welcome back to the cloak room, surly conservatives

elfenix

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every R IS Trump. You’re starting to grasp the problem, even as you argue against it. Any R that doesn’t fully support whatever batshit insanity he spouts at a given moment is driven out as an apostate. They fucking kicked out LYNN CHENEY, for fuck’s sake. The party is paying his legal fees TODAY. They are all-in on his Big Lie as we speak. Anyone who dares disagree with him is cast out as a RINO libtard. This is our concern, dude. It’s a proto-fascist cult of personality that will gladly destroy all functioning democratic norms in order to satisfy the whims of their mad king.

The D opposition doesn’t have to be JFK. They just have to have a pulse and believe that maybe, we should be a Republic still. That’s it. It’s the only issue that matters right now.

I do not usually lean as far into this as you do, but I absolutely do agree with this. I have not waivered on believing there are enough good human beings in this country to right the ship and send this cult to the dustbin of history. It is one heckuva thing to do, but the GQP cult members cannot be allowed to get control of this country. At some point you have to realize that siding with “libtards” on this is absolutely the right thing to do if you care at all about the people you share this country with. This is not real hard to understand. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

They literally thought they were going to "stop the steal," a scurrilous lie about a fundamental institution of this country:  the vote.

Not all of them may have intended to injure or kill Pence or Pelosi or some other Trump-traitor, but they were assuredly there to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes.

The fact that Republicans refuse to acknowledge publicly and repeatedly that "the steal" is unmitigated bullshit that brought the Capitol under attack while in session is an example of why I cannot support them any longer and likely will not for the rest of my days.

"to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes" != overthrowing the government. It's a bunch of dumbasses being dumbasses.

And the vast majority had no interest in that at all - even the most visible member of that event (the shaman) just wandered around taking selfies and the podium...

• Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Being BAD at being a violent traitor doesn’t make you any less a violent traitor. And it doesn’t take an F-15 to assassinate the VP to prevent him from performing his constitutional duties. A slit throat would do just fine. Beating beaten to death would work.

You’re okay with the GQP 9/11 because they weren’t as effective or smart as some islamofascist fucksticks were 20 years ago. That’s fucked up.

And yes, the Big Lie is a fundamental and inviolable tenet of the GQP now. Speak against it? Begone, RINO libtard…..Lynn Cheney! Support massive changes to voting, all based on the Big Lie? Yep, see functionally every elected GQP official, including our very own governor.

So...you have drank the koolaid.

Sorry to see that.  Good luck with the hate.  Don't let it destroy you.  You're a good guy from what I've seen over the almost 20 years of posting on HF and Shaggy...

Peace!

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

Read the post I originally responded to.  Reading comprehension is key here to understanding what I posted.

And...insults.  Always the best way to win your argument.  Gosh.  You got me.

Reading comprehension from you? Lol. Awesome. You can’t even remember what you said earlier in this fucking thread.

"to disrupt the counting of the electoral votes" != overthrowing the government. It's a bunch of dumbasses being dumbasses.
And the vast majority had no interest in that at all - even the most visible member of that event (the shaman) just wandered around taking selfies and the podium...

Here, I’m gonna be a GQP/y’all Qaeda excuser and enabler.

1993: “Quit freaking out about Al Qaeda. So they parked a van under the WTC and set it off. It was just a coupla guys, and they were incompetent. If they’d REALLY been intent on taking out then WTC, they’d have brought much more powerful weapons into play. They are just a few idiots who didn’t even do much damage.”

2001: “…….ummmm……”

I believe in taking out terrorist organizations that attack my country as soon as they declare themselves to be a threat, and certainly as long as they continue to declare themselves to adhere to the same ideology that inspired their attack.

You don’t.

That makes us very, very different.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Sorry to see that.  Good luck with the hate.  Don't let it destroy you.  You're a good guy from what I've seen over the almost 20 years of posting on HF and Shaggy...

Peace!

Did Trump lie about the election? Yes or No. 

Peace!

What koolaid? Listen to the ACTUAL things, ACTUALLY SAID AND PURSUED, by our own Texas governor and AG in real-time. They are continuing to espouse the key terrorist ideology of the Big Lie in real-time, right now. There’s no story, or narrative, or koolaid. It’s what they say and espouse, right out in the open.
  • Hook 'Em 1

OK, who are these Americans you want to take out? Drone strikes or what? 

Anyone who participated in the attack on my country, or conspired to do so, should be in prison.

