Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

On 2/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean shit, you could say the same about the 49ers with Shanahan. Shanahan runs circles around McCarthy, just like Bruce Areans does. But Jerry got mesmerized by McCarthy when he really should’ve been mesmerized by Rodgers. 

Bruce Arians is a fucking joke.  He doesn’t run that team, and had little to do with their super bowl run. 

25 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Bruce Arians is a fucking joke.  He doesn’t run that team, and had little to do with their super bowl run. 

The head coach doesn’t had very little to do with a super bowl run, eh? So I guess he was a joke in Arizona too when he had them one drive away from winning a super bowl. C’mon Trey. I feel like you’re better than that. That’s just a dumb take. Whether you think I’m overrating him as a head coach or not, he’s definitely not a joke lol. I happen to think he’s a pretty damn good head coach though, and I would say 99% of the people in the NFL (players, coaches, front office) agree with me.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The head coach doesn’t had very little to do with a super bowl run, eh? So I guess he was a joke in Arizona too when he had them one drive away from winning a super bowl. C’mon Trey. I feel like you’re better than that. That’s just a dumb take. Whether you think I’m overrating him as a head coach or not, he’s definitely not a joke lol. I happen to think he’s a pretty damn good head coach though, and I would say 99% of the people in the NFL (players, coaches, front office) agree with me.

Tampa was struggling earlier this year trying to fit the square peg into the proverbial round hole.   Once they started running a more TB12 offense, they started winning.  What they did in their run was all Brady, at the behest of Arians’ system.  

and Ken Whisenhunt was the coach that had the cardinals a drive away from winning the super bowl, not Bruce Arians.  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Tampa was struggling earlier this year trying to fit the square peg into the proverbial round hole.   Once they started running a more TB12 offense, they started winning.  What they did in their run was all Brady, at the behest of Arians’ system.  

and Ken Whisenhunt was the coach that had the cardinals a drive away from winning the super bowl, not Bruce Arians.  

Ahh good call. You’re right. Either way my point still stands. He runs circles around fat dumb fuck McCarthy, and he had a pretty damn good run with the cardinals where they had a few playoff runs cut short because of qb injuries. He’s definitely not a joke of a coach. 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, LTtxfan said:

Crazy Spitballin'...... Rebuild 

Try to sign and trade DAK now and get pick(s) plus a stop-gap QB in return

• Jets/Darnold
  • Bears/Foles
  • Colts/Eason
  • Panthers/Bridgewater
  • Dolphins/Tua 
  • Raiders/Carr
  • Broncos/Lock

Don't be afraid to trade a WR before the 2021 NFL Draft.

Bring back Dalton for another year.

1. 2021 Draft start filling holes OL, Defense
  2. 2022 Draft QB and fill needs 
  3. Free up cap space for 2022 & 2023 for a few free agents

This is Jerry we are talking about. He has turned the once proud Dallas Cowboys franchise into the Detroit Lions. None of the stuff you propose makes sense to him. Yet the National media says he is a winner and wants to win even after 25 years of utter mediocrity.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Oh bullshit. Their damn defense was the star of the playoffs. The offense was solid to very good at times. And to act like the coach had little impact on that is asinine. Arians is good. He has a .600 career record with the badass orgs such as Indy, Arizona and Tampa. Five out 6 years as Steelers OC they won double digit games. 12 wins 3 times. And he was OC the last time they won a super bowl. Leftwich is good. Better than Bienemy. Todd Bowles whom Arians gave his 1st DC job. Good. Hell maybe great. Both those coordinators will be head coaches.

That damn defense created 4 turnovers versus the Saints stealing momentum multiple times and creating short fields - 3, 20 and 40 yard TD drives. The defense shut down the Pack after 3 2nd half turnovers and held on the final drive although the Pack screwed it up. The defense held Patrick Mahomes out of the endzone and to single digits.

Now some of the unsung heroes. Devin White - 2nd year, Murphy-Bunting - 2nd year, Winfield- rookie. Tristan Wirfs, 9th ranked OT by PFF - rookie. They've got good 3rd year guys too. Absolutely reasonable and expected that a second year in the defensive system those guys will improve. Same for the vets. Next pair em up with talented experience Barrett, Suh, Vea - 3rd year, David, Pierre-Paul. That's a team.

