Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

We dont really get special stuff around these parts.  So are any of the below worth a shit?

Jeffersons Ocean

Knob Creek Smoked Maple

Baker's 7 years

Makers Mark Cask Strength

Wild Turkey Russell Reserve

Michter's

Jefferson's Reserve (and Jefferson regular)

Woodford Double Oak

Eagle Rare SB 10

Smooth Ambler Contradiction/Old Scout

James E Pepper 1776

Hudson Baby

Theres also Jim Beam Distillers Masterpiece that costs like too much to spend on Bourbon.  I think Eagle Rare is the one I've seen mentioned in this thread.  Though I like plain ole Buffalo Trace just fine.

I’m probably in the minority, but I really like the Jim Beam Signature Craft releases. I haven’t tried many, but I liked the High Rye recipe the most. 

Maker’s Mark Cask Strength is pretty solid and cheaper than dirt for what it is. 

Riddle me this, Batman: 

George Dickel 12 year Tennessee whiskey $26.99

George Dickel 8 year Bourbon $29.99

Is the distinction between the two forms if whiskey that noticeable, otherwise, why wouldn’t I grab the 12 year every time? Did my store get the prices right?

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

What is the JD Coy Hill going for now? Last I saw it was near $800 late last week

Shaking my head. Where did this rabid Jack Daniel’s fanbase come from? No one cared when Heritage came out. JDSiBBP collects dust in stores across the country. 

I suspect the hazmat novelty of it must be drawing in the proof hounds. 

15 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Took damn near 2022 to find one but I’ll take it…

7d6fb4f07428c7ab5cb4e24e330545a4.jpg

No way would I call this out as Makers in a blind tasting… as soon as you detect the fruit notes you get smashed with oak/smoke which then tapers off to chewy grains.

Can’t say I love it, but it’s very unique.

I picked up a FAE-02 today. It’s supposed to be a smidge better than FAE-01. 

Stopped by the local store today and they had cases of Blanton’s on the floor. Picked up a couple of those to restock, a 1.75 of Buffalo Trace, a 1.75 of Eagle Rare, a Bardstown Ferrand, and a WT Rare Breed Rye. There are a lot of $100+ bottles from distilleries I’ve never heard of sitting on the shelves right now.