Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 10/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

I won’t comment on how many bottles in have in case my wife reads this thread.

Bill two things:

1. Let's not have your wife read Surly

2. Pretty sure what you wrote is just as incriminating as the actual number

Pretty, pretty nice haul today. Kentucky Owl Bourbon 2018, IW Harper 15, and a custom/private bottle of Jefferson's Reserve from Blackwell's. 

I'm power drinking the Harper to use it as a decanter for Stagg Jr. 

The Kentucky Owl is my Christmas Insurance in case I miss on all of the BTAC's and/or Birthday Bourbon. Praying for another bottle of Handy this year. LAWDT on the 2017 Handy. LAWDT. 

I'm probably done with barreling. Good quality, but terrible yield. I favor vatting/decanting now. 

I'll probably keep a bottle of Poor Man's Pappy, Knob Creek, and Stagg Jr in the decanting rotation. 

Side note, I think Stagg Jr is best after 3-4 weeks of decanting. 

• Like 1

Really? Hmm. It's $10 less than 1920.

OF 1920 just happened to be on my mind. I forget what it costs. I also would put the Michters in the same league as HW American Prairie. Maybe the AP is even cheaper.

Couple of things about me though. I'm a cheap skate and I'm very satisfied with bourbons like AP and the basic Weller or the 107 or W12 when I can find them. OF 1920 is about as expensive a bourbon as I will buy at the store. Larceny is becoming a new favorite as well.