welcome back to the cloak room, surly conservatives

elfenix

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Has @Ag with kids said whether or not the election was stolen yet?

This thread confirms what I think we all realize deep down: they may not choose to associate themselves with the extremes in the party and the wanton conspiracy theories that come with it, but, around the right group of people with a few beers in them, they are absolutely starting sentences with, "Maybe they haven't been able to prove it yet, but there was absolutely something fishy about that election..."

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Cap And Trade was the official environmental policy of the Bush I administration on a national level. Like Obamacare, that's the GOP's baby. Fast forward decades past the Reagan Revolution when one of the bluest states in the union is trying to pass their own version on an infinitesimally smaller scales, and not only is the GOP opposed, they're opposed in almost the most fervent way possible, publicly mocking Dems' reactions to right wing terroristic threats deemed credible by state police. That's fucking insane, unless you consider the proposition that since the Reagan Revolution- that reset of the Overton Window- the GOP's first priority is to divide. To get the torch people fighting the pitchfork people, even when it means going apoplectic and minimizing violence in opposing their own ideas.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/oregon-legislature-climate-change-bill-chaos.html

Dp

Cap And Trade was the official environmental policy of the Bush I administration on a national level. Like Obamacare, that's the GOP's baby. Fast forward decades past the Reagan Revolution when one of the bluest states in the union is trying to pass their own version on an infinitesimally smaller scales, and not only is the GOP opposed, they're opposed in almost the most fervent way possible, publicly mocking Dems' reactions to right wing terroristic threats deemed credible by state police. That's fucking insane, unless you consider the proposition that since the Reagan Revolution- that reset of the Overton Window- the GOP's first priority is to divide. To get the torch people fighting the pitchfork people, even when it means going apoplectic and minimizing violence in opposing their own ideas.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/oregon-legislature-climate-change-bill-chaos.html

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I mean, you ain't wrong but, damn dude, don't think I've ever seen a quintuple post before.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t think anyone is against repairing physical infrastructure such as bridges, roads, and dams. Well I’m sure there’s a group of 50 disgruntled guys somewhere, but overall it’s pretty bipartisan.  

Once upon a time, conservatives opposed the Tennessee Valley Authority as a gubmint boondoggle. Now, it's rural broadband, which ironically would benefit their voting base more than anybody else.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Show your work. Because this is absolute fucking horseshit.

Democrats blamed Russian misinformation, Facebook bots, and hacked voter rolls. I don't know if you've noticed, but that shit ain't fabricated. Very, very few accused the election count itself of being fraudulent or hacked. Those that did were shouted down by Democratic leadership, including then VP Joe Biden.

A disturbing faction of Republican voters believe in dead voters, Wi-Fi hacking, and bamboo ballots from China because of an onslaught of outright lies spearheaded by the President of the United States himself.

Stop doing this. You're completely full of shit trying to somehow justify last year, and you damn well know it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38347684

Well...I mean the person who lost claimed it, but not anyone important or anything.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Show your work. Because this is absolute fucking horseshit.

Democrats blamed Russian misinformation, Facebook bots, and hacked voter rolls. I don't know if you've noticed, but that shit ain't fabricated. Very, very few accused the election count itself of being fraudulent or hacked. Those that did were shouted down by Democratic leadership, including then VP Joe Biden.

A disturbing faction of Republican voters believe in dead voters, Wi-Fi hacking, and bamboo ballots from China because of an onslaught of outright lies spearheaded by the President of the United States himself.

Stop doing this. You're completely full of shit trying to somehow justify last year, and you damn well know it.

Well done.  Another bad analogy, another whatabout ______?

The question was not whether Russia influenced our election, but whether Trumpco sought their assistance or was otherwise complicit in their actions.  There is, ultimately, not a lot of evidence of the latter, but the Administration was not exactly forthcoming, as it has not been with any of the investigations.  If it really is a witch hunt, Donald, why not throw open your books and records and prove it?  Hmm?

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

Attacking you? Christ you GQPers are such fucking drama queen snowflakes 

Oh..yeah.   I forgot you can't read.

-- .- -.-- -... . / -.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- / -... .- -.-. -.- / .- -. -.. / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... / - .... .-. . .- -.. / ... --- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .... .- ...- . / -.. . -.-. . -. - / --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. .-.-.-

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38347684

Well...I mean the person who lost claimed it, but not anyone important or anything.

She didn't keep fucking bleating about it for an entire goddamn year.  And, she didn't claim the vote itself was fraudulent or improper, but that two things inflenced the election and she was actually probably correct about both. /notahillarylover

10 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

???

