Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

if i had last years russells single rickhouse AND this years (camp f) unopened bottles, do you think i could trade them for anything good?  what would be a good trade?

it says right here "interesting trades considered".

I’ll do four OF King Ranch.

• Haha 1

Pretty much every market outside of Texas is flush with everything under the sun. I haven't been in the bourbon game in a while after all this bullshit scramble for product, secondary pricing nuts, etc. I've noticed all of the Smoke Wagon brands are collecting dust. Hopefully Blanton's eventually gets to that point

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Pretty much every market outside of Texas is flush with everything under the sun. I haven't been in the bourbon game in a while after all this bullshit scramble for product, secondary pricing nuts, etc. I've noticed all of the Smoke Wagon brands are collecting dust. Hopefully Blanton's eventually gets to that point

Come on now, that’s not accurate.  Texas is a challenging market to find the rare items, but there’s also insane selection at many of the smaller stores relative to other states.  Other than mid range Heaven Hill products like ECBP/Toasted and McKenna along with Eagle Rare it’s not like you’re finding retail rare bourbon everywhere in CA.  

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I wouldn’t recommend the Gatsby. It has that wet oak note that I hate. 

Buy the Rebecca Creek 16 instead. 

Normally I would say don’t listen to you about MGP, but RC16 is definitely better than than the Remus 14 or 15 from the past two years.  I haven’t tried the Remus this year and probably won’t because I went deep on RC16 backups.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Normally I would say don’t listen to you about MGP, but RC16 is definitely better than than the Remus 14 or 15 from the past two years.  I haven’t tried the Remus this year and probably won’t because I went deep on RC16 backups.  

I think I figured out what like with MGP. I like the bourbon. Don’t like the rye. 

1 hour ago, BigDHornfan said:

There was about 150-200 lined up for that shit.
Fucking sheep.
And Blanton’s is $86.
emoji867.png

The line looked to be comfortably over 200, if not 300. For a pick ‘em table. Unbelievable. 

Spec’s hoarding bottles for special drops is starting to deeply piss me off. I’d probably be gone if they hadn’t closed the Goody Goody by my house. 

They seem to value lines/publicity more than their regulars. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/18/2023 at 3:11 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

The line looked to be comfortably over 200, if not 300. For a pick ‘em table. Unbelievable. 

Spec’s hoarding bottles for special drops is starting to deeply piss me off. I’d probably be gone if they hadn’t closed the Goody Goody by my house. 

They seem to value lines/publicity more than their regulars. 

The business of bourbons and whiskey is quickly catching up with the business of college football for idiocy and bullshit ruining something I love.

2 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Insanely jealous, and boy would I love another taste of Booker’s Rye…

It’s very good, significantly better than a barell proof 8 year MGP pick I had after to compare. I think it’s the best PHC in years and it’s dropping on secondary to well below the heavy char and double barrel one.  

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, BigDHornfan said:

There was about 150-200 lined up for that shit.
Fucking sheep.
And Blanton’s is $86.
emoji867.png

I’m curious why you’re mad at the guys that went to try and get a bottle of something they normally can’t get their hands on? It’s not their fault these bottles have become nearly impossible to purchase. Eagle Rare used to be my daily drinker, I haven’t seen a bottle of Weller 107 in years. I didn’t go up there, but I considered it. I get the ire at the big stores, but a regular guy just trying to find a bottle he normally can’t has you pissed off and calling them sheep?