You can do similar for the offense. Best mix of versatility in the league at WR - experience, a little youth, big, tall, quick, fast. Chances are the only guy you take is Hill over Evans in Chiefs vs Bucs. And what a loser if you get stuck with Evans. Godwin, Brown, Miller are better football players than their counterparts on the Chiefs not necessarily including Watkins who is hurt half the time. Depth at TE. Depth at RB. Solid, mostly healthy Oline. Experience at QB like none other.

You can harp on 7-9 in Year 1. With a QB that turned the ball over a ridiculous amount and some youth is not a bad year 1. They've hit both drafts very well. You add Fournette, Brown, Gronkowski and Brady outside the draft.

That's the best roster in the league with a great mix of older guys, maturing guys and young talent.

Point is - don't make up shit to kiss one dude's ass and down play every other component. I've seen several people on here downplay Arians. The numbers don't support it. Reason doesn't support it. Again Leftwich and Bowles must think enough of him. Pretty sure Leftwich was on the Steelers when Arians was there.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean shit, you could say the same about the 49ers with Shanahan. Shanahan runs circles around McCarthy, just like Bruce Areans does. But Jerry got mesmerized by McCarthy when he really should’ve been mesmerized by Rodgers. 

TL;DR McCarthy took the job for the bucks. He was burned out his last couple of years at Green Bay, but he'll take $4 million to say "sounds good boss" whenever Jerry has a random neural firing. 

Confession: I haven't watched a Cowboys game since Garrett iced his own kicker. That was in 2011. So, you know how up to date I am on the team. 

The soliloquy: Jerry's early success hurt him later, and (IMHO) he's a functioning alcoholic. His decisions remind me of playing poker with a drunk. Ever play poker with a drunk, he's sitting on two pair, and still throws money on the table like it's four of a kind?

The Deion Sanders trade was what ruined him. He traded for Deion, they won the Super Bowl next year. It set two patterns. Jerry became convinced he could identify talent, and he also thinks he's perpetually one big signing away from a Super Bowl win. He picks a guy, figures HE'S THE GUY, and that's how you end up with the Elliot contact, drafting a fourth rounder, Quincy Carter, in the second round, and filling out the roster with a bunch of guys named Norm. 

Tom Brady turned the Patriots, and then the Buccaneers, into places people wanted to go to win. Jerry turned the Cowboys into a place where guys want to go for a paycheck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

How exactly did Tampa run a TB12 offense this year? They threw the most deep balls in the league by far.  

On 2/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, Had Enough said:

Oh bullshit. Their damn defense was the star of the playoffs.

This right here. Not to take anything away from Brady, he's certainly clutch and has earned his stripes, but he didn't to that much in the Superbowl and threw three interceptions on consecutive late dries on the championship game. He was not carrying the team on his shoulders by any means, in a Superbowl game where he averaged 6.5 yards per completion on 201 yards passing. D was the main factor. Some good fortune with match-ups and a decimated KC O-line, gimpy Maholmes, and Reid's fuckhead son being a massive distraction were big factors as well.

23 minutes ago, DougO said:

This right here. Not to take anything away from Brady, he's certainly clutch and has earned his stripes, but he didn't to that much in the Superbowl and threw three interceptions on consecutive late dries on the championship game. He was not carrying the team on his shoulders by any means, in a Superbowl game where he averaged 6.5 yards per completion on 201 yards passing. D was the main factor. Some good fortune with match-ups and a decimated KC O-line, gimpy Maholmes, and Reid's fuckhead son being a massive distraction were big factors as well.

Brady has 7 rings and to this day, people nitpick and still tell us how he didn't do that much and downplay what he did lmao. He beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes to win a ring in his 40s with the god awful Bucs but still, because he didn't throw for 7 tds and 500 yards, he didn't do much. Brady could have scored 50 against KC if he wanted but they were playing to run time off in the 2nd half.

I've never seen a guy accomplish so much but get demeaned and then guys like Mahomes and Rodgers get every excuse in the world made for them if they lose.