I'm sorry.  When it's me posting and 50 of y'all attacking me it's possible I'll miss some posts.  Could you repost your question?

You can't be serious. Countless people have asked countless times, in two different ways:

Did Trump lie about election fraud (yes/no)?

Or, alternatively, was the election "stolen" (yes/no)?

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

Oh..yeah.   I forgot you can't read.

-- .- -.-- -... . / -.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- / -... .- -.-. -.- / .- -. -.. / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... / - .... .-. . .- -.. / ... --- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .... .- ...- . / -.. . -.-. . -. - / --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. .-.-.-

Snowflakes and very unfunny. At least I think you were making a joke? Were you?

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

1 question. 
Did trump lie about the election? Yes or No. 

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Did Trump lie about the election? Yes or No. 

58 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Has @Ag with kids said whether or not the election was stolen yet?

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We ever gonna get an answer about the election?

17 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

???

I'm sorry.  When it's me posting and 50 of y'all attacking me it's possible I'll miss some posts.  Could you repost your question?

7 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Did Trump lie about the election. Yes or No. 

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You can't be serious. Countless people have asked countless times, in two different ways:

Did Trump lie about election fraud (yes/no)?

Or, alternatively, was the election "stolen" (yes/no)?

@Ag with kids You gonna answer or what?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Steele dossier says hi. 

The Steele dossier is, apparently, bullshit.

Fine.

It was used to improperly obtain a wiretap/surveillance on Carter Page, which yielded nothing.

Fine.

Neither of those things alter the fact that Russia interfered with our election.

Neither of those things disprove Trump's complicity.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

She didn't keep fucking bleating about it for an entire goddamn year.  And, she didn't claim the vote itself was fraudulent or improper, but that two things inflenced the election and she was actually probably correct about both. /notahillarylover

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

September 26, 2019

Yeah...3 years != an entire goddamn year.

And from the articles:

Former US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has for the first time attributed her election defeat to Russian hacking.

Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

I give zero fucks about your opinion of HRC.   I'm just dumping data to refute claims on here...

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

September 26, 2019

Yeah...3 years != an entire goddamn year.

And from the articles:

Former US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has for the first time attributed her election defeat to Russian hacking.

Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

I give zero fucks about your opinion of HRC.   I'm just dumping data to refute claims on here...

That's just stupid.

You know damn well there's no comparison between Hillary's bitching and Donald's incessant lying.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

35% of the population, to some degree, are the modern day version of 9/11 truthers. More than a little disheartening.

He will do his usual act. Come back in an hour and hope nobody calls him out. Then act like “I am confused. Did you ask me something”. 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's just stupid.

You know damn well there's no comparison between Hillary's bitching and Donald's incessant lying.

No shit. He didn't even bother to quote the actual remarks she made in what was described by that article as a "wide-ranging pre-taped interview" to promote a book she co-wrote with Chelsea about women in history. It's not like she was going out on a tour giving stump speeches to overturn the results.

She was responding to a direct question according to the article he cites. Let's take a look at what she actually says with the relevant citations:

Clinton was asked whether it angers her that none of the current Democratic candidates invoke her on the campaign trail while Trump’s rally crowds still break out into “lock her up” chants.

“No, it doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

Clinton compared her election loss to “applying for a job and getting 66 million letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado. And so I know that he knows that this wasn’t on the level. I don’t know that we’ll ever know what happened.”

She compared Trump’s latest effort to spread negative stories about Biden, who is leading in most polls to be the 2020 Democratic nominee, to what he did to her during their campaign.

“The most outrageously false things were said about me,” Clinton said. “And unfortunately, enough people believed them. So this is an effort to sow these falsehoods against Biden. And I don’t care if you’re for the [Democrats] or you’re a Republican, when the president of the United States, who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, uses his position to in effect extort a foreign government for his political purposes, I think that is very much what the founders worried about in high crimes and misdemeanors.”

I'm starting to think this guy might be a bad-faith poster just trolling the board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Snowflakes and very unfunny. At least I think you were making a joke? Were you?

-.-. --- -. ... .. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . -. .----. - / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .-. . ... .--. --- -. -.. . -.. / - --- / .-- .... .- - / .. / ... .- .. -.. --..-- / .. .----. -- / --. --- .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / -. ---

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No shit. He didn't even bother to quote the actual remarks she made in what was described by that article as a "wide-ranging pre-taped interview" to promote a book she co-wrote with Chelsea about women in history. It's not like she was going out on a tour giving stump speeches to overturn the results.

