Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

I know this doesn't belong on this thread, but whatever. Since you have issues with Herb Hand why are you bringing up Hands supposed lack of recruiting ability with Okafor and Imade???? They both committed  and signed when Charlie Strong was head coach. Also, Kerstetter and Cosmi signed when Warehime was offensive line coach. 

I was pointing out that for every project that works out at OL there is another that doesn't work out. Kerstetter and Cosmi were projects that worked out, Imade and Okafor did not. So when your depth chart is comprised of 2 guys that were around .95+ and a bunch of projects, you are going into the season not knowing what is going to happen. Hand needs to knock the 2021 class out of the park.

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I was pointing out that for every project that works out at OL there is another that doesn't work out. Kerstetter and Cosmi were projects that worked out, Imade and Okafor did not. So when your depth chart is comprised of 2 guys that were around .95+ and a bunch of projects, you are going into the season not knowing what is going to happen. Hand needs to knock the 2021 class out of the park.

So if half the projects work out, and we have a bunch of projects, then that means....

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Kerstetter and Cosmi were both transition class takes so I disagree with the premise of your argument. Also, the fact that Okafor was a top 300 player in the nation takes him out of the project takes section. 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. More dipshittery from HtownHorn. He forgot to point out that Hand didn’t recruit any of Cosmi, Kerstetter, Imade, Okafor, etc. and that our average recruit ranking on the OL has jumped considerably since those days and has been climbing very class under Hand and likely will again in 2021. 

Oh and we’ve hit on enough of those “projects,” like Cosmi and Kerstetter that we don’t have a dire need for more than one or two the young, highly rated guys to contribute until 2021. 

• Like 1

via Hamm Lite ::

I knew people would ask, so here are the A&M signees/targets and the Texas ones too.

TEXAS A&M SIGNEES - Current Rank (Previous)
Jaylon Jones - 16 (27)
Demond Demas - 31 (11)
Antonio Johnson - 47 (184)
Donell Harris - 52 (51)
Devon Achane - 54 (96)
Haynes King - 109 (84)
Edgerrin Cooper 114 (264)
Antonio Doyle - 119 (147)
Fadil Diggs - 175 (160)
Muhsin Muhammad III - 187 (171)
Chris Morris - 241 (225)

TEXAS A&M TARGETS
Zachary Evans - 33 (17)
McKinnley Jackson - 65 (175)

TEXAS SIGNEES
Bijan Robinson - 21 (23)
Ja'Quinden Jackson - 46 (55)
Hudson Card - 69 (67)
Prince Dorbah - 124 (123)
Kitan Crawford - 144 (180)
Xavion Alford - 170 (145)
Jerrin Thompson - 194 (158)
Vernon Broughton - 195 (172)
Jaylen Garth - 213 (152)
Logan Parr - 244 (215)
Andrej Karic - Dropped out of Top247 (161)

TEXAS TARGETS
Alfred Collins - 32 (40)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He has a point at CB and WR. The others.... not so much

EPZf12LWAAA4EB_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Lulz. Not knowing JQJ’s ultimate position doesn’t make him a question mark in the class, you stupid ah. He’s an absolutely elite athlete that will find success one way or another, be it QB, LB, or elsewhere. 

We have 4 DL (with collins) and 3 of them are top 200 in the nation.

WR’s no doubt a trash heap. But even CB is fairly solid, If we get Rakestraw, then we have two good outside CB prospects and J. Thompson could be a really good fit at Nickel. 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

stupid 'sip, everyone knows your overhaul your staff before the start of the season. That's how champions do it.

Out of curiosity, when as a staff ever been overhauled, outside of scandal firings or death, except at the end of a season? Also, if we wanted to be semantic fagets, thanks to Herman's molasses approach we overhauled our staff at the beginning of the new year. 'Tards

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lulz, did this guy discuss how they still have a shitty OL room and did nothing to address it in this class?

Or having a QB room next year with Calzada/Stowers/King?

Or only having 1 scholarship RB on campus and what do they do?  Add the #900-whatever to go with it.

CB is still not so hot adding a 5'10 165 lb. guy and a JUCO, which didn't go so well this past season with Blades.

• Like 1

It's a gotdamn Maroon Media Conspiracy, I tell you! That sheep fucker Barton Simmons is cowtowin' to the richest college in America - Texas A&M! Those redasses saw a total jump of 274 spots while the clearly superior commits from the oppressed tee ewe fell a collective 200+ spots in their final ranking. 274 - 247. Coincidence? I think NOT! We should boycott 247! FART NOISES!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More:

Hide contents

EPZ08AoWkAA9kwP?format=jpg&name=smallEPZ08eLW4Acbi0k?format=jpg&name=small

Which Jeffcoat kid they talkin bout? The one that won the Hendricks Award and Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year his senior year? Looks to me he did fine in college. The fact that the NFL didn't draft him doesn't diminish his accomplishments in college.

9 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Neither one worthy of getting offers to a P5 school?  Both throw almost as many INTs as touchdowns?  Sounds like an OK comp to me...

my brain automatically went to franchise QB (whether good or not, you can decide yourself) in the NFL, and I would put every dollar in my bank account on the fact that King will in fact NOT be that.

Just now, Mason Ramsey said:

my brain automatically went to franchise QB (whether good or not, you can decide yourself) in the NFL, and I would put every dollar in my bank account on the fact that King will in fact NOT be that.

You say "my brain automatically went to franchise QB."  But my brain automatically went to "do you remember how small and weird Brett Favre's penis is and also how he was wearing crocs in bed?"

• Like 2