Bourbon

Jimbaround

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever had an NCF bottle before. How much have I been missing out?

I see that WTMK for sale regularly but don’t know enough about it to fork over that kind of cash to make a purchase

I grabbed it for $70, figured wth.
It’s signed by Bruce Russell, Jimmy’s grandson who is a distiller at WT now.
bc296f12d72d9a07c1ab186dd53aee85.jpg

20 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

I grabbed it for $70, figured wth.
It’s signed by Bruce Russell, Jimmy’s grandson who is a distiller at WT now.
bc296f12d72d9a07c1ab186dd53aee85.jpg

Decades is a nice release by Jimmy and Eddie, who both have a combined 95 years of distilling experience.  Bruce, on the other hand, has been traveling the country as a WT ambassador for the past few years and had been stationed in Austin.  He’s back in Lexington now and is being shackled to the distillery to start learning the ropes.  Give the guy another 10-15yrs before calling him a distiller. 

2 minutes ago, Whiskyteer said:

Decades is a nice release by Jimmy and Eddie, who both have a combined 95 years of distilling experience.  Bruce, on the other hand, has been traveling the country as a WT ambassador for the past few years and had been stationed in Austin.  He’s back in Lexington now and is being shackled to the distillery to start learning the ropes.  Give the guy another 10-15yrs before calling him a distiller. 

username checks out.   :)

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, I love the look they give you when you ask if they have any BTAC.  Hell, I get that look when I ask for Blanton's.

My favorite excuse of the day was “we haven’t been getting any allocation bottles for the past couple months, they switched buyers on us and the new guy has been forgetting”

/jlaw sarcastic gif 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Found a bottle of Midwinter Night's Dram and I've got to say I'm impressed.  Really impressed.  Damn, this shit is good.

Yes it is. My 2nd favorite rye. I found one in the wild about 1 hour north of NO yesterday..

Also, Props to Brown Water. That M10 is good.

Any honey holes to mine in Midland? Regrettably, I'll be there during Thanksgiving. 

Nope. I was just out there all last week and went to both Pinkies and WB. Had them search their system for a number of good bottles and nada. I think the local bourbon group scoops up everything allocated out there. I went to Pinkies on Andrews Hwy at 10:30 one Thursday morning about 6 months ago (day the truck comes). The lady sold the entire case of W12 to the first guy that came in at 10.

1910 is really good. I think the hype is warranted. Hopefully it stays available. 

Lots of caramel, but not overly sweet. Just enough heat to keep it interesting. 

I know they're owned by Jack Daniels, but Old Forester knows what they're doing. I think there's a lot of opportunities out there for them. A 12 year old 1920 or 1910 would be awesome. I hope they start store picks for the both.  

58 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

1910 is really good. I think the hype is warranted. Hopefully it stays available. 

Lots of caramel, but not overly sweet. Just enough heat to keep it interesting. 

I know they're owned by Jack Daniels, but Old Forester knows what they're doing. I think there's a lot of opportunities out there for them. A 12 year old 1920 or 1910 would be awesome. I hope they start store picks for the both.  

What is the age of 1910?

2 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

So, I got a little antsy and figured I should search one more store... that was the right decision:

39a5327ced7f5c1d64a02d652169218e.jpg

Today was a good day. Also, they had this beast wrapped up in a coffin-shaped box, but at $400 I couldn’t pull the trigger:

852522d95cf2b0276328224e72a76d47.jpg

Bought a bottle of Boss Hog to celebrate a buddy's wedding... mother of God. BTW I've seen it on the secondary market for double that price.

Bought a bottle of Boss Hog to celebrate a buddy's wedding... mother of God. BTW I've seen it on the secondary market for double that price.

That good, eh? If I was into flipping I’d go back and pick them both up. I don’t know much about Boss Hog, but apparently someone intimately involved recently passed and this bottling was in his honor.