You’d feel that way if the mob had been Muslim, and they were told to do so by some raving mad Muslim cleric (as would I).

Treat violent traitors and their co-conspirators as traitors pursuant to the rule of law.

And if they won’t go quietly and submit to the rule of law, shoot them. We did it in 1861-1865. If they want to give it another go, we should respond the same way.

17 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Had they succeeded in that, in discarding the results of what by all accounts was a fair election, then yeah, that would have been pretty fucking much overthrowing the government.  Not quite violently deposing officials, but effectively the same thing.

And that is what they intended to do, even if most of them were unclear on exactly what it was they were doing, whether it was cheering on the traitorous reps, senators, and Pence, or actually hurting someone or absconding with papers and records.

Also, I feel relatively certain, but cannot prove, that there were individuals and small groups among the insurrection "tourists" that did in fact intend to directly interfere with the counting of electoral votes, by assault, kidnapping, and even murder.  And they needed the foolish tourists to make that possible through overwhelming numbers.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

He's not going to answer you, because then he would have to admit the truth: Republicans are now whatever Donald Trump wants them to be. And he wants them to be the party that installs the Trump family as god-emperors.

He is type guy who starts a fire in his neighbors yard and then when the neighbors house burns down he says “not my fault his house isn’t fire proof”. 

53 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I posted this earlier but maybe it got lost.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-died-natural-causes/

The Capitol Policeman, Brian Sicknick, died of natural causes according to the Medical Examiner.

As to "armed insurrection", there was the shaman dude with a flag on a spear...and...what others?  Now, Shay's Rebellion...THAT was an armed insurrection.

I'm going to guess 99.99% showed up at the Capitol because they were mad...with maybe a small number of dumbshits that wanted to (and actually thought they could) stop them from certifying results.

@Bravo

Many others. Stop downplaying the violence:

In the wake of the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, a popular narrative has emerged: that because rioters did not fire guns that day, they were not really "armed."

But a review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large.

Those weapons brought violence and chaos to the Capitol. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died one day after two rioters allegedly sprayed him and other officers with what prosecutors describe as an "unknown chemical substance." Four other people in the crowd died in the insurrection, and more than 100 police officers suffered injuries, including cracked ribs, gouged eyes and shattered spinal disks.

Some supporters of former President Donald Trump have argued that the dangerousness of the Capitol rioters has been overblown. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., has said, for example, "This didn't seem like an armed insurrection to me."

Others have echoed that view, and conservative and pro-Trump media, like Breitbart, The Epoch Times and the Washington Examiner, have seized on the congressional testimony of FBI Assistant Director Jill Sanborn, who said the bureau did not confiscate firearms from suspects that day. But FBI spokesperson Carol Cratty told NPR that Sanborn was talking only specifically about arrests by the FBI, and not other police agencies that made arrests on the day of the riot — including arrests of people allegedly carrying guns.

Police officers have a much different memory of that day. "I've talked to officers who have done two tours in Iraq who said this was scarier to them than their time in combat," Robert J. Contee III, the acting chief of Washington, D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department, said in January. At the time of his comments, he had just spoken with an officer who was attacked with a rioter's stun gun.

Federal court records, included in NPR's database of more than 300 criminal cases, allege that at least three dozen people who took part in the riot used or possessed some kind of weapon that day.

This number is likely a low estimate of the total number of weapons that rioters brought with them. As the Justice Department has noted in court filings, "no crowd member submitted to security screenings or weapons checks by Capitol Police or other authorized security officials." Most of the people who stormed the Capitol were not arrested during the riot itself. Many are still at large.

"This was a pretty heavily armed crew of people compared to what you usually see at protests," said Heidi Beirich, a co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism. "Even when you see people who are armed at protests in states, for example, where they have open-carry laws, they aren't storming into a building using the weapons in the way that we saw at the Capitol."

Lorenzo Boyd, a former director of the Center for Advanced Policing at the University of New Haven, called attempts to downplay the deadliness of the weapons used on Jan. 6 a "false narrative."

"There were a lot of weapons that could be lethal weapons as applied," said Boyd. In his view, the fact that the rioters were armed with a variety of weapons clearly contributed to the Capitol Police's failure to protect the building. "If you see a lot of resistance and you're being outgunned, outmanned, outpowered, you tend to kind of fall back a little bit," said Boyd.

Edited by bolverk
atting bravo

I will add that I find the comparisons of protestors assaulting federal buildings, notably the Portland Federal Building and Courthouse to be invidious.

