Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Yep

That bottle has been sitting there for 6 months, they usually have a bottle of blanton on the shelf and if they dont give it a few days or you can drive over to Pohleys market in Windsor. They have an excellent selection though last time I was there his prices were starting to creep up. Never found blantons at bevmo or bottle barn, though bottle barn usually has plenty of ER10 for $25 a bottle.

Was up in Redding a few weeks ago and stumbled into this

20180929_192649.jpg

Tip Top liquor on Dry Creek Rd had a shit load of hard to find bottles for about 8 jillion dollars each a couple months ago. I wanted to ask them why they hate America but they look very Arab so I didn't. No racist.

I’ve searched Healdsburg with no luck. But gottdam we’ve found some wine
9ead9019a25224bdb89c8060b1d9bc3a.jpg

Well boys I might have to change up my lineup for the season. I came into some bourbon last night.

Excellent haul, two bottles of Rebel Yell 10 and one bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel. 

I’ve good success decanting Stagg Jr for a month. I highly recommend it. Smoothes it out quite a bit to the point you don’t have to add a drop of water or an ice cube. 

Poor Man’s Pappy this weekend, vatted and decanted for about 7 and half weeks. 

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That is an interesting notion. I’ve never liked Stagg Jr and I love Stagg. To me, Stagg Jr tastes like somebody soaked raisins in drag fuel- heat and sour sweet with no spice.

Does the decanting improve it?

If you have a bottle laying around and a decanter, I’d give it a shot. 

4 hours ago, RichUT said:

Kentucky Owl Rye Batch 1 at roughly $200 due to WA state taxes......worth it?

It’s good, but I wouldn’t pay that for it when I could get a Willet 4 yr plus an EH Taylor straight rye and high west rendezvous combo for the same price.  

6 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

My bad, do not know about 4 grain.

It’s all good man. I do have some Weller 12, but since it’s my favorite bourbon, I cannot part with it. 

Speaking of, someone’s wife was going to spend $500 on you for Xmas. What bourbon would ask for? 

Yeah W12 is my favorite too, prefer it to Blanton’s.  I recently lucked into the Blantons euro collection and am looking forward to trying them out.

Have a good friend that travels through Amsterdam pretty often and he can usually find it there.

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s all good man. I do have some Weller 12, but since it’s my favorite bourbon, I cannot part with it. 

Speaking of, someone’s wife was going to spend $500 on you for Xmas. What bourbon would ask for? 

George T Stagg.