2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Stupid. I mean, I don’t doubt that story was largely attributable to Donnie reports. I just think it’s stupid to be so petulant that you fire your GM over a report about a cancer that will cause what will be the best player for the next decade to walk from the team. 

Cuban is a terrible owner. Terrible. I don’t want Donnie or Rick there and glad they are gone. But Bob?  Fuck him too. All this is on Cuban. He can eat a bag of dicks. 

Cuban = Jerry Jones Jr. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Stupid. I mean, I don’t doubt that story was largely attributable to Donnie reports. I just think it’s stupid to be so petulant that you fire your GM over a report about a cancer that will cause what will be the best player for the next decade to walk from the team. 

Cuban is a terrible owner. Terrible. I don’t want Donnie or Rick there and glad they are gone. But Bob?  Fuck him too. All this is on Cuban. He can eat a bag of dicks. 

just because you made a bunch of money luckily timing the .com boom doesn't mean you really know how to run a sports franchise.

same can be said for oil men.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

Luka going to have to show out next season after pushing the coach out. Even if he wasn't overt about it that's the way it plays.

Luka >>> Rick and it isn't even close. Rick should have been shown the door after 2015 or 2016. It was clear by then he was never having another year like 2011. Luka does not need to prove anything next year outside the ordinary. Rick is not some legend coach who will be hard to replace. Good riddance to Rick and good riddance to Donnie. The meltdown against LAC is almost worth it now that they are gone. This is Luka's team and rightfully so. Cuban needs to do whatever he can to make him happy. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Rick is gone

yeah, my guess is after Donnie was fired, Rick was like "I think I'm good, time to move on".  I'm good with the house cleaning to be honest(Rick wasn't going to get it done)but not sure I trust Cuban to actually fix it.  We'll see.  no one wants to play in Dallas for Cuban apparently.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

just because you made a bunch of money luckily timing the .com boom doesn't mean you really know how to run a sports franchise.

same can be said for oil men.

The issue for both Jerry and Cuban is they are waaaay too hands on. If they would just own the team, hire a staff who does know how to create and run a team, they would be fine. But nope. They need to be the center of attention. This goes back to Cuban and the refs and his public spats with David Stern, who fucking hated us. I believe we paid for that, too on the court. Especially in the 2006 Finals. By 2011, Cuban mellowed out and chilled on his childish bullshit he used to pull the previous decade. Both of them love making everything about them. Being in the news for whatever reason = success. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Dude this is more than fine. All of these moves are great. Now if Bob can get fucked, we are fine. Donnie and Rick have led us nowhere in 10 years. Can’t attract free agents. Good riddance. 

this.  ask Jokic's agent which coach he'd most like to play for, get Luka's approval and hire that guy.

Get fucking rid of the self important "quant/gambler". no basketball coach worth his salt is going to want to deal with that shit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, my guess is after Donnie was fired, Rick was like "I think I'm good, time to move on".  I'm good with the house cleaning to be honest(Rick wasn't going to get it done)but not sure I trust Cuban to actually fix it.  We'll see.  no one wants to play in Dallas for Cuban apparently.

No one wants to admit this is true. No players want to willingly comes to Dallas and play with Cuban's team. I know they want to spin it as other circumstances but to me, this is the reason this front office can't land any decent free agent with any amount of consistency. They all come from trades (outside of their control). Cuban is the problem. I sure as hell don't have trust in him building a staff and team around Luka unless he steps out the picture and lets people who know what they are doing take over. He's the one who stepped in and stopped us from getting Giannis and we drafted some spare instead. Now in hindsight, this was better as we got a better player in Luka. But that is besides the point. An owner should not be meddling in decisions like that. That is a fucking Jerry Jones move.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed. If you knew some of the multimillionaires and even billionaires I know from the oil bidness, their pure luck would strike you much more than their intelligence. 

