2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

23 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Donnie is out 

If anything this proves that Donnie was the main source for the Athletic article. Which was obvious given how all of the successes in the article were attributed to him while all of the problems were attributed to Harrallabos (sp?).

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

Why do you think that? Just curious. 

Because I'm a huge fan of his, always have been. He's brilliant analytically, and he knows the game more than people seem to think.  If anyone is unfamiliar with him, don't base your opinion solely on the Donnie-Cato hit piece that's been exposed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

Shit moving quick:

Doesn't sound like Bob will be the guy. 

I'm sure someone will want the job and money but what are you going to do as the Head of Basketball Operations if "the quant" reports directly to Cuban and the coach and can overrule you on any personnel decisions you make. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

I'm sure someone will want the job and money but what are you going to do as the Head of Basketball Operations if "the quant" reports directly to Cuban and the coach and can overrule you on any personnel decisions you make. 

Ticket brought up an idea I hadn't thought about: Carlisle to the front office? 

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

1st call needs to be to Masai.  Give him whatever he wants and remind him he already has Luka.

Really? I mean, you have to be the Clippers to have Kawhi on your squad and not make the finals apparently. What moves was he responsible for in building that team otherwise? I'm legitimately not sure.

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Ticket brought up an idea I hadn't thought about: Carlisle to the front office? 

Do not want. Get new blood in here. No need to keep a stale voice in a position with needed change. Glad Donnie is gone, though. It was long overdue for some change. Head coach should be next but Cuban seems married to Rick at the moment. I can see that changing if Luka really wanted him gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And Cuban said all this was bullshit but then turns around and parts ways with Donnie. Definitely something to all of this, just like his sexual harrassment he tried to downplay.

Cuban will tell you the truth you just have to listen to what he says and assume the opposite.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Really? I mean, you have to be the Clippers to have Kawhi on your squad and not make the finals apparently. What moves was he responsible for in building that team otherwise? I'm legitimately not sure.

It looks to me like he's been at the helm ever since they got good. They made the playoffs every year he was GM except last season. Made the 2nd round 5 years in a row including a trip to at least the conference finals twice. We would all kill for a 5 year stretch like that. Even if Kawhi was the one to get them over the top, he would have Luka here. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yep.  Looks like Donnie overplayed his hand going to Cato.  Fascinating.

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And Cuban said all this was bullshit but then turns around and parts ways with Donnie. Definitely something to all of this, just like his sexual harrassment he tried to downplay.

To all three of you - Mark Cuban is a different breed of cat, but to me that article was so embarrassing that neither of those guys should be retained further. I appreciate what Donnie has brought to the franchise but airing interpersonal bullshit in public through the press is simply unacceptable. Likewise Bob's involvement in the bullshit. His job is data, not creating thrash or culture problems.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

To all three of you - Mark Cuban is a different breed of cat, but to me that article was so embarrassing that neither of those guys should be retained further. I appreciate what Donnie has brought to the franchise but airing interpersonal bullshit in public through the press is simply unacceptable. Likewise Bob's involvement in the bullshit. His job is data, not creating thrash or culture problems.

Agreed on all fronts. 

11 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

It looks to me like he's been at the helm ever since they got good. They made the playoffs every year he was GM except last season. Made the 2nd round 5 years in a row including a trip to at least the conference finals twice. We would all kill for a 5 year stretch like that. Even if Kawhi was the one to get them over the top, he would have Luka here. 

I'm not killing anybody to be Portland.

The original Hayward signing was a great signing. It's not Ainge's fault he broken his leg in half his first game with the team. Hopefully Cuban's penchant got wheeling and dealing will rub off on Ainge's hoarding assets tendancies. Regardless Ainge's recent comments about athletes probably makes him a no anyways.   

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The original Hayward signing was a great signing. It's not Ainge's fault he broken his leg in half his first game with the team. Hopefully Cuban's penchant got wheeling and dealing will rub off on Ainge's hoarding assets tendancies. Regardless Ainge's recent comments about athletes probably makes him a no anyways.   

If we’re going to go with a former player, I would just assume give Finley a shot. 

10 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Have always wondered about these search firms. This firm know the NBA inside and out or they just random Ivy league dudes that know zero about basketball and just hunt for NBA executives with cool sounding professional titles?

I don't know the answer to your question, but there's a distinct possibility that this search is all for show and they just land on Finley. I'm not opposed to Finley at all, but it would be nice to see if there are any other good candidates.