She was responding to a direct question according to the article he cites. Let's take a look at what she actually says with the relevant citations:

I'm starting to think this guy might be a bad-faith poster just trolling the board.

I disagree with this guy = GODDAMNIT HE'S A TREASONOUS TROLL

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

-.-. --- -. ... .. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . -. .----. - / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .-. . ... .--. --- -. -.. . -.. / - --- / .-- .... .- - / .. / ... .- .. -.. --..-- / .. .----. -- / --. --- .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / -. ---

CONSIDERING YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY RESPONDED TO WHAT I SAID, I'M GOING WITH NO

This comment is rich coming from an asshole that won't respond to a fucking question and pretending he didn't see it asked - even though it's been posted a dozen times.

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I disagree with this guy = GODDAMNIT HE'S A TREASONOUS TROLL

I didn't call you treasonous, but you're definitely trolling. 

And why the Morse code? Is that also a part of your bit? Do you think you're being clever and cagey?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This comment is rich coming from an asshole that won't respond to a fucking question and pretending he didn't see it asked - even though it's been posted a dozen times.

I didn't call you treasonous, but you're definitely trolling. 

And why the Morse code? Is that also a part of your bit? Do you think you're being clever and cagey?

Well, the morse code is because apparently people either can't read what I've posted or they don't understand it.  I figured that maybe Morse might help.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I see why you have to be taxed to "give" money, i get that charities are a hard concept to get. Next you'll tell me you give, but when you do do ask a picture of the person you help to make fun of them? Do you laugh at the homeless?

Did you just compare posting on surly your gofundme for your honeymoon to the plight of the homeless?

3 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

The above is what TwiceHorn posted.  

The first 3 have been GOP policy since before Reagan. 

The 4th...well, still not sure how we got there, but I'm semi-agnostic.  Let TGs participate in sports.  Don't be surprised when the biological men defeat the biological women though.

The 5th is bullshit.  The GOP has supported infrastructure - ACTUAL infrastructure.

Climate change has ALWAYS been a left policy.

GOP has been against tax hikes.  I agree - Dems want them.

Healthcare - GOP has always been against the government involvement in healthcare - Dems want it.

Student debt forgiveness is a new one that's ONLY been championed by the left.

Wealth and income gaps - again, purely an issue of the left.

Tell us about the Mulford Act

Any idea who granted the biggest immigration amnesty in history?

Trying to overturn Roe v Wade May single-handedly sink the party  60+% and growing are pro choice for pregnancies < 20 weeks and >80% for rape/incest. Texas’s law is extreme right wing, like Islamic Republic right wing

Gender laws are just meat for the base  

Who ran on immigration reform as his number one priority, and was ready to make good on that when 9/11 happened?

GOP didn’t used to be just against tax hikes, they also were careful with spending. Go ahead and list the deficit spending levels and increases in the national debt for each admin since Nixon for us

Govt involvement in healthcare — give us one paragraph on Medicare part D

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I disagree with the rampant labeling of people as trolls.

But you're not making very good points a lot of the time.

I've made a lot of good points.

You disagree with them.  Sorry.

Go back and look at my posts.  I post links to information to back up my points.  You've tossed Insult grenades at me.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Well, the morse code is because apparently people either can't read what I've posted or they don't understand it.  I figured that maybe Morse might help.

Can you read the question that's been posed to you umpteen times? Do you not understand it?

I'll ask it in Morse code - figure that might help.

-.. .. -.. / - .-. ..- -- .--. / .-.. .. . / .- -... --- ..- - / . .-.. . -.-. - .. --- -. / ..-. .-. .- ..- -.. ..--..

24 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Did you just compare posting on surly your gofundme for your honeymoon to the plight of the homeless?

Tell us about the Mulford Act

Any idea who granted the biggest immigration amnesty in history?

Trying to overturn Roe v Wade May single-handedly sink the party  60+% and growing are pro choice for pregnancies < 20 weeks and >80% for rape/incest. Texas’s law is extreme right wing, like Islamic Republic right wing

Gender laws are just meat for the base  

Who ran on immigration reform as his number one priority, and was ready to make good on that when 9/11 happened?

GOP didn’t used to be just against tax hikes, they also were careful with spending. Go ahead and list the deficit spending levels and increases in the national debt for each admin since Nixon for us

Govt involvement in healthcare — give us one paragraph on Medicare part D

Watching the Cowboys and eating Turkey Day food...

I'll get back with you tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving

• Fuck You 2