First, the federal building is a relatively minor outpost of the federal government.  The Capitol building is the seat of the federal government.

Second, the building was assaulted, at night, by relatively small numbers of people.  This was in broad daylight, by hundreds if not thousands, while the Article I branch of the government was in joint session with the specific intention of disrupting that session.

Third, those people were not incited to their assault by a single aggrieved person, but rather acted of their own volition and probably a mixture of motives, one of which no doubt was just to see shit burn, as opposed to any single or discrete political or ideological motive.  Whereas we know the sole direct and proximate cause of the 1/6 insurrection.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Donald Trump and his family and minions LITERALLY TOLD THEM TO GO IN THERE AND STOP THE COUNTING OF THE VOTES. They did it, in the open, it’s on video for fucks sake. This is the actual, real-deal leader of your party and sitting president of the US, and not only is your party not holding him accountable, they continue to support his treasonous bullshit. Because they want to give it another try.

Fuck your treasonous party. I’m an American. I steadfastly oppose all who attack and continue to attack my country. Sorry you’re not an actual patriot.

Can you show this video from Jan 6th?

And I'm still amused since from Nov 2016 there was a cry that Trump had stolen the election because of Russian collusion.  Complete with multiple investigations.  Which has now been shown to be completely fabricated by Democrats...but, now the left is pure and pristine and any questions about the 2020 election is treason.

I'm an American, too, btw.  And I oppose those that attack my country.  And I don't wish to fundamentally change it like many apparently do - which would include you if you vote for Democrats.

• Fuck You 3

@Ag with kids  @Bravo

They were planning for shit to go down

Jan. 6 organizers used burner phones to communicate with White House: report

Organizers of the "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the deadly Capitol attack on Jan. 6 allegedly communicated with members of former President Trump's family and administration, according to Rolling Stone magazine.

Multiple sources told Rolling Stone that Kylie Kremer, an organizer for the rally that took place at D.C.'s Ellipse park, had an aide buy three burner phones a few days before Jan. 6. Kremer said that it was "of the utmost importance" that the phones be purchased with cash, one source, who was a member of the March for Trump team, told the magazine.

Kremer kept one of the phones herself, while another was reportedly given to her mother, Amy Kremer, who was also an organizer of the rally. Sources could not say who the third was given to.

According to Rolling Stone, the phones were used to communicate with high-ranking members of Trump's inner circle, including his son Eric Trump, daughter-in-law and former campaign official Lara Trump, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and former Trump surrogate Katrina Pierson.

Speaking of when Kylie Kremer bought the phones, the March for Trump member said, “That was when the planning for the event on the Ellipse was happening, she needed burner phones in order to communicate with high-level people is how she put it."

When reached for comment by The Hill, representatives for Donald Trump, Eric Trump and Kim Kremer did not immediately respond to the Rolling Stone article.

Rolling Stone reported last month that Trump White House officials and many of his GOP allies had been involved in the planning of the Jan. 6 rally, including Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Madison Cawthorn (N.C.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas.).

Meadows, who was subpoenaed by the House Select Committee on Jan. 6, was reportedly "100 percent made aware of what was going on,” according to planners of the rally. The committee has recently demanded to know whether Meadows was using a private cell phone on Jan. 6 and has asked where his text messages from that day are.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t plan to vote for them, either. But I’ll be damned if I’ll step on my own dick and vote against them just because. I’ll just withhold and watch the progressives burn it down, I guess. But I cannot in good conscience take an active part in it.  

The reasoning skills here are truly astounding.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

And I'm still amused since from Nov 2016 there was a cry that Trump had stolen the election because of Russian collusion.  Complete with multiple investigations.  Which has now been shown to be completely fabricated by Democrats...but, now the left is pure and pristine and any questions about the 2020 election is treason.

I'm an American, too, btw.  And I oppose those that attack my country.  And I don't wish to fundamentally change it like many apparently do - which would include you if you vote for Democrats.

Fundamentally change America like paid family leave like the rest of the industrial world? The horror!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here, I’m gonna be a GQP/y’all Qaeda excuser and enabler.

1993: “Quit freaking out about Al Qaeda. So they parked a van under the WTC and set it off. It was just a coupla guys, and they were incompetent. If they’d REALLY been intent on taking out then WTC, they’d have brought much more powerful weapons into play. They are just a few idiots who didn’t even do much damage.”

