Bourbon

Jimbaround

I'm doing inventory on my bourbon collection and putting together stuff I'm going to sell/trade and making a wish list of things I would like to get. Among the stuff I have is also this signed VY 16x20 photo, which I value around $150. If anyone in Houston is interested in a trade, let me know.

ISO:
Eagle Rare 17 (I know)
Wild Turkey Masters BIB
EC18
Eagle Rare store picks
BT store picks
Mitchers Toasted Rye
OE7

FT:
Eagle Rare 750ml (up to 8)
Old Fitzgerald 13 year
Thomas Handy 2018
Russel's Reserve NCF Flaks store pick
1792 Full Proof Liquor Hut pick
1792 BiB Liquor Hut pick
Blanton's and
Stagg JR. Batch 16
4R Flaks SP March 2020 OESK 9y11m

VY signed photo!

Got my dry bar finished this past week and started setting up the bottles. Still organizing things, but I love the look of it. It's Mahogany wood with a quartzite countertop and backsplash. 12 feet wide and 9 feet tall! Lots of storage space all over. 214bb278add22869459388843839b549.jpg

Rich mahogany, check. But where are the leather bound books?
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Fud said:

3:45 pm is when this was posted, presumably in line for tomorrow’s open? That’s insane if that’s what’s happening 

6DC7E39B-2651-49D1-8D25-62C945DB37BA.png

It could be a great score if you hit on everything listed, but this isn’t worth it. 

These guys are probably the low men on the totem pole and holding spots for their fellow flippers. I wish they’d give you a number to prevent this stupid bullshit. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:18 AM, Dutchrudder said:

I'm doing inventory on my bourbon collection and putting together stuff I'm going to sell/trade and making a wish list of things I would like to get. Among the stuff I have is also this signed VY 16x20 photo, which I value around $150. If anyone in Houston is interested in a trade, let me know.

ISO:
Eagle Rare 17 (I know)
Wild Turkey Masters BIB
EC18
Eagle Rare store picks
BT store picks
Mitchers Toasted Rye
OE7

FT:
Eagle Rare 750ml (up to 😎
Old Fitzgerald 13 year
Thomas Handy 2018
Russel's Reserve NCF Flaks store pick
1792 Full Proof Liquor Hut pick
1792 BiB Liquor Hut pick
Blanton's and
Stagg JR. Batch 16
4R Flaks SP March 2020 OESK 9y11m

VY signed photo!

I’ll do a WTMK BiB, CYPB and either an ER pick or OE7 for the Old Fitz 13 and ‘18 THH.  

20 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol “htx bourbon hunter”

Even the minor social “personalities” get hooked up. Check out the Katy Bourbon Mafia mods on Facebook. It’s fairly obvious they’re drinking for free in exchange for plugging local bars. A couple Facebook posts is worth free BTAC pours.

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Oh I believe it. Spec’s provided enough notice, roughly 48 hours, that people could take off work or drive in other states. 

I believe the 2019 drop was announced the night before. 

I’ll stop by tomorrow and try to pick the bones. 

What bottles are the guys at the front getting? Van Winkle/BTAC?

What type of bottles picking up the bones would you get? Like store picks? 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

What bottles are the guys at the front getting? Van Winkle/BTAC?

What type of bottles picking up the bones would you get? Like store picks? 

I think they pulled out some BTAC for the people at the front of the line in 2019. I don’t think they pulled Pappy, but I could be wrong. I can’t speak to this year, but I know they got much more Sazerac 18 than normal. 

I wish Stagg Jr wasn’t on the list. The line would be much shorter. 

My basement expectations: Sazerac pick, Old Forester SiB BP pick, and Rebel Distiller Collection pick. 

If the Jack Daniel’s SiB BP proof is 140 proof or up, I’ll get one. 

I’m pretty bearish on getting bottles of : Stagg Jr, W12, and Weller Full Proof. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think they pulled out some BTAC for the people at the front of the line in 2019. I don’t think they pulled Pappy, but I could be wrong. I can’t speak to this year, but I know they got much more Sazerac 18 than normal. 

I wish Stagg Jr wasn’t on the list. The line would be much shorter. 

My basement expectations: Sazerac pick, Old Forester SiB BP pick, and Rebel Distiller Collection pick. 

If the Jack Daniel’s SiB BP proof is 140 proof or up, I’ll get one. 

I’m pretty bearish on getting bottles of : Stagg Jr, W12, and Weller Full Proof. 

I might stop by on the way home from work if there are some store picks still sitting out. I live in the non-bars area of midtown, but I hardly ever go to that Spec's because they never have anything of note, and I'd rather rack up points at TW or Ryan's Liquor 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

I might stop by on the way home from work if there are some store picks still sitting out. I live in the non-bars area of midtown, but I hardly ever go to that Spec's because they never have anything of note, and I'd rather rack up points at TW or Ryan's Liquor 

Not a bad approach. My key club points have handcuffed me to Spec’s. It’s pretty rare that Smith St has anything of note. I usually buy my weekly staples, say hello to a couple employees, and leave. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not a bad approach. My key club points have handcuffed me to Spec’s. It’s pretty rare that Smith St has anything of note. I usually buy my weekly staples, say hello to a couple employees, and leave. 

Now that TW is doing quarterly lottos instead of bi-annual, I think it's worth throwing your hat in the ring for the rare stuff. If you can get on their grand reserve list early in the year, then you have lottos for the rest of that year and all of the next 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Now that TW is doing quarterly lottos instead of bi-annual, I think it's worth throwing your hat in the ring for the rare stuff. If you can get on their grand reserve list early in the year, then you have lottos for the rest of that year and all of the next 

PM some of your scores at Total Wine. I’ll think about it. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

PM some of your scores at Total Wine. I’ll think about it. 

I've only been on it for one raffle so far, and "won" a Blanton's. This next one is the Van Winkle/BATC full lineup, so we'll see. It's more about having an outside chance at landing the top line bottles without having to drive around town or pay secondary 

I have a mom and pop honeyhole where I get an ER/Blanton's/OWA/EHT Small Batch level bottle every 3-4 weeks or so, but I don't think they'll ever get super rare stuff, so I like to at least have a lotto opportunity at that for near MSRP even if the odds are low, and TW gives me that 

Ryan's liquor has their raffle, but that's more of a Lot-B level affair 

First person in line received a ORVW. The next 4 received Sazerac 18. 

18 hour wait for that. Come on people. Your time is valuable and worth money. 

You overestimate the value of tater time. Some people I know in bourbon groups love to do that shit to talk to people in line and "build friendships", blows my mind.

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I had no idea BTAC was releasing today. I planned to run by the Bunker Hill Spec's on my way home from work and pick up a liter of Early Times BiB. Is it going to be a shit show? 

To my knowledge Spec’s has put BTAC on the floor once in the last 5 years. The pandemic restaurant sale in April 2020. 

The release today was at three locations. Smith St Houston, 75 in Dallas, and 1604 in San Antonio. 

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

bec84c5f744cbe7ee802227a75895860.jpg

The red line is the actual line as of this time. Maybe 500 people in line. Some of those people aint gonna end up with shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to throw cold water on you, but almost everyone in line was able to purchase W12 and Stagg Jr. 

I have a buddy that got back into line at 11 and he scooped up another Stagg Jr and W12. 

The amount of W12 and Stagg Jr they received was truly staggering. It looked like a full pallet for each. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

11 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

You got all of this just dropping by?

I woke up at 7 and headed down there. I figured I can either sit on my couch and watch Sportscenter or sit in a lawn chair. Good choice. 

The stars aligned where I have Thursday and Friday off because of New Years Day falling on a Saturday. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis