2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

16 hours ago, threesheets said:

That Harden garbage is not common.  And if Luka ever pulled that shit early in a contract he could get fucked anyway.  I don't think he's the type but who the fuck knows.

We'll see. They've already killed the coach and the GM to appease him. His supporting cast is among the worst in the league and fair or not, he's going to start taking heat if they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs again. And the west is almost certainly going to be tougher next year. Among the contenders, only the Clippers appear to be any worse and that's only because of Kawhi's injury. Where are the Mavs in the pecking order? 

40 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We'll see. They've already killed the coach and the GM to appease him. His supporting cast is among the worst in the league and fair or not, he's going to start taking heat if they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs again. And the west is almost certainly going to be tougher next year. Among the contenders, only the Clippers appear to be any worse and that's only because of Kawhi's injury. Where are the Mavs in the pecking order? 

As far as the West goes, the Clippers and Nuggets are almost certainly going to be worse due to injury. I'm not willing to say the Lakers have improved much because Westbrook is a complete wildcard. Warriors will definitely be better but are another year older. It seems to me the Mavs have a ceiling around the 3 seed if everything breaks right. Hopefully just by having a better playoff matchup, they will be able to get out of the first round. 

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

As far as the West goes, the Clippers and Nuggets are almost certainly going to be worse due to injury. I'm not willing to say the Lakers have improved much because Westbrook is a complete wildcard. Warriors will definitely be better but are another year older. It seems to me the Mavs have a ceiling around the 3 seed if everything breaks right. Hopefully just by having a better playoff matchup, they will be able to get out of the first round. 

They were probably a 3 seed last year if they didn’t have the worst COVID outbreak in the league.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fired the GM to appease Luka? Nah its because the GM had done a bad job the last decade outside of recognizing the 18 year old Euro MVP was a player.

Signing KP to the max right away with no injury protections killed the Mavs short term championship hopes. Literally stuck until KP's contract comes off the books. Still think they make the 2nd round this season though.

Another thing that hurt the Mavs was thinking cap space was the be all end all. Miami and others have proven you can easily create cap space when needed. 

I knew what seven and a half feet was. I knew where it came up to on my bedroom wall. I didn't have a sense of what that actually meant til I was sitting across the dinner table from an 18 year old yao ming and his knees were level with the table.

5 hours ago, Rholl said:

15 whole minutes in Olympics and sat the whole bronze medal game .... now not seeing the floor in summer ball???  

When you have an organization like ours, which takes player development about as seriously as I take advice from a cat, then you get dumbass decisions like this. 

We already cut Tyler Bey, who was the #36 pick in the 2020 draft. Tyrell Terry looks like an adolescent out there on the court who has demonstrated some skill on the rare occasion he doesn't get his shot rejected out to half court. Meanwhile Desmond Bane and Saddiq Bey have treated these summer league games the way legit and promising young NBA basketball players are supposed to,  light work

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

J Kidd quotes from Giannis bio:

"Naturally a winner. He's a competitive motherfucker," says Chris Copeland.

"He was like a professor. Instead of telling you what to do, he engages you, empowers you, by asking, 'What do you see?' " says Jason Terry, Bucks guard from 2016-2018 who also played for Kidd in Brooklyn in 2014.

"He'd just brutalize people," says another player. "There's plenty of teammates that I had that didn't like him, not as just as a coach but a person." - No name given

"I think he may have had rocky relationships with a lot of players. But one thing he did was laid the foundation of a winning team. Sometimes the way he went about it, he was an asshole, but I think it paid off in the long run." - Johnny O'Bryant Bucks forward from 2014-2016

"I don't want to sound negative. Kidd would embarrass the culprit of an error by making everyone but that person run sprints for his mistake. He had his way of getting his point across." - Brandon Knight

"Kidd poured hours into helping Giannis but was less sympathetic with other players. I don't think he could identify with the average player. There's a reason Hall of Famers are Hall of Famers. I think he would take it out on other players and verbally go at them. Why can't you be as good as Jason Kidd? Film sessions were humiliating. He was hard on a lot of guys because his IQ was so much higher than everybody. "

From the Giannis book-

"Giannis would pepper Dudley, the veteran teammate who was becoming a mentor him, with questions on how he could improve. Dudley would tell him how to handle a certain coverage or how to better attack the lane. Giannis never argued or talked back. He was grateful for the advice. Dudley morphed into a big brother. He set the rules. "No partying," Dudley told him."

"Unlike Americans, he had no ego," Dudley says.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...