2001: “…….ummmm……”

I believe in taking out terrorist organizations that attack my country as soon as they declare themselves to be a threat, and certainly as long as they continue to declare themselves to adhere to the same ideology that inspired their attack.

You don’t.

That makes us very, very different.

WTF?

That is not remotely the position of the GOP.  Not the GQP...should I call your party the DNCCP?  I won't because that doesn't further a civil discussion.

And you apparently have zero idea of my views on terrorist organizations.  But, I'll agree that we are very, very different - but that has nothing to do with attacks from terrorist orgs...

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Fundamentally change America like paid family leave like the rest of the industrial world? The horror!

Yes.  Why should you pay for me to take off because I made another sex trophy?

BTW, the rest of the industrial world sure does like us subsidizing all of their defense expenses so they can do these social experiments.

They can't afford them without our defense subsidies (and other subsidies).

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Progressive legislation should be opposed at every turn. 

Imagine if we didn’t have to give women the right to vote. Who needs civil rights. Reproductive control. Not on my watch. New Deal. Just communism creeping up on us. 

Nice regurgitation of talking points.

• Fuck You 1

Just admit it. Every major change from legislation in the last 100 years has been “progressive”. 

So either you want to go backwards or forwards. Oh and last I checked, the country did not fall apart because of the laws that conservatives opposed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@Ag with kids  @Bravo

They were planning for shit to go down

Jan. 6 organizers used burner phones to communicate with White House: report

Organizers of the "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the deadly Capitol attack on Jan. 6 allegedly communicated with members of former President Trump's family and administration, according to Rolling Stone magazine.

Multiple sources told Rolling Stone that Kylie Kremer, an organizer for the rally that took place at D.C.'s Ellipse park, had an aide buy three burner phones a few days before Jan. 6. Kremer said that it was "of the utmost importance" that the phones be purchased with cash, one source, who was a member of the March for Trump team, told the magazine.

Kremer kept one of the phones herself, while another was reportedly given to her mother, Amy Kremer, who was also an organizer of the rally. Sources could not say who the third was given to.

According to Rolling Stone, the phones were used to communicate with high-ranking members of Trump's inner circle, including his son Eric Trump, daughter-in-law and former campaign official Lara Trump, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and former Trump surrogate Katrina Pierson.

Speaking of when Kylie Kremer bought the phones, the March for Trump member said, “That was when the planning for the event on the Ellipse was happening, she needed burner phones in order to communicate with high-level people is how she put it."

When reached for comment by The Hill, representatives for Donald Trump, Eric Trump and Kim Kremer did not immediately respond to the Rolling Stone article.

Rolling Stone reported last month that Trump White House officials and many of his GOP allies had been involved in the planning of the Jan. 6 rally, including Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Madison Cawthorn (N.C.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas.).

Meadows, who was subpoenaed by the House Select Committee on Jan. 6, was reportedly "100 percent made aware of what was going on,” according to planners of the rally. The committee has recently demanded to know whether Meadows was using a private cell phone on Jan. 6 and has asked where his text messages from that day are.

I'm sure with the Dems in charge of the DOJ all of these people will be prosecuted.  If they did this, they should be.

Rolling Stone has never been wrong or lied before...

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Hope y’all enjoyed it. I am going to try to bring my mom back with me if she is doing well enough to fly so she can see the city leading up to Christmas. She has been here twice right after Christmas for New Year’s Eve, but not before. 

I walked past the barricades this morning for the route on my way to catch a flight to Austin. Ton of police over near the Garden today, but that’s normal for the parade. This is such an awesome time of year in the city. It already feels so much better than a year ago this time.

20211125_105052.jpg

20211125_102859.jpg

20211125_102459.jpg

20211125_102917.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Shaddie said:

Just admit it. Every major change from legislation in the last 100 years has been “progressive”. 

So either you want to go backwards or forwards. Oh and last I checked, the country did not fall apart because of the laws that conservatives opposed. 

Fall apart?  No.

Could be better?  Yes.

• Fuck You 1

Those extreme radical progressives who nominated [checks notes] 200 year old Joseph Fucking Biden.
Meanwhile, people who participated in Jan 6 have been elected to their state governments.
You're the problem, man. The middle right who the GOP knows that they have in the bag because you'll never vote for a socialist, Marxist, communist, so they'll continue to pursue and appease the extremists and the MAGA crowd vote, your furrowed brow be damned.