Cuban had ALWAYS been a bad owner. People never realized that Don and Donnie built the team. Nobody else. Cuban is a fucking Frankenstein looking dork that cannot attract black stars to Dallas because he’s a fucking irritating nerd who refuses to take a back seat. 

tons of people made money ONCE in networking boom and .com boom.  I know plenty of them.  95% of them couldn't repeat.  that doesn't mean they aren't still rich because they wisely invested the fuck you money they made but it doesn't make them geniuses.

TLDR: timing is everything.....just ask Rick Carlisle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Dude this is more than fine. All of these moves are great. Now if Bob can get fucked, we are fine. Donnie and Rick have led us nowhere in 10 years. Can’t attract free agents. Good riddance. 

So your position is that Cuban is an awful owner, but that we are “more than fine” without a coach or GM? Does not compute.

I’m fully on board with Donnie being gone. I think Carlisle is one of the 10 best coaches in the NBA and it’s very unlikely we upgrade, but (1) voices can grow stale, and (2) more importantly, it’s a star driven league and if Luka has an issue, see you later Rick. 

Every action Cuban takes over the next few weeks needs to be made in lock step with Luka. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Luka going to have to show out next season after pushing the coach out. Even if he wasn't overt about it that's the way it plays.

Feels like more of a Cuban backlash, since he has seemingly failed to surround his star players with a worthwhile team. If it doesn't get fixed, Luka gonna be gone soon. Wasted Dirks twilight years, looking to waste Luka's prime. 

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

So your position is that Cuban is an awful owner, but that we are “more than fine” without a coach or GM? Does not compute.

I’m fully on board with Donnie being gone. I think Carlisle is one of the 10 best coaches in the NBA and it’s very unlikely we upgrade, but (1) voices can grow stale, and (2) more importantly, it’s a star driven league and if Luka has an issue, see you later Rick. 

Every action Cuban takes over the next few weeks needs to be made in lock step with Luka. 

if star players don't want to play for your coach or organization/owner you are pretty much fucked.  It isn't shocking this is all happening in Luka's 3rd year.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Feels like more of a Cuban backlash, since he has seemingly failed to surround his star players with a worthwhile team. If it doesn't get fixed, Luka gonna be gone soon. Wasted Dirks twilight years, looking to waste Luka's prime. 

exactly.  this is all about Cuban's consistent fuckery.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

So in this town we have two narcissist over-involved owners who would rather be centers of attention than win, some fucking Baylor weirdos who are cheap assholes and a Canuck who seems like the only one that runs things on reasonable rails.  

football is so much more about coaching.

basketball is all about star free agents and bit of the coach maximizing the role players(Pop is the master at this).  Rick was a good coach once and still "OK" but the name of the game has really changed since 2011.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This aged real well.

you think Donnie and Rick planned to quit together if they couldn't push out quant?  Donnie makes the power move to see where he stands, Cuban sides with quant and then Donnie says I'm out.  Rick says he's out.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I thought Donnie and Rick both needed to go but this has all the makings of the typical Cuban clown show. He looks like moron after the hard denial of the Cato story. He deserves it. He's been the problem since 2012. 

but he sounds so smart when he talks about digital currency and when he's on Shark Tank!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Fuck the noise and the haters.

Thanks to Rick for winning the only championship in franchise history.

That was Dirk morphing into a fucking force that could not be stopped as well as the veteran help from J Kidd, Marion, Tyson and Terry. Rick's terrible roster management in game could not come into play that year because it was a veteran team who led themselves. But it was on full display the year before when he chose JJB over Roddy B against the Spurs. He plays the wrong people too much and the right ones too little.

Rick is Mike McCarthy. Both have one ring. Both have not did jack shit outside of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

but he sounds so smart when he talks about digital currency and when he's on Shark Tank!

Cuban doesn't have the self-awareness to realize he's Jerry Jones without the cache of the Cowboys brand to make his franchise appealing to players. I'm still bitter over keeping the powder dry. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So Rick Carlisle walks away from a team with a 22 year old mega-superstar?

Drama in Dallas is so tiresome.

Owners who live to be in front of TV cameras and make it all about their egos achieve modest success at best.  If I was a Dallas fan, I would be praying for the day when Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban return to the states whence they came.