Bourbon

Jimbaround

47 minutes ago, huge said:

whats between the BB and KO?

https://houstonfoodfinder.com/2017/08/22/morgan-weber-of-coltivare-revival-market-and-eight-row-flint-is-opening-a-distillery/

I'd never had it.  And it was the last one I tasted after a long night, so my recollection of it is hazy at best.

Dave brought his recently finished van and ran the whiskey tasting bar in our backyard.  For those who haven't met Dave at AS, he's a blast to talk whiskey with...very passionate.  Between Dave talking shop and the whiskey options available, it was hard to drag anyone away from his cart for the other festivities, myself included.

12 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Costco selection is pretty limited but I did talk to the old man working and get their delivery day.

I was very surprised to see a healthy amount of Weller, 4 Roses SB, YippeKayaye and a few others.  Prices were about what has been quoted upthread.  

Costco is where we got the 4 bottles of RHF.  Also gotten Blantons there.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:05 PM, ckhorn said:

Whats your location there good buddy.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:10 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

How was the Chicken Cock? Is it worth a C note?

New place in Roswell, GA called The Whiskey Project. Owner is a good guy who had a crazy collection and decided to open a place as a side gig, now it's his main gig. I didn't get a chance to try to the Chicken Cock, I was already pretty toasty. Next time.

Found Weller CYPB at a bar in New Orleans this afternoon and made a dent at $14/pour.  They had it priced between WSR (store pick) and standard Antique 107.  It’s really good but I’d like to compare it blind with W12 and 107 because I have a sneaking suspicion it’s not worth the $300 secondary ask.  

Bump to keep this thread from falling off the first page. Have you guys been drinking Tito’s lately? 

The Weller Antique Store Pick was excellent. It shouldn’t be an $80 bourbon, but it sure drank like one. 

On to the Blanton’s Store Pick this weekend. It’s from the same place in San Francisco. Y’all know what store I’m talking about. 

I recently picked up a bottle of the Belle Meade Reserve Cask Strength. I’m very suspcious because Spec’s had so many bottles and they were pushing it hard. But it’s supposed to be good. We’ll see. Hopefully I picked up a good batch no.  

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bump to keep this thread from falling off the first page. Have you guys been drinking Tito’s lately? 

The Weller Antique Store Pick was excellent. It shouldn’t be an $80 bourbon, but it sure drank like one. 

On to the Blanton’s Store Pick this weekend. It’s from the same place in San Francisco. Y’all know what store I’m talking about. 

I recently picked up a bottle of the Belle Meade Reserve Cask Strength. I’m very suspcious because Spec’s had so many bottles and they were pushing it hard. But it’s supposed to be good. We’ll see. Hopefully I picked up a good batch no.  

Actually yes. I’ve been on the road for business most of the month in shitty towns. When the nicest bourbon in the place is regular Bullit or Makers. Hard pass. I’m spoiled at home with good bourbon. 

Purchased off of Houston Whiskey Exchange

Corner Creek 25.99
Four Roses Single Barrel 34.99 
Henry McKenna 10yr SiB 30.99
I.W. Harper 15yr 69.99 
Makers Mark Cask Strength 375ml 30.49
Noahs Mill 47.99
Old Weller Antique 107 22.99
Peerless 112.99
Rebel Yell 10yr SiB 49.99
Rock Hill Farms 45.99
Sagamore Spirit CS Rye 66.99
Smooth Ambler Big Level 57.99
Whistle Pig 10yr 64.99 (no plastic film)

total 662.37 looking for $550 17% discount no taxes, if BIN by end of day will throw in a ECBP C917 as a sweetner 1f62c.png😬

Anyone ever had or seen that Sagamore bottle?  Happy about getting another RHF, RY10 and ECBP.

Image may contain: drink and indoor

Edited by huge
  • Like 2

I’m drinking the Blanton’s Store Pick right now Wow my goodness. That first sip, and clean, smooth finish. 

God Bless that literal golden label. Store Picka. And Store Picks again. 

I assume I’ll miss out on and all Pappy bottles for Christmas. I might splurge on STFB or Blanton’s Gold from the UK to keep under the tree. 

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m drinking the Blanton’s Store Pick right now Wow my goodness. That first sip, and clean, smooth finish. 

God Bless that literal golden label. Store Picka. And Store Picks again. 

I assume I’ll miss out on and all Pappy bottles for Christmas. I might splurge on STFB or Blanton’s Gold from the UK to keep under the tree. 

Save your money and get the gold.  I have all three and my gold is down to the last pour while my SiB and SFTB have 6 oz gone.  The gold is just the best, easily the finest bourbon you can have show up on your doorstep for $120.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, huge said:

Purchased off of Houston Whiskey Exchange

Corner Creek 25.99
Four Roses Single Barrel 34.99 
Henry McKenna 10yr SiB 30.99
I.W. Harper 15yr 69.99 
Makers Mark Cask Strength 375ml 30.49
Noahs Mill 47.99
Old Weller Antique 107 22.99
Peerless 112.99
Rebel Yell 10yr SiB 49.99
Rock Hill Farms 45.99
Sagamore Spirit CS Rye 66.99
Smooth Ambler Big Level 57.99
Whistle Pig 10yr 64.99 (no plastic film)

total 662.37 looking for $550 17% discount no taxes, if BIN by end of day will throw in a ECBP C917 as a sweetner 1f62c.png😬

Anyone ever had or seen that Sagamore bottle?  Happy about getting another RHF, RY10 and ECBP.

Image may contain: drink and indoor

Good pick up. I thought about grabbing that myself. Excellent value. 

Never had that Sagamore. Any cask strength rye is worth a shot. 

8f210a8e96ffa6e1721498c7ce6bf278.jpg

Today’s score. Never heard anything of Resilient but it was a 14 year bourbon reasonably priced and my bourbon guy called me to tell me he had a new shipment in d bourbon for my review before he put on the shelves... I decided to throw him a bone with buying it along with the OWA he knew I needed

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably the best thing out there right now. It's bone dry in Houston. 

I found a Willett Family Estate 4 yr Rye and ECBP B518 on the shelf today.  Passed up an EHT Single Barrel because I have a few pours left and an EHT Straight Rye because I got impatient and bought one on BSM last week.  It’s out there in central Texas.  

18 minutes ago, USCATX said:

I found a Willett Family Estate 4 yr Rye and ECBP B518 on the shelf today.  Passed up an EHT Single Barrel because I have a few pours left and an EHT Straight Rye because I got impatient and bought one on BSM last week.  It’s out there in central Texas.  

Austin is pretty dry too. Must be a lull in releases