Yeah, that same Joe Biden who wanted to make Beto his gun czar, and thought Omarova is a good idea? Just old middle of the road Joe. I would posit that if the left was interested in appeasing the middle of the road folks who are the problem (me, apparently) they wouldn’t be shoving the green new deal, multi trillion dollar daycare for all “infrastructure” bills, and wgaf about the border up our ass. It’s almost as if they nominated an old white man that wouldn’t upset their base (racist?) and are now force feeding us bullshit from the fringe as policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Fall apart?  No.

Could be better?  Yes.

So maybe instead of just saying Dems is bad, maybe have a platform that consists of  more than immigrants are bad. Porn in public schools. Mask are killing our kids. 

You maybe need REAL ideas that help people. Just a thought. Pretty radical I know. 

43 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

And I'm still amused since from Nov 2016 there was a cry that Trump had stolen the election because of Russian collusion.  Complete with multiple investigations.  Which has now been shown to be completely fabricated by Democrats

Show your work. Because this is absolute fucking horseshit.

Democrats blamed Russian misinformation, Facebook bots, and hacked voter rolls. I don't know if you've noticed, but that shit ain't fabricated. Very, very few accused the election count itself of being fraudulent or hacked. Those that did were shouted down by Democratic leadership, including then VP Joe Biden.

A disturbing faction of Republican voters believe in dead voters, Wi-Fi hacking, and bamboo ballots from China because of an onslaught of outright lies spearheaded by the President of the United States himself.

Stop doing this. You're completely full of shit trying to somehow justify last year, and you damn well know it.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

I don't have a problem with a spectrum of American opinion.  Where I have a problem is when nearly half the country starts to espouse unAmerican principles:

-- anti-immigration ("Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free")

-- "Christian" nation (bullshit, and this is probably the single most dangerous shift in the last 100 years)

-- vigilantism (fundamentally against the rule of law)

-- authoritarianism (are you fucking kidding me?)

-- anti-"them" because they aren't "us" (a creeping problem that is full resurgence)

To hell with "both sides".  A Democrat is far more likely to be a good person than a Republican, and I will go to my grave believing this to be true.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, that same Joe Biden who wanted to make Beto his gun czar, and thought Omarova is a good idea? Just old middle of the road Joe. I would posit that if the left was interested in appeasing the middle of the road folks who are the problem (me, apparently) they wouldn’t be shoving the green new deal, multi trillion dollar daycare for all “infrastructure” bills, and wgaf about the border up our ass. It’s almost as if they nominated an old white man that wouldn’t upset their base (racist?) and are now force feeding us bullshit from the fringe as policy.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How do you feel about our trillion dollar a year defense budget? 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you asking me?  Not enough. 

This is America. 

Edit: (I will explain the comment for the lower 95. Military, war, pew pew, man stuff, okay to spend trillions because brainwashing. Totally not waste or welfare for MAGA, but money for bridges, internet, “scary green energy” is socialism)

Edited by Neonmoon

49 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Can you make a single post without lying?

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Exactly what I expected. Dumb when I say it, but celebrated when your team says it.  I find their policies detrimental at best, and terroristic at worst to the nation, which is no different than you feel about the “lunatic right”.   I know but but but Jan 6th rah rah. 

AntiqueOrneryArchaeocete-size_restricted

2 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Climate change has ALWAYS been a left policy.

Cap And Trade was the official environmental policy of the Bush I administration on a national level. Like Obamacare, that's the GOP's baby. Fast forward decades past the Reagan Revolution when one of the bluest states in the union is trying to pass their own version on an infinitesimally smaller scales, and not only is the GOP opposed, they're opposed in almost the most fervent way possible, publicly mocking Dems' reactions to right wing terroristic threats deemed credible by state police. That's fucking insane, unless you consider the proposition that since the Reagan Revolution- that reset of the Overton Window- the GOP's first priority is to divide. To get the torch people fighting the pitchfork people, even when it means going apoplectic and minimizing violence in opposing their own ideas.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/oregon-legislature-climate-change-bill-chaos.html

• Hook 'Em 6

24 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You mean the infrastructure bill that, despite being largely popular, had to be gutted to appease centrist Democrats? The same one that Republicans who voted against it are now trying to get credit from their constituents for? That one?

Meanwhile, the GOP has moved in lockstep to pass hundreds of voter suppression laws and granted state governments more decertification power on the back of their knowing lies and deceit from last year.

I know, same, same.

• Hook 'Em 3