Brady out dueled Rodgers, Mahomes and Brees and it wasn't even close.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Brady has 7 rings and to this day, people nitpick and still tell us how he didn't do that much and downplay what he did lmao. He beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes to win a ring in his 40s with the god awful Bucs but still, because he didn't throw for 7 tds and 500 yards, he didn't do much. Brady could have scored 50 against KC if he wanted but they were playing to run time off in the 2nd half.

I've never seen a guy accomplish so much but get demeaned and then guys like Mahomes and Rodgers get every excuse in the world made for them if they lose.

This. Very few qbs in a SB have an awesome stat line unless it's an offensive fuckfest with zero defense being played on either side. Brady made the throws when it mattered earlier in the game, period. Two of his picks were basically punts. 

Stats are for losers.....

• Like 1

You guys are getting side tracked. Let’s remember how we got here. We got here because “Bruce Arians is a joke of a head coach who barely had any impact on TB winning a super bowl.” Which is just a ridiculous take from an otherwise reasonable poster.

We’ve all had bad takes on this message board. I said the colts wouldn’t miss andrew luck as much as people think because Jacoby Brissett is a middle tier starting caliber qb. I’ll own that, and plenty of other bad takes that I’ve had. But my man Trey had one of his worst the other day. Happens to the best of us. 

Give his teammates credit. That's the thing, Brady worshippers give little credit to every one but him. In 3 of those super bowl wins, the D was the story and dominant. In another they picked it off on the 1 to win it. In two losses, the D really played well enough to win it unless you consider 17 and 21 points too much to overcome. You're arguing against giving credit to the defense for being great and leading the way. You're demeaning that defense for a truly great performance given the circumstances. And a common reaction was Arians is no good and last year's team was horrible with the implication that those players can't wipe their own arses without Bradys help.

Mahomes was pressured 50% of his damn attempts. A record in the Super Bowl. He dropped two incredible throws on his pass catchers hands on the goalline. They dropped them. And those weren't the only drops. Those are realities not excuses. From time to time you do your job and your teammates don't. Sometimes it is appropriate to disregard stats and a singular position when talking about a team game. Mahomes was pretty incredible, but the numbers say he was shitty. Brady was mostly a bus driver aided by dumb and questionable penalties against KC. If the refs "let em play," the Bucs have 10 points at half. Against a middling defense. 200 passing yards is a bus driver in that particular game. Heck Peyton's last Super Bowl was when he wasn't a good player but he played well enough to win. Just drove the bus. That year.

And I suppose if by outdueled you mean win, then I guess he outdueled Rodgers and Brees. But by the same winning measure it was close rather than "it wasn't even close." As in the score was close. But Brees and his 10 broken ribs was so done that they benched him on a trick play so the backup could get the ball downfield. But they weren't benching him entirely with it potentially his last game and all. If Hill plays, there's a good chance the outcome is different since Brees can't get the ball downfield but 15 yards. And the final decisive play versus Green Bay was a bs job by the officials. Not the PI but the non-call on the RT. And interestingly enough, if this were a normal year, the Saints don't play wildcard weekend and Hill doesn't get hurt.

"God awful Bucs?" Get out of here with that utter dumbassery. They added significant talent and experience from last year. Winston is a moron but he threw for over 5,000 yards last year. Their rookie tackle had a great year. They added Fournette. They added Brown. Honestly choose the Chief or the Buc player at each position. Who do you take? Kelce (but TBs overall TE group is better) and Hill. Maybe Jones and Mathieu. Oh and Butker. Everyone else is probably a Buc.

A 43 year old is so overwhelmingly dependent on his teammates that those teammates should be lauded for protecting his butt. And Brady shows you that every time he collapses under pressure. He just gives up which is smart because he knows one hit could end his season. And the numbers will show you they protect him well. He's also smart for bailing on the Pats in favor of a loaded team. Good timing what with Bills and Dolphins having their best teams in years. And Brown's and Gronkowski presence are due to him so he deserves credit for that.

In spite of the narrative, the D was the story in the Saints and Chiefs games. And it covered the offense after 3 turnovers in one half versus the Pack.

