they would be just fine.

Well I guess they are screwed now.

The N stands for Nowledge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Happy anniversary, Nebraska fans! 

8 years ago today, Nebraska went full aggy and dedicated an entire offseason to beating one team in their last season in the Big 12: Texas. 

And boy, did Garrett Gilbert and the gang send them out with a bang.

And the irony in all of it is that their most beloved persona is the one who fucked them into irrelevance. All over butt hurt, jealousy and spite.

The loss of NQs hurt them some but it was the loss of his very questionable walk on program that torpedoed that ship... Whether the B12 killed his NQ program or not, the NCAA would have killed it tje following year when they killed both of his practices with reforms across the board.

Even funnier was the attempt to torpedo the Conference on the way out.  Instead leaving with class like Colorado or Maryland or even Missouri did, he made a circus of the whole thing. It wasn't Texas he was trying  to destroy on the way out. He knew there was too much money on the table for Texas not to land on it's feet. Instead he tried to blow up the conference to punish the smaller members of the old Big 8 for not catering to his ego and the entire sports world let him clown himself without calling out a single lie. Alotbof that probably has to do with it was a great change of pace in the sports world with sensational stories to cover, and itn spiraled out of control so fast that nobody was going to risk having the seseless pitchfork mob turn on them right along with Texas.  

And for the record, it wasn't Texas that had you removed from the ACC. It was your new family led by Michigan who lead that charge. Your old family tried to keep you in but there wasn't enough votes between the few B12 members to do so. But even to this day, when one of your own,  whether it be a reporter or a forum member, you dumb fucks still insist bevo masterminded the entire thing... 

Aggy on the other hand tried to torpedo the conference to kill off Texas.  They really belive Texas would get left out. They honestly thought they were taking the entire State of Texas fanbase with them and it would be the finishing blow (for most of their fans, literally) if the Conference died with us. 

• Like 5

Amazing troll job by Iowa. Well worth the click to read the whole article. 

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/batshit-insanity/2018/10/3209/breaking-news-bankruptcy-court-seizes-nebraskas-national-championship-trophies

The iconic trophies — which the once-vaunted Cornhuskers won while flouting minimum academic standards, complaints from local residents, and the Nebraska Criminal Code in the mid-1990s — were the last thing mentioned in literally every argument about Nebraska football in the last 20 years.  They have become so integral to the regular Nebraskan's way of life that the program's fans fired both the former head coach and athletic director, just to throw $35 million at a coach who can't beat Northwestern or Troy but was in the general proximity of the trophies during his early 20s. 

• Like 1

Jerry Tagge aummmm, Rich Glover aummmmmm, Johnny Rodgers aummmmmm.

Repeat mantra until next season. This too shall pass.  Speaking of passes, don't first year corches get a pass?  Well, then, give the guy a fuckin pass awready.

Edited by Bama Llama

On 10/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, kopp0e said:

It seems that the ripple effects of Mike Stoops firing is effecting both the assistant coaches & fans of Kansas...

How do you know when your program is actually dead and not in an extended down swing? 

When you are agruing with a jayhalk about who is ranked higher in football and neither team is inside 100. 

It's probably time to the corpse to rest.

• Like 1