2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

Man, the Bucks 2-6 players are SOOOOOO much better than the Mavs. Luka is surrounded by shit. 
Yep. Take away every team's best player and judge the remaining roster, Dallas has one of the worst in the league. When Tim Hardaway Jr is your second best player, you are not going to make any real noise. Nothing against him at all. He's a great piece to have. But to rely on him as a #2? Not good.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:
Man, the Bucks 2-6 players are SOOOOOO much better than the Mavs. Luka is surrounded by shit. 

Yep. Take away every team's best player and judge the remaining roster, Dallas has one of the worst in the league. When Tim Hardaway Jr is your second best player, you are not going to make any real noise. Nothing against him at all. He's a great piece to have. But to rely on him as a #2? Not good.

I don’t know about one of the worst, but certainly below average for the league and bottom 3rd of the west.

I think I've talked myself into Lonzo. I know he's not necessarily a shot creator, but he shoots the 3 at a decent enough clip, passes well, and is a good defender. I don't think there's anyone out there that fixes all our issues, but he at least fixes some of them and is young enough to keep improving.  

• Hook 'Em 1

He's a creator.  The Mavs problem is they don't have anyone who can do anything besides catch and shoot unless you consider Josh Green (seriously). Plus he's smart, a good defender, and has a good feel for the game.  All things Dallas lacks.  

I'd be happy with him

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

He's a creator.  The Mavs problem is they don't have anyone who can do anything besides catch and shoot unless you consider Josh Green (seriously). Plus he's smart, a good defender, and has a good feel for the game.  All things Dallas lacks.  

I'd be happy with him

brunson.  but he got swallowed up by LAC's elite defenders.  i think lonzo would be a good fit but i'd prioritize upgrading our catch and shoot threat.

7 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

I think I've talked myself into Lonzo. I know he's not necessarily a shot creator, but he shoots the 3 at a decent enough clip, passes well, and is a good defender. I don't think there's anyone out there that fixes all our issues, but he at least fixes some of them and is young enough to keep improving.  

7 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I'd be happy with him

7 hours ago, Llogg said:

Lonzo makes more sense for Dallas than Lowry. He's a guy that has shown growth in his time in the league, becoming an off the ball shooter and good defender. Still has good instincts and vision. Cubes could definitely do worse (and probably will).

All of this.

But I'd still pay some money for Lowry if offered.

56 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Apparently it’s a one-way trade because Boston had a trade exception from the Gordon Hayward trade. Didn’t even know that was a thing. Either way, we have a shit ton of cap space. 

Opens up a $10.9? million trade exception for us to be used within the next year. Curious how we will navigate utilizing it without committing to a long-term cap hold.

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Rumors: Lowry to the Heat, CP3 and Conley resigning, Lonzo to the Bulls/Knicks, Dinwiddie to the Wizards.

Can’t believe everything right now. Agents posturing for more money. Lowry to the Heat seems like the likeliest scenario though. I think you have to throw the bank at Lonzo at that point, though. Those teams cannot pay as much as Dallas if it came down to it. 

Unlike Dallas Lukas teammates stepped up to finish this game off.

Once again Luka could have had 15 assists but didn’t.

Now Slovenia avoids the US, Australia, and France, and can’t be matched up against Spain either. Basically what most think are the top 4 teams. So they’ll get Germany or Italy.

Confident they’ll beat either one pretty easily and move on to the Semis.

Meaning that win or lose in the semis they’ll, at worst, be playing for the Bronze. And honestly as long as they don’t face the US in the semis, I think they got a good shot of playing in the gold medal game.

That's a good deal for THJ.  Feel like he could have gotten more elsewhere, or at least the Mavs would have to pay him more than 20 to keep him.  

Still got some cap room, and I'm expecting Dragic at some point.  Makes too much sense.