That said, 7 wins will never be matched, but it also should be noted that in Bradshaw and Montana's era the odds of playing until your 40 were far less due to the fact that there was no "can't pat the QB on the head or can't fall at his feet" rules. Hell headshots were encouraged. Crown of the helmet to the chin? That's just ballin'. I don't remember Tom ever getting a concussion but I recall Bradshaw and Montana both getting waylaid in playoff games. Concussed and out.

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Who made excuses for Mahomes?

He was running for his fucking life.   That's a fucking fact.  Had the roles been reversed?  LOLz.  Ole TB12 would have been a speed bump.

Brady earned it.  All the way, but calm the fuck down with where you're taking it.

Edited by slorch

I don't have any problem with Brady being considered the GOAT, it's a legitimate opinion. But the many who bleated THIS win proves it, is absurd. His career as a whole is his argument for making him the consensus GOAT. This game wasn't. He didn't fuck it up, and that's good for him. But he could have gotten knocked out in the first quarter and Blaine Gabbert would have come in and probably still won by two TDs.

3 hours ago, DougO said:

I don't have any problem with Brady being considered the GOAT, it's a legitimate opinion. But the many who bleated THIS win proves it, is absurd. His career as a whole is his argument for making him the consensus GOAT. This game wasn't. He didn't fuck it up, and that's good for him. But he could have gotten knocked out in the first quarter and Blaine Gabbert would have come in and probably still won by two TDs.

26D73FA6-C9D2-4B7F-A590-7267E10FDCA1.gif.ba79c296f0a0059ff4ca297f14050454.gif

Former Cowboys DC Mike Nolan voted NFL’s worst assistant in 2020

Under former defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Dallas Cowboys ranked as the fifth-worst defense in the NFL. That is a huge dip for a team which ranked 11th just a year prior. It took just one season worth of evidence for the club to cut bait and move on from Nolan and his scheme change to return to a familiar mode of defensive attack.

For a while, the club was trending to have the worst statistical season in franchise history. As it stands, the record books weren’t the only ones to take notice. Football Outsiders compiled up a list of NFL head coaches and coordinators who proved to be the most ineffective in 2020. Right near the top was Nolan.

The top two singled out were former head coaches Adam Gase and Matt Patricia. Nolan was the assistant with the highest percentage of votes, receiving 4.5%.

Back in January, ESPN’s Todd Archer reported on the struggles of Dallas’ defensive unit, including the amount of points the team allowed during the season.

Last season, the Cowboys (6-10) allowed the most points in franchise history (473) and finished 31st in the league in run defense. In the season-ending loss to the New York Giants, they allowed 23 points, including 20 in the first half, to an offense that had not scored more than 19 in five weeks.

Unable to get hands-on experience until the start of an abbreviated training camp, the Cowboys defense struggled badly. They finished 23rd in yards per game (31st vs. the run, 11th vs. the pass) and 28th in points (29.6). The Cowboys allowed 69 plays of 20 yards or more, including 51 passes and 18 runs.

Pro Football Talk broke down how the Cowboys had one of the worst defense’s in its team’s history. Even before the season ended, experts were already hailing Nolan’s team as one of the worst ever.

The Cowboys Defense is going down in the record book as one of the worst in team history. Maybe the worst in history.

They already have allowed the sixth-most points in team history with 393. That puts them on pace to top the team-record 436 points the 2010 defense gave up and on pace to be the second-most allowed in NFL history behind only the 1981 Baltimore Colts who allowed 533.

21a0648d44aee373b1672071d2cfdee9

Under former defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Dallas Cowboys ranked as the fifth-worst defense in the NFL. That is a huge dip for a team which ranked 11th just a year prior. It took just one season worth of evidence for the club to cut bait and move on from Nolan and his scheme change to return to a familiar mode of defensive attack.

For a while, the club was trending to have the worst statistical season in franchise history. As it stands, the record books weren’t the only ones to take notice. Football Outsiders compiled up a list of NFL head coaches and coordinators who proved to be the most ineffective in 2020. Right near the top was Nolan.

