2020 Liberty Bowl - Army vs. West Virginia @ Memphis - 3pm ESPN

texifornia

Well, #56 of WVirginia only reminds me of one player in Texas history, one Brad Shearer, All-American DL, Outland Trophy winner.  The quickness of a DL this good is what separates him, imo.  Many DL have strength, but pair it with quickness and you have Outland Trophy level, and first rounder material.  

I have no idea what Army will need to do to deal with this guy. 

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Well, #56 of WVirginia only reminds me of one player in Texas history, one Brad Shearer, All-American DL, Outland Trophy winner.  The quickness of a DL this good is what separates him, imo.  Many DL have strength, but pair it with quickness and you have Outland Trophy level, and first rounder material.  

I have no idea what Army will need to do to deal with this guy. 

Darius Stills. Looks like a lot of outside runs and chipping him.

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

Who is this coach Neal Brown?  Is he another B12 coach better than Herm?  Whose coaching tree did he fall from? 

No single mentor (if anything, Tuberville), but played for Mumme's Kentucky before transferring to UMass. Real country dude who did well at Troy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Brown

Edited by texifornia

25 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

In other news Doege missed a wide open TD on 3rd down.  Doege blows.  Neal Brown will be a problem if he ever gets a real QB. 

He's no Austin Kendall.  I agree about Brown.  They've been respectable with pretty shitty qb play.

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’m torn here.  I love me some service academy due to their 1950s offense and that these guys will be future leaders of our defense department, but also want to see our  couch-burning brothers have a reason to celebrate.  

I'm good with anyone from Big 12 winning a bowl game except OU.

30 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Power lifter kicker says fuck leg day and just squeaks a 31 yarder over the bar.  In other news Doege missed a wide open TD on 3rd down.  Doege blows.  Neal Brown will be a problem if he ever gets a real QB. 

Greene could be a good one though he's undersized. Dude plays like he has the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder and is much more athletic than either of our other 2 this year.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Arkansas - TCU was supposed to be the night game, but COVID

Thanks - makes sense, but I am surprised that anyone decided that having simultaneous afternoon games was still the right thing to do once Arky/Fatterson was canceled. 

Maybe it was impossible to reschedule on short notice, but if so, that's still pretty poor planning by someone somewhere.