The top two singled out were former head coaches Adam Gase and Matt Patricia. Nolan was the assistant with the highest percentage of votes, receiving 4.5%.

Back in January, ESPN’s Todd Archer reported on the struggles of Dallas’ defensive unit, including the amount of points the team allowed during the season.

Last season, the Cowboys (6-10) allowed the most points in franchise history (473) and finished 31st in the league in run defense. In the season-ending loss to the New York Giants, they allowed 23 points, including 20 in the first half, to an offense that had not scored more than 19 in five weeks.

Unable to get hands-on experience until the start of an abbreviated training camp, the Cowboys defense struggled badly. They finished 23rd in yards per game (31st vs. the run, 11th vs. the pass) and 28th in points (29.6). The Cowboys allowed 69 plays of 20 yards or more, including 51 passes and 18 runs.

Pro Football Talk broke down how the Cowboys had one of the worst defense’s in its team’s history. Even before the season ended, experts were already hailing Nolan’s team as one of the worst ever.

The Cowboys Defense is going down in the record book as one of the worst in team history. Maybe the worst in history.

They already have allowed the sixth-most points in team history with 393. That puts them on pace to top the team-record 436 points the 2010 defense gave up and on pace to be the second-most allowed in NFL history behind only the 1981 Baltimore Colts who allowed 533.

A key part of the team’s struggles was their inability to adapt to a 3-4 defensive scheme. Under Nolan, Dallas did not have the right personnel to adapt to a new front. This translated into the team failing to convert turnovers, which led them to being in the top five of passing touchdowns allowed.

With Dan Quinn coming into play, the team looks to bounce back from an atrocious defensive season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-cowboys-dc-mike-nolan-045634803.html

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Former Cowboys DC Mike Nolan voted NFL’s worst assistant in 2020

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-cowboys-dc-mike-nolan-045634803.html

For as bad as he was, and he earned this award, he ain’t the one out there fucking up left and right. The players deserve more blame then they’re getting.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

For as bad as he was, and he earned this award, he ain’t the one out there fucking up left and right. The players deserve more blame then they’re getting.

I'm pretty sure the players do get blame. They suck besides a few. And the front office needs blame for putting together this defense. But even after all that, Nolan is and was terrible.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:46 PM, Richard Kimball said:

TL;DR McCarthy took the job for the bucks. He was burned out his last couple of years at Green Bay, but he'll take $4 million to say "sounds good boss" whenever Jerry has a random neural firing. 

Confession: I haven't watched a Cowboys game since Garrett iced his own kicker. That was in 2011. So, you know how up to date I am on the team. 

The soliloquy: Jerry's early success hurt him later, and (IMHO) he's a functioning alcoholic. His decisions remind me of playing poker with a drunk. Ever play poker with a drunk, he's sitting on two pair, and still throws money on the table like it's four of a kind?

The Deion Sanders trade was what ruined him. He traded for Deion, they won the Super Bowl next year. It set two patterns. Jerry became convinced he could identify talent, and he also thinks he's perpetually one big signing away from a Super Bowl win. He picks a guy, figures HE'S THE GUY, and that's how you end up with the Elliot contact, drafting a fourth rounder, Quincy Carter, in the second round, and filling out the roster with a bunch of guys named Norm. 

Tom Brady turned the Patriots, and then the Buccaneers, into places people wanted to go to win. Jerry turned the Cowboys into a place where guys want to go for a paycheck. 

Deion was a free agent and just as important as getting him was taking him away from the 49ers.

you like them 3 super bowls?  how bout high priced natural gas?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/19/jerry-jones-gas-company-jacks-prices-during-texas-power-crisis

Yet Comstock Resources is selling gas at prices ranging from $15 per thousand cubic feet to $179 per thousand cubic feet, a markup of between 600% and 7500% over pre-crisis levels.

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

you like them 3 super bowls?  how bout high priced natural gas?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/19/jerry-jones-gas-company-jacks-prices-during-texas-power-crisis

sweet headline grabber there SI.  THe company could sell gas prices that high because that was the going rate on the market for certain areas during that time.  Jerry's company didn't 'jack the prices', speculators/purchasers did that, and the company obliged to sell it at those prices.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

sweet headline grabber there SI.  THe company could sell gas prices that high because that was the going rate on the market for certain areas during that time.  Jerry's company didn't 'jack the prices', speculators/purchasers did that, and the company obliged to sell it at those prices.   

I also thought I read they were contractually obligated to sell the gas at those prices. 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If that’s how this thing plays out after all of this, we really are pretty fucking stupid. Like, that goes without saying, but I’m talking even dumber than I thought.

Go back and look at the negotiations for Demarcus Lawrence, Zeke, Dez, and even Zach Martin. They all began with the franchise talking tough at first only to cave in the end. Same book different chapter. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

27 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t stand Cavanaugh, but I think he’s right. Trey Lance, come on down...

Technically, that's not Cavanaugh, it's Joel Corry, an ex-agent.  Here's his article.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trey-lance-goes-ahead-of-justin-fields-no-deshaun-watson-trade/

More from Corry.

Not sure I agree, but I do think he's correct in that the Jones' boys have fucked this up from the beginning and now are really reliant on Dak bailing them out as he has the leverage.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Technically, that's not Cavanaugh, it's Joel Corry, an ex-agent.  Here's his article.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trey-lance-goes-ahead-of-justin-fields-no-deshaun-watson-trade/

More from Corry.

Not sure I agree, but I do think he's correct in that the Jones' boys have fucked this up from the beginning and now are really reliant on Dak bailing them out as he has the leverage.

But he isn’t going to bail them out. He’s gonna squeeze them for every last dollar he can and not give a single inch. And why wouldn’t he. Hell, if I’m Dak, the idea of free agency has to be pretty intriguing at this point. So unless we just blow him away with an over the top offer, I could see him wanting to test the market. If he doesn’t give an inch, I don’t think this thing gets done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But he isn’t going to bail them out. He’s gonna squeeze them for every last dollar he can and not give a single inch. And why wouldn’t he. Hell, if I’m Dak, the idea of free agency has to be pretty intriguing at this point. So unless we just blow him away with an over the top offer, I could see him wanting to test the market. If he doesn’t give an inch, I don’t think this thing gets done. 

I tend to agree.  It's not his job to bail out the Jones' ineptitude.  Now maybe there's a quality of life thing and qualitative measure he likes about being the QB for the Dallas Cowboys and being in the south, but from a business perspective, he bet on himself and has won.  He can probably should ask for as much as the market dictates or just go into free agency next year and tell Jerrah to fuck off.  He doesn't seem to be built that way, but that's why he's got an agent.  We decided to pay fucking Jaylon Smith before Dak...... Zeke before Dak.... Those decisions could end up keeping the franchise from getting to their magical 12-4 NFC East, one and done playoff showing every five years.  If he leaves, we pretty much rebuild and you have to get rid of Coach Thumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If Dak doesn't want 35 million a year I would say see ya, good luck in Carolina, Houston or Jacksonville 

Or Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or New England. There are going to be teams that feel like they’re a qb away, and for those teams he’s probably worth it. Cause there’s no chance he takes 35 mil a year. Like, zero chance.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

I tend to agree.  It's not his job to bail out the Jones' ineptitude.  Now maybe there's a quality of life thing and qualitative measure he likes about being the QB for the Dallas Cowboys and being in the south, but from a business perspective, he bet on himself and has won.  He can probably should ask for as much as the market dictates or just go into free agency next year and tell Jerrah to fuck off.  He doesn't seem to be built that way, but that's why he's got an agent.  We decided to pay fucking Jaylon Smith before Dak...... Zeke before Dak.... Those decisions could end up keeping the franchise from getting to their magical 12-4 NFC East, one and done playoff showing every five years.  If he leaves, we pretty much rebuild and you have to get rid of Coach Thumb.

Could also be that Dak is looking to make 2-3 times more annually than any of the guys you mention.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

As he should.  That's comparing apples to oranges.  He's a QB, compare him vs his positional market.  Don't understand the point.

this is the attitude that results in huge contracts to jared goff, carson wentz, jimmy garoppolo, and myriad others. it’s naive and stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1